Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Real Estate Agency | Rental Contract Issues

landmann

@Cerberus

thanks for all advises !! I will not do anything if there is just the slightest chance to loose the money.... I have learned the lesson.

Anyway, last question: Could someone recommend a comfortable and contemporary newer housing development within the Pattaya area ? I bet all of you know the area very well and as far as I know a lot has been build during the past years. The problem may be that I am only interested in some low-rise developments and something with sea view haha... :) but I am flexible with regards to the area etc.. Thanks

18 hours ago, landmann said:

Hi, thanks to all for your input. I will talk to the real estate agent again and try to secure the condo for a 35K deposit with a contract, verification of the ownership etc..If they dont agree I let it go and wait until I arrive. You are all right: Pattaya does not run away, its low season and the market seems to be good for a renter. Cheers !!

B14D1470-F74E-45F8-BD47-9B6DB19BF031.jpeg.3988cdb893ee48f632f83954c028b518.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Nice pic....:)

I just follow up on someting others recommed. Anyway, I am also prepared to wait upon arrival if there is the slightest chance to loose money.

1 hour ago, striderman said:

this is like that scene from the 1967 movie cool hand luke.................what we have here is failure to communicate

[ Great film, striderman! .. Strother Martin, Paul Newman .. southern defiance against 'the man'. ]

Using that film as an analogue, landmann would have little difficulty understanding what an unrelenting ass-whipping looks like, once you are sucked into the Thai Vortex.

Jeez, I am pretty sure there is really nothing more that we can do .. we do see this kind of .. umm .. 'bravery' .. every once in a long while and it is always instructive to newbie observers.

At some point, all we can do is sit back, open a cold 'un, settle in with a bowl of popcorn, and watch.

[ Is any of this getting through to you landmann?  ;-)  ]

On the positive side, this will likely be one of those inevitable learning moments for landmann .. we all go through them, but jeez, landmann hasn't even arrived here yet!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Unfortunately our friend Landman is exactly the type of tourist, expat, or whatever he plans to be, that the scum of Pattaya are looking for. And that goes for the Thais and other expats. They know of no other way to make a living than to steal from others, and the more gullible (clueless?) the potential victim is, the more they are ready to pounce.

I wish the guy luck, but anybody who was willing to wire a Thai over $1000 for a condo site unseen has me worried. 

1 minute ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

... I wish the guy luck, but anybody who was willing to wire a Thai over $1000 for a condo site unseen has me worried. 

Aww, c'mon Pattaya_Brian, don't lose any sleep over this .. some people cannot be helped.

Shifting from ernest advice mode to entertainment mode.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I am not planning to wire anything to a local Thai representative or a real estate agent, but to the legitimate condo owner. In addition I have asked to send a video of the condos current condition (furniture etc..) and the contract will be only honored if everything is according to the description etc.. otherwise I expect a full refund of the deposit I may send. Thanks again for all the advises.

12 minutes ago, landmann said:

I am not planning to wire anything to a local Thai representative or a real estate agent, but to the legitimate condo owner. In addition I have asked to send a video of the condos current condition (furniture etc..) and the contract will be only honored if everything is according to the description etc.. otherwise I expect a full refund of the deposit I may send. Thanks again for all the advises.

if you belive there are some "honor" here or you are protected by any type of law or legal rights there is no point for any futher advices to you .

Cerberus wrote : 

- You have had sound advice but still seem set on making a substantial payment to someone without any real legal security. I concur with all these gentlemen and strongly advise you not to do so. There is not a single one of us who has lived here more than a mere moment in time that would make such a payment.  Contracts here are virtually worthless due to the time they can take to be processed through a court -

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

1 hour ago, landmann said:

How do you know the identity of the legitimate owner?  Can you read Thai language property documents?

Arbitration arrangements if descriptions and video do not match reality when you get there?

Don't do it, for all the reasons given over the last two pages. 

13 hours ago, landmann said:

How are you going to know if the video is of the unit your will be renting?

Expecting a full refund or even getting any kind of refund, good luck on that.

You ask for advice here, but chose not to take any of it from those who only want to help you from throwing you money away.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I really don't understand the Op's rush...trust me and just about everyone else on this thread, that it IS A RENTER'S MARKET. No need to "reserve" a joint with a couple of K... Come and look around, take your time, and you will be very pleasantly surprised with what you can find on offer here.

Keep your money in your pocket, until you are looking at the eyes of the person you are dealing with.  Don't send any money in advance.  It is an exceptionally foolish thing to do. 

Take the tip.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 09:26, dave01 said:

I really don't understand the Op's rush...trust me and just about everyone else on this thread, that it IS A RENTER'S MARKET. No need to "reserve" a joint with a couple of K... Come and look around, take your time, and you will be very pleasantly surprised with what you can find on offer here.

Especially during low season at a complex on the outskirts of Pattaya.

On 3/13/2018 at 01:30, dave01 said:

Maybe not the advice you are looking for... BUT, the best advice I got from the blokes on the board prior to moving here, was come over, rent a place (hotel/condo/guest house) for a short period of time and have a look around and deal with people in person.

I know that is not what the OP asked, but as above, I don't like the sound of what is being offered to the OP by the agent.

This was how I bought my home in Mexico, and it's solid advice anytime you're looking to buy or rent long-term in another country.  I'd advise listening to friends who know (or the knowledge on this board) to find a solid short-term stay, such as a guest house, while you shop for the right apartment locally.  The inventory is going to be far greater than you are experiencing online, and you will be able to avoid *some* of the hassles and scams.

Archived