Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Change of direction.

3-Som Guesthouse and Bar

Now that Ive caught up with all the threads related to this episode, I will concur with everyone else here. The only reason this "bar" became known amongst the board members here is because of Jason's efforts. He pimped (no pun) this bar daily on PA whilst he was working there and it appears actually gave the bar some life.

Personally, the bar does nothing for me, and the only reason I would have gone would have been because of the other members hanging there and because of Jason. Im sure there are 3 sides to the episode, but what you "owners" need to remember, is that a bar in any city, let alone Pattaya, will thrive on its reputation. The reputation you guys have had since Jason's involvement with the bar has increased on many levels, your "change of direction" will need to be very well thought out, very well executed and quite frankly, will need to be something fairly kick ass to keep the appeal of the bar amongst the boardies here.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Now that Ive caught up with all the threads related to this episode, I will concur with everyone else here. The only reason this "bar" became known amongst the board members here is because of Jason's efforts. He pimped (no pun) this bar daily on PA whilst he was working there and it appears actually gave the bar some life.

Personally, the bar does nothing for me, and the only reason I would have gone would have been because of the other members hanging there and because of Jason. Im sure there are 3 sides to the episode, but what you "owners" need to remember, is that a bar in any city, let alone Pattaya, will thrive on its reputation. The reputation you guys have had since Jason's involvement with the bar has increased on many levels, your "change of direction" will need to be very well thought out, very well executed and quite frankly, will need to be something fairly kick ass to keep the appeal of the bar amongst the boardies here.

You are just saying that because you are addicted to Simon Beer Bar Complex!!!!!!! LOL.... :GoldenSmile1:

Best of luck to 3som bar and guesthouse. Hope you guys endeavors do you well.

Speak for yourself

I'll still go/stay there :GoldenSmile1:

Umm I was speaking for myself, but it is a clear fact that the bars profile only increased with Ackas efforts.

As for you BJS - after your bar fines display "that night", my reputation at that complex has forever been scorned my brother.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Umm I was speaking for myself, but it is a clear fact that the bars profile only increased with Ackas efforts.

As for you BJS - after your bar fines display "that night", my reputation at that complex has forever been scorned my brother.

Ok it's profile did but it's profits clearly didn't

lol

I really don't understand why people are so emotional over this story. Why have BMs assumed the worst? People get fired or quit their jobs all the time and for good reason.

The manner in which BMs have dramatically responded will hurt Ackademic1 in the long run. What business owner in their right mind will hire him now, knowing that they can never fire him? If they do, a shit load of keyboard warriors, not even knowing the facts, will scream for a boycott of the business.

Most of you don't know me so take this for what it's worth. I have a decent amount of experience in Pattaya.

I've been staying at the 3-Som Guesthouse since October 22nd. I had decided to leave on December 22nd because of the situation here, but I had given my "word" to Jason that I would stay until January 22nd. As you know he values his "word" highly. Unfortunately when your word changes to fit the situation it makes your word rather worthless. (Yep, I know deciding to leave early is like the pot calling the kettle black.) After recent events I'm staying on until at least Jan. 22nd.

Unfortunately I've been privy to and involved some events that made me want to leave. I have not and will not reveal any information about what went on here. Although maybe some of you should ask Jason to stop playing the martyr and feeling sorry for himself long enough to get him to go to detox, if you're his real friends.

All the speculating you guys are doing is so far from the reality that if it wasn't a bare faced attempt to hurt the owners (who are Femme Fatale's parents, BTW), it would be laughable. The owners are not prudes, idiots, assholes or any other derogatory thing you might like to think. They had a business plan and they want to get back to it. All this talk about Addicts members support is a joke. A few guys come by for a beer or two and then go elsewhere. Isn't that what you do in Pattaya? Yes it was helpful, but it's wasn't and won't make or break the place. Maybe their plan doesn't suit you. Does every bar in Pattaya cater to your every wish? I know every bar doesn't cater to my every Desire. I go where I like to go.

Being "friends" with someone and them running your business while you are working in Kuwait is an entirely different scenario. Being a monger and managing a business are polar opposites. After looking at the books and the service situation here the owners decided to make a change. They were planning on waiting until after the X-mas/engagement party to tell him, but events here forced their hand. I know they were going to give him a severance package, but things may have changed after the events forced their hand.

I like Mary and Todd, just as I liked Jason, at first. They're are honest hard-working people.

Feel free to slam me, ban me, call me names, mai pen lai. I've talked to Sinkorswim, Bigjimslay, Noodles and have met a number of BMs and they can explain the service issue to you as well as I. They can also, if they wish, share other information but knowing them doubt they will. Just as I will not unless pushed to do so.

Just as the owners don't want to get into a pissing match, neither do I. But I have no interest in any business in this town and Jason decided to call me names after I supported him at the Guesthouse and the bar, so I have my ducks in a row if the shit starts. I helped save his life and the ungrateful SOB never even said thank you.

I've read the posts on that "other" board and I can tell you that the owners here don't post there. Although there have been some interesting theories put forth. Jason needs your support, yes, but bashing the owners here is not the support he needs.

