IGNORED

Nirun

Invicta

Anybody on here got any recent experience of renting/  owning condo in the Nirun complex. Lots of bad press in the past, has this improved in 2018. On paper there seems to be " good deals"?

I think Soi 7 lives there. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Its a big complex and so it can be very different where you rent or buy in it.  And there can be a big difference from block to block.

Have you ever been there to look ? theres a reason why its well known for budget rentals and purchase.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

The pool is being renovated and God only knows when will be done. There's another one in the tall building but it's crappy.

P3180019.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 2

This is a few pics of the unit I bought in 2013, sadly sold it a few months later, the idiot I am.

14.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

THe rent for the small units is between 4500 and 6500 baht, depending on quality and the length of your stay. If you want to buy make sure you buy foreign ownership only and I would stay away from units that has been occupied by Thais for they're usually pretty run down. The price is between 450 000 and 700 000 again, for the small units but wouldn't go above 600 000

Here's one of the best units, I rented ST for 6000

DSC05651_sm.jpg

DSC05655_sm.jpg

DSC05657_sm.jpg

DSC05659_sm.jpg

DSC05660_sm.jpg

DSC05661_sm.jpg

DSC05676_sm.jpg

And this is what you get for 4500 but for long term. Basically this is the best deal in town if you can put up with the location and some loud Germans/ Icelanders...

P9080094.jpg

• Like 2

and no, I am not an agent or something, simply out of work and kinda bored

One more thing - anybody who needs information on practical stuff such as where to eat, who has good food, bad food, decent bacon for breakfast, where to shop, cut hair, get laundry done, feel free to message me

• Like 2

would really suggest you go have a look for yourself 

might be convinient with most things close but thats it , rest aint too impressive to say it in a nice way 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

1 hour ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

I think I need to put my rental prices up.

JDM

Well. your rentals are clearly a different category, plus you never liked Nirun anyway  :)

On various sites there are numerous condos  there are some nicely renovated rooms for a good price,including Nirun but i guess the problem is these are alongside the ones that are not so nice in an older block. Is this the same for most of Pattaya/ Jomtien. I understand that the best way to get a feel for any condo complex is to visit them various times day or night. Not in the immediate future, but in a few years i am looking to buy a condo and share my time between the house up in Isaan my wife and i are having built now, and Pattaya/Jomtien. It seems like a choice between a well run older complex with larger rooms or a much smaller new condo. I ask these questions now so i am able to make a decision based on what i see and other peoples experiences

I looked at one in Pattaya Pad which is near Nirun, similar level to Nirun. It had a miserable run down feel about it, and the people that live there are probably short of money. One American guy there shouting outside, probably dimentia kicking in, just had that feel. Nirun although apparently having a good community you will get people who can't afford to live anywhere else and maybe on their last legs like the American guy. Poorly maintained places look miserable, corridors and common areas probably not maintained.

Apparently a fair number of bar girls live in Nirun, that may have advantages or not.

This is just my view, better to hear from someone who has lived there like[mention=16117]NorCalKid[/mention]

Nirun is better than Majestic.

That’s not a very high bar though!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 3/21/2018 at 06:58, alfazulu111 said:

Here's one of the best units, I rented ST for 6000

DSC05651_sm.jpg

DSC05655_sm.jpg

DSC05657_sm.jpg

DSC05659_sm.jpg

DSC05660_sm.jpg

DSC05661_sm.jpg

DSC05676_sm.jpg

Haha, I have stayed in that unit twice.  I liked it other than the fact the sink doesn't drain right and the jackhammers working next too Maxx hotel

My thoughts on Nirun.  DON'T BUY THERE UNLESS YOU HAVE STAYED THERE.  All the floors are different.  You really need to know which you want to be on and there's no way of knowing without being there.  I have stayed in A1,B1,B2, and C1 buildings. Best part of Nirun are the neighbors/community feel, worst part of Nirun is the neighbors/community.  You just gota try it to know what that means.  Pool getting repaired now.  You gota understand what your getting yourself into.  Shit is broken, the roofs leak, there is noise and smells(one reason you need to stay there first), shitty car parking, etc.  I mean fuck, the elevator was out in building D for what 9 months.  Do you want to live in a 12 story building run like that.  Living in Nirun is kind of an adventure and not for everyone.  Do not buy there till you know if that adventure is for you.  

IMO you shouldn't buy in a building in Pattaya till you have lived there.  This is doubly true of a place like Nirun.  EDIT: and though I have happily stayed in these little rooms I'm not sure I'd want to live out my days in one.  

I didn't stay there in Feb but here is the pool project.

40060023192_58a90cc391_z.jpgIMG20180204112446 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Children cutting their feet EVERY day on broken tile.  Sometimes green, usually cleaner.

