IGNORED

Cancelled my Booking.

noshow

I booked a room in a hotel in Bangkok for one night about a week ago, after five days I was sent an email telling me it has been cancelled. Did not give a reason.

They have already taken the money from my bank and not returned it, I have now booked another hotel.

This being Thailand, will I have to accept it? What should I do? Should I go to the hotel and ask for it back?

What would you do?

Claim it back from your bank.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

37 minutes ago, davidge said:

Claim it back from your bank.

I did not think I could do that, but thanks, I will try.

4 minutes ago, Scribes said:

Very unusual....   defs needs some follow up...

I can assure you that it is true, I have printed out the email. If I can be sure I won't get in to any trouble, you know defamation, I will name the hotel.

You should drop an email to whoever you booked this room with and ask about your refund. Sometimes it just takes a while for the refund to come through

If they don't reply, then definitely call up your bank and dispute the charge

which hotel

Call them up and speak to reception. Refund can take a while to come through needing to be OK'd by finance. If no joy elevate it to the manager. 

Did you book direct or through an 3rd party like booking.com ? 

2 hours ago, Scribes said:

Can't see any problem with naming the hotel?

2 hours ago, Hamchang said:

which hotel? 

Call them up and speak to reception. Refund can take a while to come through needing to be OK'd by finance. If no joy elevate it to the manager. 

Did you book direct or through an 3rd party like booking.com

Yes I did, but the email said from the hotel. I will be in Bangkok tomorrow (Sunday) stay overnight then ride down to Pattaya on Monday.

Will drop in and tell them to refund my money.

If is was through a booking firm though, that firm has your money, not the hotel. The hotel will only invoivce and get the money from the booking firm one a month, often a couple of months in arrears. Sounds like the website has booked you and taken the money. Then told the hotel. hotel can not fit you in so told you. 

Which booking website did you use? 

Archived