Jason, when you read this please take a moment and think about things. You're not helping your self by blaming everyone else. You need to go home for a while and get your self together. I saw the good guy these BM's are talking about, but he went away. You can't see it, but others can and have. If you want to flame me, go ahead. Just remember, you think I'm a numb nuts, but you have no idea who I really am. I hope to see the Jason that all these guys are supporting come back some day. Please do something before it's too late.

Good luck man,

Dan

probe

Probe,

I would like to commend you on an excellent and honest post. I am also privy to some of the things that went on but the owners do not want it broadcast.

Although maybe some of you should ask Jason to stop playing the martyr and feeling sorry for himself long enough to get him to go to detox, if you're his real friends.

I agree and am aware of exactly what you did for him, as are others on this board. It has been sad to see the amount of people willing to condemn the owners of the bar without a shred of evidence against them. I would have done exactly what they did!

Most of you don't know me so take this for what it's worth. I have a decent amount of experience in Pattaya.

I've been staying at the 3-Som Guesthouse since October 22nd. I had decided to leave on December 22nd because of the situation here, but I had given my "word" to Jason that I would stay until January 22nd. As you know he values his "word" highly. Unfortunately when your word changes to fit the situation it makes your word rather worthless. (Yep, I know deciding to leave early is like the pot calling the kettle black.) After recent events I'm staying on until at least Jan. 22nd.

Unfortunately I've been privy to and involved some events that made me want to leave. I have not and will not reveal any information about what went on here. Although maybe some of you should ask Jason to stop playing the martyr and feeling sorry for himself long enough to get him to go to detox, if you're his real friends.

All the speculating you guys are doing is so far from the reality that if it wasn't a bare faced attempt to hurt the owners (who are Femme Fatale's parents, BTW), it would be laughable. The owners are not prudes, idiots, assholes or any other derogatory thing you might like to think. They had a business plan and they want to get back to it. All this talk about Addicts members support is a joke. A few guys come by for a beer or two and then go elsewhere. Isn't that what you do in Pattaya? Yes it was helpful, but it's wasn't and won't make or break the place. Maybe their plan doesn't suit you. Does every bar in Pattaya cater to your every wish? I know every bar doesn't cater to my every desire. I go where I like to go.

Being "friends" with someone and them running your business while you are working in Kuwait is an entirely different scenario. Being a monger and managing a business are polar opposites. After looking at the books and the service situation here the owners decided to make a change. They were planning on waiting until after the X-mas/engagement party to tell him, but events here forced their hand. I know they were going to give him a severance package, but things may have changed after the events forced their hand.

I like Mary and Todd, just as I liked Jason, at first. They're are honest hard-working people.

Feel free to slam me, ban me, call me names, mai pen lai. I've talked to Sinkorswim, Bigjimslay, Noodles and have met a number of BMs and they can explain the service issue to you as well as I. They can also, if they wish, share other information but knowing them doubt they will. Just as I will not unless pushed to do so.

Just as the owners don't want to get into a pissing match, neither do I. But I have no interest in any business in this town and Jason decided to call me names after I supported him at the Guesthouse and the bar, so I have my ducks in a row if the shit starts. I helped save his life and the ungrateful SOB never even said thank you.

I've read the posts on that "other" board and I can tell you that the owners here don't post there. Although there have been some interesting theories put forth. Jason needs your support, yes, but bashing the owners here is not the support he needs.

Jason, when you read this please take a moment and think about things. You're not helping your self by blaming everyone else. You need to go home for a while and get your self together. I saw the good guy these BM's are talking about, but he went away. You can't see it, but others can and have. If you want to flame me, go ahead. Just remember, you think I'm a numb nuts, but you have no idea who I really am. I hope to see the Jason that all these guys are supporting come back some day. Please do something before it's too late.

Good luck man,

Dan

Thanks for the post Dan. I'm sure you had to put up with some real shit during that time. :Whistle:

All the speculating you guys are doing is so far from the reality that if it wasn't a bare faced attempt to hurt the owners (who are Femme Fatale's parents, BTW), it would be laughable. The owners are not prudes, idiots, assholes or any other derogatory thing you might like to think. They had a business plan and they want to get back to it. All this talk about Addicts members support is a joke. A few guys come by for a beer or two and then go elsewhere. Isn't that what you do in Pattaya? Yes it was helpful, but it's wasn't and won't make or break the place. Maybe their plan doesn't suit you. Does every bar in Pattaya cater to your every wish? I know every bar doesn't cater to my every desire. I go where I like to go.

Good luck man,

Dan

Very interesting post probe.

Thanks for taking the time out to write it!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

I helped doing them Danny... I expect a thank you as well :Whistle:

as did i? :Dance1:

ps regarding the op, good luck with your change of direction! there is 2 side to the story so no point with everyone jumping to conclusion :Chokdee:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Good luck man,

Dan

Thanks for the first piece of substance regarding this matter on addicts... was about time that we hear insides on this board as well!

large sig = small penis

Good luck man,

Dan

i hope everybody reads this post. Ack is a pretty popular guy on this board, but there are always two sides to every story. there is a lot more information about this affair on another board. so before people start to slag off this particular bar i suggest you do a little more research!

thanks probe...bout time we got some balance to this story!

I think this has run its course too, I am surprised it isn't closed. the owners already said they won't be discussing it on an open board.

I do think that is has reached the time to close this thread. it might be re-opened should any of the directly involved parties request so.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Archived