IGNORED

P Plus - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks for this.

Have considered staying there before but I assumed that the rooms have no or minimalist balcony (deal breaker). Is that correct?

• Like 1

Just now, Gone-east said:

Thanks for this.

Have considered staying there before but I assumed that the rooms have no or minimalist balcony (deal breaker). Is that correct?

Yes mate, there is a minimal balcony, ok for drying swimwear, or standing having a quick fag. No seating.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate, there is a minimal balcony, ok for drying swimwear, or standing having a quick fag. No seating.

Shame because as you wrote, great location and decent pool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gone-east said:

Shame because as you wrote, great location and decent pool. 

Yes mate a numbers of hotels are creating rooms with these tiny balconies...shame.

16 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Did the rooms have walk in shower or shower over the hot tub? 

Walk in shower. Nice modern bathroom, no complaints on that front.

• 1 year later...

I stayed there 1 week in mid august.  Room was small, rated 24 sqm on Agoda, that has got to be the smallest 24 sqm ever.  All the fixing and plumbings worked well, except the water pressure wasn't strong enough to enjoy the large overhead rain shower. It has a regular shower head, so no biggie.  My room was on the 7th floor.

Walls are whitewashed, so they get dirty easily.  When I moved in, I took one of the small towels, and wiped the walls clean.  There was some crud on there.

Dunno about breakfast, never ate there.  Too many other options within a 3 minute walk.

I didn't see or hear any Chinese tour groups at all.  Mind you, my schedule was usually wake up around 11 am - 2 pm.  Go back between midnight and 2 pm.  There were always 3 or 4 big tour buses parked in the parking lot, so I am sure those were there for a reason.  The hotel consists of 3 buildings, I was in building C.  Maybe they put the tour groups in the other 2 buildings.

Balcony was indeed tiny, which doesn't bother me.  I like balcony doors, because they "open up the room".  I don't spend any time on them, inside the room with aircon is a nicer environment.

I absolutely love the location.  Close to everything.

Rooms facing Soi Bukhao/Pook Complex can be a little noisy at night, although usually not too bad.  Except for my last night there, some place cranked the music volume and bass waaaaay up.

The pool area is nice (pity I am not a ppol person), the reception area was huuuuge (to hold those tour groups when they all check in/out at once?).

With some Agoda coupons and Agoda cash, I got my room for 808 baht a night, so no complaints overall.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Now that the tour buses are gone and tourism down, looks like a good option.  King bed version a bit bigger.  Excellent location.  I wont use the pool or balcony but for sure will use the gym.  $17 night on Agoda and got a code for $1 less per night.  Kind of ridiculous pricing but I did look at this place last time I was in town but didnt want to book it only because of the tour bus issue.

• 5 weeks later...

Really good deal on at the moment and I'm thinking of booking a room. I don't care too much that it's small because I really only sleep and fuck there. I don't need anything too flash, just clean and moderate is fine for me.

My main want is the swimming pool area. I love lounging around reading a book and taking a dip. 

So this looks pretty spot on for me. Sunbeam is doing a good deal which is nicer but about $10aus more expensive. I like the location of p plus better because I spend most nights around LK Metro these days.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

7 minutes ago, olic said:

Really good deal on at the moment and I'm thinking of booking a room. I don't care too much that it's small because I really only sleep and fuck there. I don't need anything too flash, just clean and moderate is fine for me.

My main want is the swimming pool area. I love lounging around reading a book and taking a dip. 

So this looks pretty spot on for me. Sunbeam is doing a good deal which is nicer but about $10aus more expensive. I like the location of p plus better because I spend most nights around LK Metro these days.

P plus: It’s in a great location adjacent to Soi excite, near LK Metro and Treetown. It does seem to cater for coach tour guests from Other parts of SE Asia and their coach engines start up early each morning making it annoying if you are on a lower floor.  However, the price for their rooms at certain times this year are a steal. I’ve booked for 2 weeks at Xmas for my final trip of the year and have an amazing price. Also have free cancellation option if plans change. 

I'm there early June so hoping no tour buses. 

I booked Sunbeam awhile ago and is probably a nicer hotel and just noticed that it comes with breakfast so about on par price wise. It's free cancellation and was just checking what else is available.

Just now, olic said:

I'm there early June so hoping no tour buses. 

I booked Sunbeam awhile ago and is probably a nicer hotel and just noticed that it comes with breakfast so about on par price wise. It's free cancellation and was just checking what else is available.

Sunbeam is a better hotel, you are right. It’s more towards the beach and near Soi 7 which is getting a little more busier every week according to people on the ground. I’m over late May but staying near LKMetro at Areca Lodge which is good for everything. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Knightop said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA Is the swimming pool area big enough to swim laps?

I haven’t swum in the pool, so not sure of depth, but length wise it looks big enough. Awesome gym. All that said, thinking about things now, I wouldn’t stay there again not because it’s a bad hotel, but that there are better around.

81BC2F0D-753C-433E-8C00-1A26676CB485.jpeg

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I haven’t swum in the pool, so not sure of depth, but length wise it looks big enough. Awesome gym. All that said, thinking about things now, I wouldn’t stay there again not because it’s a bad hotel, but that there are better around.

81BC2F0D-753C-433E-8C00-1A26676CB485.jpeg

Price ain't bad though. Less than 500 THB per night

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Knightop said:

It’s a great price…for a hotel with an outstanding gym and a half decent pool. The location is also very good. Rooms are small and quite basic…as I say the place really caters for tour groups, but at 500THB it represents outstanding value. Personally I won’t be staying there again, but I would be interested in the feedback of other BMs.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

It’s a great price…for a hotel with an outstanding gym and a half decent pool. The location is also very good. Rooms are small and quite basic…as I say the place really caters for tour groups, but at 500THB it represents outstanding value. Personally I won’t be staying there again, but I would be interested in the feedback of other BMs.

Also excellent beds.  Very comfortable, high quality matress and bedding.

Downside is wifi can be spotty at times.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Knightop said:

I should arrive about 9:30pm to 10:30pm so don't want to stuff around with a condo booking that night.

Booked this place for 1 night to trial it as will just rock up and use it for a shower go have some beers come back fuck n then sleep so couldn't see the point of paying 1000 to 2000 when I won't even really notice the room until the next morning anyway 

About a month ago I spent 3 nights at P-Plus building c? (the one with the gym)

Everything else was fine but I could hear everything what the neighbouring room was doing

and in the mornings the room cleaners and their walkie talkies made alot of noise.

I was at 6th floor and didnt hear street noise or it didn't bother me at all.

Every night I came to hotel after bars had closed,

so not sure how much noise there is when rock factory and Triangle bars bands are still playing.

( My room was on the triangle bar side )

Walked past P Plus hotel last night and  a new bar has opened opposite the main entrance on the site where The new shops and restaurants have been built. The bar had a decent band playing music and was, as is usual in Pattaya, loud. Beers selling at 70 baht. Looks decent bar, but could be noisy for hotel guests after midnight in the future. Being situated where the hotel is, this was bound to happen as Pattaya relaxes its nighttime venue rules. 

On 01/06/2022 at 06:07, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I wonder if @udontonyhas seen your review of the hotel. It's in what I would think a very good location for him, and it's certainly a good price. During normal times I wouldn't consider it since I try not to book hotels with tour bus parking areas. However, now, before the tour buses come back, it might be a good option to consider. 

• Like 2