Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Samsung J7

Billyboy294

I got a message to update my Samsung J7 so i did so and it took quite a while to upload and install.

However i just dont like the look of it now.  Changes for changes sake.  For example some idiot instead of showing the time in the usual form when you open the phone you get 2 numbers for the hours on top of 2 numbers for the minutes. It just does not look like the time. And some of the the text is now spindly.

Is it possible to uninstall?

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I have a 900 baht Nokia.........nae ploblems we it Billy :ThumbUp6:

hopefully someone will come along on here and sort it....good luck :Cross_Fingers:

From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.

Tap Settings.
Tap Applications.
Tap Application manager.
Tap the desired application.
Tap Uninstall.
Tap Uninstall again to confirm.

7 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Is it possible to uninstall?

Not really. The update you describe is the operating system going from Android 6 to Android 7. It is far more than a simple cosmetic update.

You can change the font used in the system settings and the way the clock displays from the launcher settings, or you could install another clock or launcher from the Play Store. Or just get used to it.

On 3/10/2018 at 19:09, Pattaya_Brian said:

From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.

Tap Settings.
Tap Applications.
Tap Application manager.
Tap the desired application.
Tap Uninstall.
Tap Uninstall again to confirm.

I decided to try that. Failed at step 2.

At Settings I cannot see Applications

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

Those instructions are for uninstalling an application. What I believe you're looking to do is rollback an OS upgrade. Try this Google search on "rollback android update". Some hits that may help you.

Another option, do keyword Google search on how to change things, like the clock display, back to the previous version. You may find that with a bit of effort you can keep the current update to Android and get the user interface back to what you're used to.

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I tried a Google and it seems i am not the only one not liking the updates

There are dozens of messages like this:

I agree that latest update is horrible
And i want to go back to the previous version.
All menu shortcuts are gone colours are awful! And much more complicated to use.
My phone is no longer user friendly!
Someone out there help!!!
Thanx

I spoke to a guy in Tukcom who i believe knows what he is talking about. He said he could uninstall Android V7 and put back V6 but i would loose  my memory so I decided to just get used to V7.

On reflection he possibly meant all my settings such as ringtone, text size. wallpaper etc. I suppose it would be like it was when i bought it.

2 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

I spoke to a guy in Tukcom who i believe knows what he is talking about. He said he could uninstall Android V7 and put back V6 but i would loose  my memory so I decided to just get used to V7.

On reflection he possibly meant all my settings such as ringtone, text size. wallpaper etc. I suppose it would be like it was when i bought it.

All your photos, music etc would be gone. 

17 hours ago, Biennial said:

All your photos, music etc would be gone. 

That is a thought, although i think they are all on a micro card which i can remove.

Would all my phone numbers on my sim be gone?

9 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

That is a thought, although i think they are all on a micro card which i can remove.

Would all my phone numbers on my sim be gone?

No, not on your sim. Only in the phone. You can also back them up to the google cloud. (as can you back up your pictures)

I put my micro card into my desktop to see what was in it and it just would not open, just got the waiting circle. Tried several times. Anyway with the  card out all my photos were in the phone.

Archived