IGNORED

PSC Golf Rates

farcanal

Just went into PSC site to check golf rates for March....seems they've seriously fucked it up.

The old rates charts were dead easy to read/comprehend........the new ones don't appear to have the name of the golf club anywhere.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

1 hour ago, farcanal said:

Just went into PSC site to check golf rates for March....seems they've seriously fucked it up.

The old rates charts were dead easy to read/comprehend........the new ones don't appear to have the name of the golf club anywhere.

Not sure mate I normally just play out the golf club in LK Metro they take care of the rest. Perhaps give the PSC an email and ask what’s going on,as you said it could just be an error.How did the formate look for Feb? If it was normal I would guess it’s an error.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes they've fucked it up. Even last month it was fucked. You can't see the course name. I tried to download the rates and that didn't respond. Problem with PSC is the people that run it are very lethargic, you'd think they'd check it and get it sorted. The thai girls are usually pretty quick at responding to emails if you want them to send you the prices

e8481118746657a1db219944bed55563.jpg

PSC has completely fucked up there Golf info and want you to mainly Call for accurate Rates...The Old System worked well but the last Print of the old system was December which I use for quick reference...I wish someone with a Brain go back to the old system which included Sports days and other good info...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

5 hours ago, Joethescot said:

Not sure mate I normally just play out the golf club in LK Metro they take care of the rest. Perhaps give the PSC an email and ask what’s going on,as you said it could just be an error.How did the formate look for Feb? If it was normal I would guess it’s an error.

Yep, sent off an email this morning, they have sent me the March rates as they used to be in the past.

I guess that's how we will have to get them in future

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes they've fucked it up. Even last month it was fucked. You can't see the course name. I tried to download the rates and that didn't respond. Problem with PSC is the people that run it are very lethargic, you'd think they'd check it and get it sorted. The thai girls are usually pretty quick at responding to emails if you want them to send you the prices

e8481118746657a1db219944bed55563.jpg

See my reply above...all sorted.

For anybody who wants them the "Download Rates PDF" button now seems to be working - which it wasn't last week.

They have added some other outlying courses including some in Khao Yai and Windsor Bangkok - anybody know and can comment on this course?

Also I notice Plutaluang (Navy) rate has dropped to 400 - unless they got that wrong as well..........?

For anybody who wants them the "Download Rates PDF" button now seems to be working - which it wasn't last week.
They have added some other outlying courses including some in Khao Yai and Windsor Bangkok - anybody know and can comment on this course?
Also I notice Plutaluang (Navy) rate has dropped to 400 - unless they got that wrong as well..........?
I'd say the 400 is accurate, now low season so not surprising its dropped.i see caddy fee is 280. Some of those courses still way too high. The best value by far is Pattavia at 600

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, Kanga said:

I'd say the 400 is accurate, now low season so not surprising its dropped.i see caddy fee is 280. Some of those courses still way too high. The best value by far is Pattavia at 600

Good spot - hadn't noticed it went up 30 baht........still 70 baht behind most of the rest of them however (I remember your comments about having to have a caddie :).....)

Treasure Hill to walk is also 600 and has been for the last 2 months although it does not say that on the sheet.

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
23 hours ago, Kanga said:

Might be low season for Navy but still plenty of high prices, even for PSC members.

Burapha 2000

Phoenix 1900

RGV 2070

St Andrews 2520....interesting, their "3rd" course Silky Oak is only 800.

Scuba, we've never played Pattavia...is it worth a shot?

Cheers

Might be low season for Navy but still plenty of high prices, even for PSC members.
Burapha 2000
Phoenix 1900
RGV 2070
Cheers
Yes definitely play Pattavia, its my second favourite course behind Koh Kheow, it has a feel good factor to it plus often has younger prettier caddies, a welcome distraction if you aren't playing well. Greens can be difficult due to slope and speed but fair. And its only 600 total bargain

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, farcanal said:
Burapha 2000
Phoenix 1900
RGV 2070
Cheers

Yes definitely play Pattavia, its my second favourite course behind Koh Kheow, it has a feel good factor to it plus often has younger prettier caddies, a welcome distraction if you aren't playing well. Greens can be difficult due to slope and speed but fair. And its only 600 total bargain

Thanks for that.....I'll try and book for a couple of weeks time....K.K. is up there with my favourites also.

Pattavia is a great lay out, but last week some greens were unplayable due to pin positions and the speed of the greens. Putting for par from 8 feet above the hole with an estimated 2 foot break and finishing 25 feet away if you miss isn't the best way of appeasing a golfer's temper.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

Pattavia is a great lay out, but last week some greens were unplayable due to pin positions and the speed of the greens. Putting for par from 8 feet above the hole with an estimated 2 foot break and finishing 25 feet away if you miss isn't the best way of appeasing a golfer's temper.
Depends on handicap, higher handicaps often say it's unplayable, i think its fine if you try to leave the ball below the hole. A fair course, just get the brain in gear

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think its fine if you try to leave the ball below the hole.

But if you do not succeed then on many holes you can have trouble as @irishstu007 mentions.

I would say that over the last 18 months or so Pattavia has always been consistently in good condition and they had slowed the greens down a little. Last couple of weeks they seem to have picked up a bit more speed again. Great course for the price.

Oh and Greenwood green fee is now 700 baht (not 900 as on PSC sheet). They also have a big sign up on the back way into the course saying sport day on Monday 600 baht and some package offers.

On 3/7/2018 at 00:10, Kanga said:

Oh and Greenwood green fee is now 700 baht (not 900 as on PSC sheet). They also have a big sign up on the back way into the course saying sport day on Monday 600 baht and some package offers.

I have always thought that Greenwood was awesome value for money, great design, a very under rated course.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2018 at 10:35, Kanga said:

Windsor park is a little gem, about 1 1/2 hour drive. Go past bangpakong riverside and carry on same road another half hour. Has 36 holes, main course hosts pre qualifiers for the asian tour card. Packed high season but well worth the trip low season, about 900 bht green fee on sport days.

Archived