IGNORED

Agoda cancelled on me...

Clem Fandango

So I booked the August Suites two days ago for 13 days in April. I payed at the time for £366. However the money has been sitting in my bank account as pending. Then today Agoda got in touch to day that the booking was revoked by the hotel as they where full. Credit to Agoda they apologied and said that the hotel is offering the March hotel as an alternative. I refused this and asked for the April’s suites,however it was also full. 

This is were the customer service was excellent. They gave me a deal on the Nova Gold hotel with a 15% discount. So I got a deluxe King for £333 for the 13 nights. Read some reviews on here and I more than happy. Yeah the location is 5 minute walk to 2nd road and 15 minutes to Pattaya Klang. However I am in no rush in the mornings this trip as not planning to golf every other morning from LK. Will just use the motorbike taxi or the buggy when available. Also it’s good to see another area of Pattaya as I’m normally always located in the LK area.  

Anyway just a quick story of being let down and then being given top customer service.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I see the hotel made Agoda wait, so really the hotel could have said they were full as soon as you tried to book. Looks to me the hotel made you wait until a better deal came up which has happened.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

I have been using Agoda for the best part of 6yrs  and they have always delivered.

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

That August group has gotten successful and gone to hell with their customer relations. They can well do without any one cusstomer. Good luck with them; ten years ago they were the best.

1 hour ago, JABL said:

I have been using Agoda for the best part of 6yrs  and they have always delivered.

Yeah and credit to them for assisting me so quickly and with a good deal. I blame August Suites not particularly Agoda.

never stayed in any of their hotels because of location, but not honoring their reservations would be turn off for me.

Used Agoda for every trip everywhere for the last 8 years, with only one mishap, which wasnt Agoda's fault. They still gave me a voucher for a future booking.

I will keep using them.

Nova Gold is ok , but we found far to far from where we like to drink ie Metro area ,just saying.

Yeah August Suites used to be my mainstay in that area but since March hotel opened you try to check in and they are pushing you into March despite booking August Suites. They tried that on with me last year and I said get stuffed. March is in a much worse spot and I dont think the hotel is as good and the rooms are definitely not as big. So it's poor service to just shift people with no notice like that.

It's a shame but I too think they have become a victim of their own success and customer relations have declined because of it. I might try Areca Lodge again next trip!

1 hour ago, standard said:

Nova Gold is ok , but we found far to far from where we like to drink ie Metro area ,just saying.

Same same for me...

Just a friendly warning that I got from my friend when I was planning to book Nova Gold. The location is quite bad if you're planning to stay anywhere else than Soi 6...

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

12 hours ago, Mr_Peace said:

Just a friendly warning that I got from my friend when I was planning to book Nova Gold. The location is quite bad if you're planning to stay anywhere else than Soi 6...

and it's a good 5-7 minute walk even to Soi 6 along crappy streets...(don't know if streets is the correct description)

On 3/16/2018 at 14:49, Barhop said:

and it's a good 5-7 minute walk even to Soi 6 along crappy streets...(don't know if streets is the correct description)

Very true and quite a lot of traffic at times too.  March is the better hotel and is nowhere near as bad as some are saying here.  I am here now and after 2 nights can say I am impressed with it after moving from KTK which is near Nova Gold.  Last night I walked to Soi 6 first which didn't take much longer than from KTK then came back from WS and got off the Baht Bus near the Hard Rock and it's less than a 5 minute walk up Soi 5 to March and it's a short walk to Klang too.

I also booked thru Agoda and was upgraded to a premium room, good features like no adaptors needed for the sockets, very soft bed and excellent shower with separate bath.  I have a good balcony too and there's a gym and pool which I will check out later.

Sorry but March is the better hotel for my money.

On 14/03/2018 at 19:54, Joethescot said:

So I booked the August Suites two days ago for 13 days in April. I payed at the time for £366. However the money has been sitting in my bank account as pending. Then today Agoda got in touch to day that the booking was revoked by the hotel as they where full. Credit to Agoda they apologied and said that the hotel is offering the March Hotel as an alternative. I refused this and asked for the April’s suites,however it was also full. 

