exercise

Utapao to Pattaya

I'm intending on flying Perth to Utapao via KL as it seems to be quicker and a little cheaper than going via either of the Bangkok airports. The taxi from Utapao to Pattaya should be no more than 800THB according to other threads on this forum and just an hour compared to 1300THB from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and 2.5 hours.

The downside is the return flight UTP-PER incurs a 4.5 hour transfer at KL.

Which sites or numbers should I hit up for booking the taxi from UTP to town? I used a lady called Meaw once a few years back but have since lost her number/LINE ID.

59 minutes ago, exercise said:

I'm intending on flying Perth to Utapao via KL as it seems to be quicker and a little cheaper than going via either of the Bangkok airports. The taxi from Utapao to Pattaya should be no more than 800THB according to other threads on this forum and just an hour compared to 1300THB from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and 2.5 hours.

The downside is the return flight UTP-PER incurs a 4.5 hour transfer at KL.

Which sites or numbers should I hit up for booking the taxi from UTP to town? I used a lady called Meaw once a few years back but have since lost her number/LINE ID.

From Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya should only take about 1hr 30mins by taxi and if you pre book taxi with Toms taxis or PJ taxis it will cost 1000TBH or 1100TBH, I’ve used PJ taxis before when using Utapao airport and yes it was 800TBH, if that’s any help?

2 tips. 

1) Don't just hire one of the mini buses at the terminal, right before the exit. Take a stroll outside the terminal along the curb. You have a good chance of running into a taxi operator looking for a passenger for their return trip to Pattaya. You can likely score a very good deal. Better than the 800 you mention. 

2) For the return trip, call The Crane Company to set up a reservation +66 81 377 2778. They will ask for more details of your hotel address and your flight details. This company has serviced a joint minibus from Pattaya to Utapao with a charge of 250 baht per person. 

45 minutes ago, Skent said:

From Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya should only take about 1hr 30mins by taxi and if you pre book taxi with Toms taxis or PJ taxis it will cost 1000TBH or 1100TBH, I’ve used PJ taxis before when using Utapao airport and yes it was 800TBH, if that’s any help?

Thanks but I really can do without the hassle of a big airport this time around.

42 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

2 tips. 

1) Don't just hire one of the mini buses at the terminal, right before the exit. Take a stroll outside the terminal along the curb. You have a good chance of running into a taxi operator looking for a passenger for their return trip to Pattaya. You can likely score a very good deal. Better than the 800 you mention. 

2) For the return trip, call The Crane Company to set up a reservation +66 81 377 2778. They will ask for more details of your hotel address and your flight details. This company has serviced a joint minibus from Pattaya to Utapao with a charge of 250 baht per person. 

Great advice thanks.

I know some of the private taxis used by many BMs have had problems operating out of U-Tapao. eg Nam doesn’t list a price on her website.

If you’re flying with Air Asia they offer a mini van service for some flights that go between the airport and Central. 

You may need to contact a few companies and see what response you get.

Here are (hopefully correct) contact details for 3 lady drivers:

Ann Private Taxi Service

+66 81 205 3044

[email protected]

www.pattaya-taxiservice.com

Meow Taxi Service

+66 85 934 4475

[email protected]

Nam’s Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya

[email protected]

https://www.facebook...801240839919073

I flew AirAsia from Singapore to Utapao. Immigration was very slow, about 50 minutes - maybe better now.

Outside the terminal there was a choice. Minivan, think 250 THB, which took van full of passengers and a circuit to drop off at hotels.

I preferred a taxi, 800 bahts/about 45 minutes direct to my hotel in North Pattaya.

Another recent thread:

All very confusing. I'll try the ladies to see what the go is.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

All very confusing. I'll try the ladies to see what the go is.

So Ann doesnt do it and Meow costs 700. Maybe I'll try my luck outside the arrivals with an orphaned taxi.

Your 4.5 hr layover in KL should not be too bad. Sounds like you are flying AirAsia and the new terminal in KL is large and has a ton of choices in food, etc.

Something seems to have changed with the 250b mini bus at U-tapao.  Used to be several companies with desks as you exited the passenger terminal. Now only one company.  Still 250b but service is improved in that the mini bus picks you up right at the curb (used to have to walk out into the lot). Drops you right off at your hotel.

With the change, I don't know if Crane Co. is still around to arrange pick-up Pattaya to the airport. Anyone use them for pick-up lately?

This is the company that seems to have taken over the transportation at U-Tapao (I took their 250b mini bus earlier this month). They are on Line if you want to contact them and ask them for a private car quote:

th_610957574_25594291_10213711015826113_ th_161095993_25507881_10213711015386102_ th_610961982_25552126_10213711015426103_

Facebook Link

This is the company that seems to have taken over the transportation at U-Tapao (I took their 250b mini bus earlier this month). They are on Line if you want to contact them and ask them for a private car quote:

th_610957574_25594291_10213711015826113_3058394977535701551_n_122_580lo.jpg th_161095993_25507881_10213711015386102_2516019582558213847_n_122_168lo.jpg th_610961982_25552126_10213711015426103_1699645916459827618_n_122_388lo.jpg

Facebook Link
So a shuttle share is just outside arrivals and costs 250THB?

38 minutes ago, exercise said:

So a shuttle share is just outside arrivals and costs 250THB?

Yes, have a desk set up near the exit door (same logo as in the pic I posted above). Give them 250b and your hotel information. Attendant helped me with my luggage to the curb where the mini bus picked me up, loaded my luggage for me and took me to my Pattaya hotel.

• Like 2

Went through Utapao just this last week via Macau. Pretty much 1st through arrivals so nobody in front waiting for transport. Arrived about 2.30pm, not as if it was the dead of night or anything like that. Only one kiosk now, the U-Tapao Airport Limousine Company.  "Sorry Sir, no minibus for 3 hours until the Hat Yai flight arrives, you can have our taxi for 1000Bt instead"

6 hours ago, The Jewelman said:

Went through Utapao just this last week via Macau. Pretty much 1st through arrivals so nobody in front waiting for transport. Arrived about 2.30pm, not as if it was the dead of night or anything like that. Only one kiosk now, the U-Tapao Airport Limousine Company.  "Sorry Sir, no minibus for 3 hours until the Hat Yai flight arrives, you can have our taxi for 1000Bt instead"

Same thing happen to me in July. I came from KL.

They said no minibus for 2 hours. But it was a scam.

They try to send farangs with taxi instead.

I told them this was a joke, and they took me to the domestic entrance. There was a minibus leaving in 20 minutes.

Does anyone have up to date information about transfers from airport to Pattaya or is everything still same as above.