IGNORED

LK Renaissance Vs Whitehouse Condotel

buck011

For my upcoming trip in 2 weeks i tought to spend couple of days in one of those two hotels,i find the location of both suites me very well,price i found also about the same,1400 baht/night,so in that case which would you recommend?An additional advantage would be less of the "regular" tourists (families,russians) there.

Thanks

Cannot recommend Whitehouse highly enough! Great location & staff, right next door is a top VFM restruant.

On 2018-03-02 at 12:14, buck011 said:

For my upcoming trip in 2 weeks i tought to spend couple of days in one of those two hotels,i find the location of both suites me very well,price i found also about the same,1400 baht/night,so in that case which would you recommend?An additional advantage would be less of the "regular" tourists (families,russians) there.

Thanks

Stayed in Whitehouse Condotel in February and was very satisfied. Had a standard room. I will be back.

15 hours ago, twicestung said:

Cannot recommend Whitehouse highly enough! Great location & staff, right next door is a top VFM restruant.

What is VFM? 

• 1 year later...

How is the "Free Breakfast" at Whitehouse Condotel?  30 m/sq rooms are bigger than most.  Soi 13 location is also interesting.

26 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

How is the "Free Breakfast" at Whitehouse Condotel?  30 m/sq rooms are bigger than most.  Soi 13 location is also interesting.

There are a few, different menus to choose from, like fixed sets. Quite small breakfasts, but ok to get you going.

26 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

The Whitehouse breakfast is fine, cooked to order rather than buffet style and fresh fruits. I prefered the machine coffee to the instant for 50 Baht, If you check in with your LLT girl her breakfast is free also but itinerant LT girls you will be asked to pay for their breakfast.

The manager Jon is a BM and though a Pom is quite a nice bloke, place is safe, well run and clean.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

7 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

The Whitehouse breakfast is fine, cooked to order rather than buffet style and fresh fruits. I prefered the machine coffee to the instant for 50 Baht, If you check in with your LLT girl her breakfast is free also but itinerant LT girls you will be asked to pay for their breakfast.

The manager Jon is a BM and though a Pom is quite a nice bloke, place is safe, well run and clean.

How is Soi 13?  Is it a Rub and Tug massage street or do I have it mixed up?  I don't want to stay in Boys Town, I know that's one of the 13 sections...

5 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

How is Soi 13?  Is it a Rub and Tug massage street or do I have it mixed up?  I don't want to stay in Boys Town, I know that's one of the 13 sections...

Soi 13 has just two massage places and is a very quiet Soi leading from The Avenue Shops on Second Rd to just South of Tahian Queen Agogo on Beach Rd. It has numerous hotels, and a few good bars but is nowhere near Sois 13/3 and 13/4. Great place to base yourself. One of the very few Sois without a 7/11, Family Mart or Pharmacy but all are just round the corners in Second or Beach Roads

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Would LK Renaissance normally be being compared to Whitehouse Condo hotel? 1400 per night seems on the low side LK Renaissance (hasn't it been renamed LK Residence?) is this to reflect the building going on in the area?

7 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Would LK Renaissance normally be being compared to Whitehouse Condo Hotel? 1400 per night seems on the low side LK Renaissance (hasn't it been renamed LK Residence?) is this to reflect the building going on in the area?

I see for my dates that WC is $57 vs $86 CDN (with taxes) for the LK Residence (name has changed, old thread I guess).  There is a difference in price but the LK Residence is for a Deluxe room that's 60 sq/m and has a separate shower, so you are not stuck with their awful sauna tub.

LKR Deluxe room is indeed a gorgeous hotel room.  I stayed there before.91738_14071016430020224134.jpg?s=1024x76

stayed at whitehouse last year, the bed matress is rock hard ,you can fell the bed springs,plus the rooms are dated and need a makeover

I"m sitting in Whitehouse right now. Here for a 2 night stay. It's my 4th time staying here. The location is excellent midway between LK Metro and Walking Street. Very quiet...Very comfortable bed (disagree with electro) with 4 pillows and good air con. Good breakfast included in Agoda price. Only downside is that FOX News is always on in the lobby 5555. At least the volume is turned down, though. 

Good internet. True Visions on the television with huge lineup of all the best English channels (news , sports, etc)

• 4 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel exactly 1 year ago. I can highly recommend it. Room and bathroom are excellent and the personnel is very friendly. The cleaning ladies like to joke around a bit, especially when you leave the room with a girl 555. I like the big mirror above the bed. Location is perfect on Soi 13. The only downside I can think of was the view. There's a parking garage next to it. Not a lot of daylight coming through. I kept the curtains closed at all times.

I will be staying at the LK Residence for a week shortly.  Does anyone know where the breakfast is served?  I believe that someone mentioned LK Metropole?  Thanks.

Correct in so far a breakfast is served in Metropole. However, you will need to pay for that breakfast as it is not included in the room price for LK Residence.

An alternative could by at the Bay Breeze just around the corner in Soi Honey for 150,- Baht.

9 minutes ago, paulvds said:

Correct in so far a breakfast is served in Metropole. However, you will need to pay for that breakfast as it is not included in the room price for LK Residence.

An alternative could by at the Bay Breeze just around the corner in Soi Honey for 150,- Baht.

I missed the no breakfast thing.  Bay Breeze will be the one to try.  Thanks.

Archived