IGNORED

Problems migrating to a new Android Phone

ChiFlyer

Looking for some suggestions here.

First of all I am an Apple guy and have never owned an Android phone.

Secondly, this is my understanding of things after a prolonged Thaiglish conversation with my GF.

I recently bought her a new Samsung J as her old Samsung earlier-J was starting to fall apart. I thought she would just switch in the old sim, but she wanted a new sim. Her thinking was to migrate over selective data and apps to a new phone number.

Her business (not a sex industry worker not that anyone cares) has kept her pretty busy, so the migration was going slowly. The earlier prognosis of the old phone being about ready to die has proven to be correct. She has forgotten the password for the old sim. My understanding is that droids, unlike ios phones, only require the password for major events, so putting the old sim in a new phone just to cherry pick data is not possible.

I am probably going to take her to tuk com tomorrow to see if they can help.

Any ideas?

Her Google account will hold everything, app data, contacts, etc...

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Archived