This is were the customer service was excellent. They gave me a deal on the Nova Gold Hotel with a 15% discount. So I got a deluxe King for £333 for the 13 nights. Read some reviews on here and I more than happy. Yeah the location is 5 minute walk to 2nd road and 15 minutes to Pattaya Klang. However I am in no rush in the mornings this trip as not planning to golf every other morning from LK. Will just use the motorbike taxi or the buggy when available. Also it’s good to see another area of Pattaya as I’m normally always located in the LK area.  

Anyway just a quick story of being let down and then being given top customer service.

Joe good post and great customer service from Agoda. Don’t be put off by location, I’ve stayed in just about every hotel in that soi (including Nova Gold)...it’s a top place to stay. It’s a chilled vibe and cleaner/quieter in the soi than around LK, yet close enough to the action. You have Jameson’s Irish Bar next door and a few good eating places in the soi. It’s 5/6 minutes walk to Soi 6. You can use the free shuttle bus and taxi bike back (50thb).

You might ask Nova Gold for high floor, rear-side corner suite...decent views and even bigger rooms. The breakfast (and it is good) is served at nearby Amari Nova Suites - you can use their pool too.

4ED7E460-4A97-4EF3-8B84-506684BE385E.jpeg

E266CDA8-D88B-4034-8E8E-2C27B1B1F0C8.jpeg

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Joe good post and great customer service from Agoda. Don’t be put off by location, I’ve stayed in just about every hotel in that soi (including Nova Gold)...it’s a top place to stay. It’s a chilled vibe and cleaner/quieter in the soi than around LK, yet close enough to the action. You have Jameson’s Irish Bar next door and a few good eating places in the soi. It’s 5/6 minutes walk to Soi 6. You can use the free shuttle bus and taxi bike back (50thb).

You might ask Nova Gold for high floor, rear-side corner suite...decent views and even bigger rooms. The breakfast (and it is good) is served at nearby Amari Nova Suites - you can use their pool too.

4ED7E460-4A97-4EF3-8B84-506684BE385E.jpeg

E266CDA8-D88B-4034-8E8E-2C27B1B1F0C8.jpeg

Hey Dude, I am all good for using motorbike taxis and what’s an extra 50b or 100b on an evening. I’m not going to be golfing nearly as much this trip in pattaya as have 5 days solid of it up in a Khao Yai and an nursing a knee injury (waiting an operation,might have to dig deep and go private) so I don’t need to be walking or bhat bus from LK. 

I am pretty cool with this hotel as it’s another part of town which I can explore as I am a creature of habits on my PDR few trips. 

Read your our review and to be honest it convinced me to go ahead and book the hotel. I will be sure to ask for your recommendation about the room. 

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, Ludhamlad said:

Very true and quite a lot of traffic at times too.  March is the better hotel and is nowhere near as bad as some are saying here.  I am here now and after 2 nights can say I am impressed with it after moving from KTK which is near Nova Gold.  Last night I walked to Soi 6 first which didn't take much longer than from KTK then came back from WS and got off the Baht Bus near the Hard Rock and it's less than a 5 minute walk up Soi 5 to March and it's a short walk to Klang too.

I also booked thru Agoda and was upgraded to a premium room, good features like no adaptors needed for the sockets, very soft bed and excellent shower with separate bath.  I have a good balcony too and there's a gym and pool which I will check out later.

Sorry but March is the better hotel for my money.

Oh well this is what makes Pattaya so special I’m my eyes. There is so many options for hotels,food,bars,golf and girls.

Its great to hear everyone’s opinions and I appreciate people taking time to give them so thank you.

Guess my decision is made and I will have to burn some calories walking some more from the hotel. Don’t mind walking as there is always something to see or do. 

Thanks for the reply.

