Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

lincsfun

I'm planning on using Line whilst in Pattaya to message the girlies however now and then I will be using Line to phone home so I need to know if I'm ringing home and a load of messages or other phone calls start coming through from the girlies will the person in UK here all the messages and phonecalls coming through.Is there a way to silence any unwanted incoming messages/calls

Cheers for any help/suggestions

Buddy Edgewood

I guess you're expecting a lot of calls from girls or you're going to be making a lot of calls back home.  I don't know the time difference, but how about maybe make your calls to home early morning - when the Thai girlies are asleep and back home they're awake?  Besides, I think most bargirls only text over Line and as far as I know, if you're on a video/voice call at the time you receive the text, the person you're talking to won't know.

MF-AJ

Just download the app and figure it out. Its an app. Probably not the first one you've used. Pretty self explanatory. It works the same as your phone. Im seriously not trying to come off like an asshole, i have to explain shit like this to my dad all the time, fuck with it for a couple minutes and you will figure it out. Unless you are half a retard. Your calling on a smartphone is an app too. There are setting to adjust and everything. Same same right? 

lincsfun

Sound pretty much like an arsehole to me but thanks for your reply 

localguy

Hey, lincsfun - those are legitimate questions to me. Yes, be careful, depending on to what extent you need to hide your activities in Thailand from the folks back home. I don't mix apps at all - I use Line for Thai "friends" and Whatsapp for home.

This great thread might have some worthwhile information:

lincsfun

That's what i would rather do,but the Mrs she prefers to use Line too.might try and get her to switch to Whatsapp.

Tripp
4 hours ago, lincsfun said:

That's what i would rather do,but the Mrs she prefers to use Line too.might try and get her to switch to Whatsapp.

get a cheap Thai phone/sim/number and have an additional  LINE account on that number .  Thats what I do.  Separation is the key to security.

js89
11 hours ago, lincsfun said:

I'm planning on using Line whilst in Pattaya to message the girlies however now and then I will be using Line to phone home so I need to know if I'm ringing home and a load of messages or other phone calls start coming through from the girlies will the person in UK here all the messages and phonecalls coming through.Is there a way to silence any unwanted incoming messages/calls

If you're busy on a call with Line and another call comes in, the caller will get an engaged/busy tone.

If you're busy on a call with Line and someone sends you a message on Line, you won't get an audible notification.

You can also mute all notifications or only selected notifications, so you get neither an audible tone nor a notification in the status bar

You can turn off all sound on notifications so you get the notification in the status bar, but no sound

Edited by js89

barronglass

maybe use 2 apps, a different one for back home?  viber, whatsapp, wechat. telegram.

typhoon42

Is there a way to send a message to all of your line contacts at once.  I’ve searched the app but can’t find out how or if it’s even possible.

thanks 

deano4598
26 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

Is there a way to send a message to all of your line contacts at once.  I’ve searched the app but can’t find out how or if it’s even possible.

thanks 

Invite them all into one group, problem then is they can all see each other, could be problematic.

lincsfun

Thanks lads great help

Notherenow
On 14/02/2018 at 21:37, lincsfun said:

Not confident you really got your question answered.

The easiest way is to go to Settings ---> Notifications tap Mute and will give you the option to mute for either 1 or 8 hours.

Sorry its a bit late but hope it helps.

Notherenow
On 15/02/2018 at 01:40, MF-AJ said:

Just download the app and figure it out. Its an app. Probably not the first one you've used. Pretty self explanatory. It works the same as your phone. Im seriously not trying to come off like an asshole, i have to explain shit like this to my dad all the time, fuck with it for a couple minutes and you will figure it out. Unless you are half a retard. Your calling on a smartphone is an app too. There are setting to adjust and everything. Same same right? 

Bit harsh imo, but in essence I agree. Though the same could be said for a car service i guess but I always pay to have it done. No real interest in cars. But my mate who could strip down an engine and rebuild it from the ground up barely knows how the volume rocker works!

Many do not have the inclination to mess about with apps. I would be surprised if more than 20% of people even access settings in any app.