34771260081_c1aa5fe448_z.jpg20170524_122832 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

EDIT: There are a bunch of buildings in this price range.  9 Korat, Spanish Garden, that one next to the Thai boxing place on Sukemvit, Fly Bird, The Majestic(in Jomtien).  Nirun is far from the only budget option.  

Edited by NorCalKid

On 3/22/2018 at 15:37, alfazulu111 said:

Well. your rentals are clearly a different category, plus you never liked Nirun anyway  :)

When have I posted I don't like it, I consider my post to be well balanced.

Yes all my rentals are in a different category and for an extra 133tb a day you could rent one in VT2B.

I fully understand people live where they can afford to and would never condemn them for doing so.

My post on increasing my rent was made as you posted this was one of the "best" you rented for 6,000tb, it begs the question what did the worst one look like ?.

I was considering letting my apartment in Jarda Beach at 8,000tb a month on a year contract it rents with a fully equipped kitchen, free internet, cable tv 2 sets of quality bedding and towels under ground car/ bike park never full ( key card lift from car park ) LED lights, Large flat screen TV, Large full size fridge with separate freezer compartment, government utility rates.  And that would be 66tb a day more than you are paying I have now changed my mind.

Please note ALL TENANTS WILL be registered at immigration ( TM30 ) if renting from me ( if you are looking to stay under the radar )and not be registered go look somewhere else.

Some photos of Jada Beach there are more on my website

20160413_123252.jpg

20160413_123304.jpg

20160413_123154.jpg

20160413_122506.jpg

20160413_122524.jpg20160413_122353.jpg20160413_122103.jpg20160413_122152.jpg20160413_122025.jpg20160413_121557.jpg20160413_121544.jpg20160413_121506.jpg

Edited by JAI DEE MAK

[emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️ not everyone wants to live in Jomtien. One advantage of Nurin is location, walkable to Soi Buakhao, Beach Road, Walking Street. I don't want to live at Nurin but i like Soi Arunatai area

• Like 2

I agree for some its  location location location and just a bed to sleep in.

As they say "never mind the quality feel the width".

Or in Thailand "up to you".

Jokes aside there are many a gem to be found in that Soi Arunatai area but one would need to have a good look around as when they have been found many renters will re book a long time before arriving again so are booked up almost if not fully 12 months in advance.

JDM

54 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

When have I posted I don't like it, I consider my post to be well balanced.

Yes all my rentals are in a different category and for an extra 133tb a day you could rent one in VT2B.

I fully understand people live where they can afford to and would never condemn them for doing so.

My post on increasing my rent was made as you posted this was one of the "best" you rented for 6,000tb, it begs the question what did the worst one look like ?.

I was considering letting my apartment in Jarda Beach at 8,000tb a month on a year contract it rents with a fully equipped kitchen, free internet, cable tv 2 sets of quality bedding and towels under ground car/ bike park never full ( key card lift from car park ) LED lights, Large flat screen TV, Large full size fridge with separate freezer compartment, government utility rates.  And that would be 66tb a day more than you are paying I have now changed my mind.

Please note ALL TENANTS WILL be registered at immigration ( TM30 ) if renting from me ( if you are looking to stay under the radar )and not be registered go look somewhere else.

Some photos of Jada Beach there are more on my website

It's in the next post, right below the one you quoted.

Look, the OP asked a question and I am sharing what I can. I know many guys are interested in the place, so I gave my two cents worth. Everybody knows, it's not the Hilton, no wonder, it is Pattaya's cheapest accomodation but I know a handful of British and American guys who are happy here and keep coming back on a regular basis. It's not a competition, it's sharing information.

Thanks everyone for the input, I only want to gain information for the moment. I know that before buying anywhere I should rent for a while to get a feel for the complexand area . If there is nowhere desirable in central Pattaya I know there is probably a better choice in Jomtien/ Pratumnak and very close to baht bus route for an occasional trip to Pattaya. Probable max budget is going to be 1.5- 2Million baht

4 hours ago, alfazulu111 said:

It's in the next post, right below the one you quoted.

Look, the OP asked a question and I am sharing what I can. I know many guys are interested in the place, so I gave my two cents worth. Everybody knows, it's not the Hilton, no wonder, it is Pattaya's cheapest accomodation but I know a handful of British and American guys who are happy here and keep coming back on a regular basis. It's not a competition, it's sharing information.

Mate, as long as you are happy that its all that matters clearly 66 tb a day more is more than you are willing to pay for accommodation that is in a different world that clearly is your decision and you have made it.

Any chance you could post pictures of the worst one you stayed in ?.

So BM can compere your current one.

I think your and my pictures speak of them selves 66tb more a day to stay in mine thats not the price of a big beer a day . altho i understand for some the one beer is more important. 

JDM

Edited by JAI DEE MAK