Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New battery for iPhone 6

Khunmike

Hi guys,

need replacement battery for my iPhone 6.. here in Holland they ask me 150€ wich is crazy i think...how much and where in Pattaya can i have this done..? I now Tukcom but want it done properly..

will be in Pattaya in 4 weeks..

thanks for any info

Mike 

Mai pen rai...

In the U.K. Apple are offering a replacement battery service for £25. ( linked to their batterygate problem, but applies to all IPhone 6 I believe). Maybe worth checking the price in Apple Stores In Holland. I think it's better to get Apple to do it rather than at Tukcom unless you have a solid recommendation on a very good repair centre. I had a screen replaced a few years back in Tukcom and it failed after a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
need replacement battery for my iPhone 6.. here in Holland they ask me 150€ wich is crazy i think...how much and where in Pattaya can i have this done..? I now Tukcom but want it done properly..
will be in Pattaya in 4 weeks..
thanks for any info
Mike 
I got one done in central marina about 3 month ago cost 1200 b took about 30 mins from one of the stalls upstairs working fine still

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

pattaya2u shop near tukom parking garage said 1 or 2k thb, i forget
I trust their service team to do it right and use quality batteries that will last.

Many others will agree with me about the service there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Apple are running a reduced cost battery replacement at the moment. Just arranged  mine, for iPhone 6, for £25 instead of the usual £79. Maybe there’s a similar reduction in the Netherlands?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks everybody for the help...i will ask the Apple store here in Holland but they are very expensive.. i know Apple has a price reduction, but they also has to put it in the phone..

I will also check out the Marina ( never been there..) good tip!

Pattaya2u shop always can try it ...thanks for the tip Doug !

will let u know how everything wend..

Thanks

Mike

Mai pen rai...

18 minutes ago, Khunmike said:

i know Apple has a price reduction, but they also has to put it in the phone..

The £25 is the total cost for them to supply and fit the battery. The only downside is I have to wait 2-5 weeks for an appointment at the store. It was arranged through Apple Support via web chat. I described problems with the phone and they suggested the replacement.

I'm not far from Amsterdam - from what I understand, Apple should be honouring the lower prices for batteries. Also, it should be going on through to the end of this year, so if you're going to keep the 6 for a while longer and can wait, you might want to. 

Edit: Just checked at this Apple link - €29 until the end of this year. 

I would recommend getting a genuine apple battery, I had my iPhone 6 battery replaced with a copy here in UK. It didn’t last as long as a genuine one

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Hi guys.. small update..

been in contact with the official Apple helpdesk and they have indeed a special action for the battery's after all the commotion in the media...they can replace my battery for 29€ including the fitting of it..!! Only thing is that this can be don only in a official superstore (3) and they all are around 150 km from me..so 300 km back and forward..

But with the help from the Apple helpdesk they give me some addresses around my area and i can replace the battery there for 50€ all include it...so i am gonna do that..original parts and warranty..

Thanks everybody for helping with advices on this, much appreciated!!

Mike 

Mai pen rai...

On 2/19/2018 at 12:44, neo1011 said:

I would recommend getting a genuine apple battery, I had my iPhone 6 battery replaced with a copy here in UK. It didn’t last as long as a genuine one

Had mine for my iphone 5 replaced at tukcom with a copy, that was 7 months ago, hopefully last until i upgrade in november, thing is in hindsight i dont even think it needed replacing!

4 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Had mine for my iphone 5 replaced at tukcom with a copy, that was 7 months ago, hopefully last until i upgrade in november, thing is in hindsight i dont even think it needed replacing!

Should be fine, mine lasted for about 10 months then went down hill rapidly. I had the phone for nearly 3 years on the original battery. But if your getting rid of it when you upgrade it doesn’t really matter

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d update.

I went to the Apple store in Cardiff today for them to fit the replacement battery for £25.

When I returned to pick up the phone 90 minutes later they said the ‘unit failed’ during the job so I got a new phone, like for like replacement, for the cost of the battery.

Maybe Apple aren’t all bad after all!

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

Just thought I’d update.

I went to the Apple store in Cardiff today for them to fit the replacement battery for £25.

When I returned to pick up the phone 90 minutes later they said the ‘unit failed’ during the job so I got a new phone, like for like replacement, for the cost of the battery.

Maybe Apple aren’t all bad after all!

Hi Davidge

I'm currently based in the UK, my iphone 6 needs a new battery

Do I start the process online or do I have to go to an Apple store?

Regards

16 minutes ago, paullewis said:

Hi Davidge

Regards

I went on the Apple online support chat.

I explained the problems I’d been having with the phone - kept ‘freezing’ so I couldn’t do anything and had to do repeated hard resets, also occasionally restarted for no reason and was very slow at times.

Person on chat support recommended I replace battery and confirmed they’re doing it for £25 at the moment.

He asked me which store was most convenient then booked the job for me. He said it would take 2-5 weeks for appointment. That was the 15th February. On Sunday I got an email from the Cardiff store saying the battery was there. I had 7 days to go to store - no fixed appointment. 

I went today and they said it could take up to 2 hours, though I got the replacement in 90 minutes.

Hi Davidge

Regards

You can use the Apple Store App to schedule an appointment.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

I went on the Apple online support chat.

I explained the problems I’d been having with the phone - kept ‘freezing’ so I couldn’t do anything and had to do repeated hard resets, also occasionally restarted for no reason and was very slow at times.

Person on chat support recommended I replace battery and confirmed they’re doing it for £25 at the moment.

He asked me which store was most convenient then booked the job for me. He said it would take 2-5 weeks for appointment. That was the 15th February. On Sunday I got an email from the Cardiff store saying the battery was there. I had 7 days to go to store - no fixed appointment. 

I went today and they said it could take up to 2 hours, though I got the replacement in 90 minutes.

Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply buddy

4 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

You can use the Apple Store App to schedule an appointment.

Thank you

Registered phone details today on Apple Support

As soon as I had entered my phone number Apple were calling me, absolutely rapid response

Battery replacement at £25 booked at the Liverpool store for 2-5 weeks time

Happy days

Thanks Davidge and DaffyDuck

Archived