Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Central Condo/Serviced Apt. recommendations?

Jackie2013

Hi Guys, 

Just finished my first condo stay at the Centara Avenue Residence. Mixed feelings: Location superb. Interior was new and good. AC was old and reused models with unaccapteable noise (confirmed with other guests). Lots of hotel guests took away the quiet/relaxed atmosphere I like about my own stay. 

Perhaps revisits, perhaps not. 

Anyways - what condos or serviced apartments would you recommend if one appreciate the "Central Pattaya" area? 

5 hours ago, Jackie2013 said:

Hi Guys, 

Just finished my first condo stay at the Centara Avenue Residence. Mixed feelings: Location superb. Interior was new and good. AC was old and reused models with unaccapteable noise (confirmed with other guests). Lots of hotel guests took away the quiet/relaxed atmosphere I like about my own stay. 

Perhaps revisits, perhaps not. 

Anyways - what condos or serviced apartments would you recommend if one appreciate the "Central Pattaya" area? 

Op sounds like you talking about the Avenue residence not centara  condo behind azure hotel  as it is only a year old just did my first stay there new air cons so there is ok and city garden and the urban up the road. You would have walk past these places daily and + 1 for TV6 for the condo recommendations.

Serviced apartment heaps to choose from look at golden crab on soi 13 close/ April sweets gets a wrap from others  LK group do monthly service rooms as well and KTK group touch out of town but still good location centra and quiet  look good. All that area is good nova suits and Amari and others.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

vt6 is by far best located but not the best if youre on a budget , hard to advice with so little information about needs and budget 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Thanks for your input Talung, I appreciate it. I actually meant Centara Avenue Residence as stated in my original post. It was the loudest AC's I've ever encountered and a total of 3 guests confirmed my irritation. One said that he opened the "bars/box" and checked the model: several years old. 

I'm not making a thing about it - it's just one bulletpoint of my stay. 

Back to topic. 

I like the central/soi buahkao area and I just would like to hear some personal reviews of some places, since there are so many to choose from. I'm looking for 20k/month and 1 bed/studio is enough. No need for a gym and pool to be honest. 

There are plenty in the Avenue area. Should just have walked around and taken a look while you were there.

• 1 month later...

I will be looking for a condo to rent in central Pattaya that is cheaper than VT6, and am not really interested in the Base, as the condos are really small.

i looked at serviced apartments, but would like some opinions on some of the places around Second Road.

13 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

I will be looking for a condo to rent in central Pattaya that is cheaper than VT6, and am not really interested in The Base, as the condos are really small.

i looked at serviced apartments, but would like some opinions on some of the places around Second Road.

Which ones ?

On 3/5/2018 at 22:08, Jackie2013 said:

I like the central/soi buahkao area and I just would like to hear some personal reviews of some places, since there are so many to choose from. I'm looking for 20k/month and 1 bed/studio is enough. No need for a gym and pool to be honest. 

VT6 on the beach or D Apartments on Buakhao seem to be the go-to condos for PA contributers, or the most frequently mentioned, but there are plenty of others, as said.

Also depends if you want kitchenette facilities, or just a plain room. As said above LK hotel group do monthly stays for about 22,000bht (whereas it would be 30,000bht paying per-night), but it's just a hotel room, no kitchenette.

It's always a trade off. You can get good quality places which are quiet and better value further out - 3rd road & beyond, but you'd need a motorbike, and I don't want the hassle of a motorbike when I'm on holidays. 

With central pattaya it's going to be harder to get good value condos that don't have tourists coming & going, or don't have a bar noise problem. There's a new condo building towards the southern end of Buakhao (won't name it) which I thought looked nice, so went in to enquire about prices and it was (I think) 9000 bht a month. Amazingly cheap! - then I noticed it's squashed between two bar complexes (Action Street & the other one beside the Tesco Lotus), so would be a total No-no for a quiet stay at night.

There will always be little things that irk about any one condo or apartments, like the air conditioning. Usually can't plan for. 

I reviewed a couple of places I'd stayed at here, and subsequent posters recommended some other places: 

Lots to chose from in Soi 15, very central can walk easy to most places or handy for the baht buses if they are needed,look at The Avenue,The Urban and City Garden,you will defanitely find one at any of these places with your budget.

Lots to chose from in Soi 15, very central can walk easy to most places or handy for the baht buses if they are needed,look at The Avenue,The Urban and City Garden,you will defanitely find one at any of these places with your budget.
All those places you mentioned will need to be booked on Airbnb. 25-30k is a more reasonable budget for those places. You also need to factor in water and electricity though.

19 hours ago, hioctane said:
22 hours ago, not at home said:

All those places you mentioned will need to be booked on Airbnb. 25-30k is a more reasonable budget for those places. You also need to factor in water and electricity though.

You need to get your facts right,I live in one of the Condos and Ideal directly with the Owner as do the people I know ,but you can deal with the front Office as they sublet Condos,,you do not need to Book through Airbnb but you can if you choose,and I (and the people I know here)do not pay the prices you are quoting and with most decent Condos you always have to factor in water and electricity,and I will say again to the OP it’s easy to get a Condo in this area at the budget he was quoting,as there are many Condos available in Pattaya and not enough Farang.

You need to get your facts right,I live in one of the Condos and Ideal directly with the Owner as do the people I know ,but you can deal with the front Office as they sublet Condos,,you do not need to Book through Airbnb but you can if you choose,and I (and the people I know here)do not pay the prices you are quoting and with most decent Condos you always have to factor in water and electricity,and I will say again to the OP it’s easy to get a Condo in this area at the budget he was quoting,as there are many Condos available in Pattaya and not enough Farang.

Yes, but you need to have booked through the owner before. However, you need to find these owners in the first place! Most offices will not do short term rentals of less than 3 months. I tried. If you know of an office that will or how to easily find owners, please suggest!

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my friends have been in City Center Residence on 3rd road. 5 minute walk to Soi Buakhao through Soi Lengkee or Chayapoon. Nice pool and services as it's almost brand new building. Loads of GCs around in Soi Bongkot. Studio on the low season 14000bht/month+water&electricity. Little bit dearer in the high season, but not much. Really a bargain compared to The Base or Soviet block VT6.

Two of my friends have been in City Center Residence on 3rd road. 5 minute walk to Soi Buakhao through Soi Lengkee or Chayapoon. Nice pool and services as it's almost brand new building. Loads of GCs around in Soi Bongkot. Studio on the low season 14000bht/month+water&electricity. Little bit dearer in the high season, but not much. Really a bargain compared to The Base or Soviet block VT6.
At The Base you are really paying for the location.

3 minutes ago, hioctane said:

At The Base you are really paying for the location.

In my mind not so great advantage of location for The Base but that's a personal preference, but I have always fancied Soi Buakhao more than 2nd road or Beach Road. The Base is run like a hotel and City Center Residence is a proper quiet condo. I prefer the latter.

On 9.5.2018 at 18:14, jpmelville said:

I am thinking about renting in City Center Residence, but didn't go to look at it last time i was in Pattaya. Do you know if the entrance is only to Soi Bongkot? I would mostly be walking towards LK Metro, so i'm hoping there's an entrance closer to 3rd road. 

Archived