8 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

Hey Dude, I am all good for using motorbike taxis and what’s an extra 50b or 100b on an evening. I’m not going to be golfing nearly as much this trip in pattaya as have 5 days solid of it up in a Khao Yai and an nursing a knee injury (waiting an operation,might have to dig deep and go private) so I don’t need to be walking or bhat bus from LK. 

I am pretty cool with this hotel as it’s another part of town which I can explore as I am a creature of habits on my PDR few trips. 

Read your our review and to be honest it convinced me to go ahead and book the hotel. I will be sure to ask for your recommendation about the room. 

Thanks again. 

The rooms are really nice and I like the fact that the hotel itself is quite small. The pool isn’t up to much (small and shady) but the sister hotel Amari Nova Suites is excellent. The soi is a firm favorite of mine, the only drawback is, as you point out, if you are playing golf daily out of (say) LK and lugging your clubs back and forward to the hotel.

i stayed in this soi 2 weeks ago...love it.

For the money your paying you are getting great value IMO.

12 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The rooms are really nice and I like the fact that the hotel itself is quite small. The pool isn’t up to much (small and shady) but the sister hotel Amari Nova Suites is excellent. The soi is a firm favorite of mine, the only drawback is, as you point out, if you are playing golf daily out of (say) LK and lugging your clubs back and forward to the hotel.

i stayed in this soi 2 weeks ago...love it.

For the money your paying you are getting great value IMO.

Yeah I agree on the pool however as you said can use next door. Thankfully I drop my clubs at Lk first day and pick them up in Nams taxi on way to airport. 

Looks like we are playing in Kabi buri aswell as Khao Yai. 5 days and 2 days in each. Will do a little report on the Serenity spa hotel in Kabi buri it’s looks top class. 

Enjoy your weekend.

On 3/14/2018 at 08:54, Joethescot said:

So I booked the August Suites two days ago for 13 days in April. I payed at the time for £366. However the money has been sitting in my bank account as pending. Then today Agoda got in touch to day that the booking was revoked by the hotel as they where full. Credit to Agoda they apologied and said that the hotel is offering the March Hotel as an alternative. I refused this and asked for the April’s suites,however it was also full. 

This is were the customer service was excellent. They gave me a deal on the Nova Gold Hotel with a 15% discount. So I got a deluxe King for £333 for the 13 nights. Read some reviews on here and I more than happy. Yeah the location is 5 minute walk to 2nd road and 15 minutes to Pattaya Klang. However I am in no rush in the mornings this trip as not planning to golf every other morning from LK. Will just use the motorbike taxi or the buggy when available. Also it’s good to see another area of Pattaya as I’m normally always located in the LK area.  

Wow that is pretty awesome that they didn't just give you a credit or something with them, they actually gave you a discount as a way to apologize.

Did you email back and forth with them to resolve the problem or did you do it over the phone? I'm curious because I'll be booking almost all of my hotels with them for my next trip to Pattaya.

3 hours ago, blueforever25 said:

Wow that is pretty awesome that they didn't just give you a credit or something with them, they actually gave you a discount as a way to apologize.

Did you email back and forth with them to resolve the problem or did you do it over the phone? I'm curious because I'll be booking almost all of my hotels with them for my next trip to Pattaya.

Booked it online as that’s the only way. They dealt with my issue over the phone from Hong Kong

Thanks for the reply - dealing with something over the phone is always so much quicker and I can't believe more people don't do it nowadays!

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 10:45, OKAY said:

That August group has gotten successful and gone to hell with their customer relations. They can well do without any one cusstomer. Good luck with them; ten years ago they were the best.

My experience with them was bait and switch--never again.

Now that May hotel is also operational they would continue doing this.

Even if your booking with Agoda is confirmed they would still move you to March or May based on reviews. I emailed Agoda to confirm what they would do in that case. They said based on policies the hotel can arrange an accommodation at a sister hotel if there is no additional cost. If the customer does not accept Agoda will offer something based on whats available with its partner hotels. If the customer still does not accept a full refund will be given. Since there is nothing preventing them from moving people I cancelled by booking.

Never going to book with August management hotels. I always book with Agoda though. The best rates and top class service.

Archived