Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Studio in View Talay 2B for long term rent

mroovah

My annual council tax renewal just came through: £148 pm.

Yes, it's west London, but that's absurd and gives much perspective on the cost of living in England.
Yes council tax is a rip off, mine in Glasgow is £200 a month. I looked what it gets spent on and i use 10% so the rest doesn't help me at all. Another reason to move to Pattaya

Mine is £113 so not too bad. Next door rents at £1200 month - for someone who doesn't need much space, its a head-scratcher sometimes.

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
On 4/19/2018 at 09:39, Bobby137 said:
My annual council tax renewal just came through: £148 pm.

Yes, it's west London, but that's absurd and gives much perspective on the cost of living in England.

Yes council tax is a rip off, mine in Glasgow is £200 a month. I looked what it gets spent on and i use 10% so the rest doesn't help me at all. Another reason to move to Pattaya

I agree that taxes generally are too high in the UK. Not so sure I buy your argument that it's a rip-off because you only use some of the services you currently use. For example, the Education budget is a major part of Council spending, but you don't currently go to school. However, many years ago, you did go to school. Just because you don't consume a service at any given moment in time doesn't make it a rip-off.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that i pay 'buttons' for my estate management fees for my house in Udon Thani - street swept and bins collected daily! I am not a fan of big Government and big taxes.

I agree that taxes generally are too high in the UK. Not so sure I buy your argument that it's a rip-off because you only use some of the services you currently use. For example, the Education budget is a major part of Council spending, but you don't currently go to school. However, many years ago, you did go to school. Just because you don't consume a service at any given moment in time doesn't make it a rip-off.
Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that i pay 'buttons' for my estate management fees for my house in Udon Thani - street swept and bins collected daily! I am not a fan of big Government and big taxes.
Re the school thing, my parents would have paid a high council tax whilst i was at school that would have covered it. Most councils are inefficient, whenever i have dealings with public sector such as Glasgow council it has too many jobsworths who think they're owed a living

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Re the school thing, my parents would have paid a high council tax whilst i was at school that would have covered it. Most councils are inefficient, whenever i have dealings with public sector such as Glasgow council it has too many jobsworths who think they're owed a living

I assume you used to pay income tax as well?  Saying you're ripped off because you don't have direct usage of a given tax-funded service is a little odd.  Your paid taxes contribute towards military spending for example.  Are you ripped off because they won't let you play with their guns?

I assume you used to pay income tax as well?  Saying you're ripped off because you don't have direct usage of a given tax-funded service is a little odd.  Your paid taxes contribute towards military spending for example.  Are you ripped off because they won't let you play with their guns?
That's different, i do get use out of military same police. With council tax the fire service is included which is fine also, i dont have to have a fire in my house to justify their fee

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Wingcom - Agree 100%, you have hit the nail on the head. There are many reasons to rail against excessive taxation, but the mere fact you don't use particular services isn't one of them.

Scuba - You will get few arguments from me about the gross inefficiency of public services. I have both worked in them and as a private consultant (specializing in business efficiency) tried to improve them. Many pubic bodies are absolutely hopeless and full of 'jobsworths and on that basis, you (and I) are on strong ground in terms of objecting to paying too much in taxation. However, the fact that we might train at Bannatyne's Health Club, as opposed to the Council run one, doesn't entitile us to a Council Tax rebate :)

I love my 25% single person discount on council tax. Its the other 75 i begrudge lol

4 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I love my 25% single person discount on council tax. Its the other 75 i begrudge lol

You sir can always be relied on to throw in a witty one-liner....I salute you :Clap:

On 20/03/2018 at 12:05, mroovah said:

Just one month deposit(as for new regulations). 

That new law only concerns the landlords / leasing buisness who rent at least 5 properties.

For houses and condos with good furnitures, a 2 month deposit is the norm.

Expect that one month will gradually become the norm. Who will not be insistent on paying one month?

• 4 weeks later...

In Thailand foreign landlords are always at a disadvantage, because in condominiums Thai landlords can buy at bargain prices once the foreign quota has been reached.

When I was still a tourist I’ve been offered by a Thai business man a condo at half the price a real estate agent charged for a similar studio.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Archived