ironmanoz

Angeles City - New Smoking Laws

ironmanoz

Thinking of a side trip to Angeles City next month. Since the introduction of the smoking ban in public, how's business? Think it would hurt business as a lot of the visitor are chain mocking Koreans. Heard that they are even banning people from smoking just walking down the street?? Any one been recently to confirm. I fully understand in bars and restaurants but in the street??

gmoule

Most bars are now smoke free,more people smoking in the street as cant in bars

crowbar_s

A little bit late to your question. I was there July last year when smoking was still allowed in bars and many of the smokers were worried about how things would turn out. Went back again in March this year (and will be there in June this year) - no smoking in bars. I haven't even seen small areas sectioned off (inside) for smokers. I haven't heard too many complaints from the smokers about having to go outside but then in March it wasn't raining. I stay at the Orchid Inn and they have set aside a small area where the stage is. Technically it is in the resort but it is an open air area. Have not seen or heard anyone being fined for smoking in Walking Street.

barhoppingbutterfly

I've gone twice since you posted. When the smoking ban first went into effect (last year), the girls were pretty adamant I didn't smoke on the street - lots made comments. This year, nothing. A couple of the bars have indoor smoking areas, others allow you to smoke but in areas leading to girls changing rooms. I'd say less than a 1/5 have one of the two setups and there's only 3 that build indoor areas (Voodoo, old Genesis, and the last one escapes me). Most allow vaping.

Have never met someone who has been fined, or knows of someone who was fined first hand.

Edited by barhoppingbutterfly

blerkman

Not in Angeles but I know a local who got fined in Manila.
So it does happen and as foreigners we are more likely to be fined...

timd

Was there last March and hated the smoke but loved the girls :)    Went again in November   no smoking and was great.    bars were just as busy   girls were just as hot.   

NorCalKid

Was in AC, Subic and currently in Davao.   Haven't seen one person smoking in a bar,  haven't had one person light up next to me when I am eating.   It's been great! 

petermik

Pity it isn,t implemented here in LOS....:Agree1:

9 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

Was in AC, Subic and currently in Davao.   Haven't seen one person smoking in a bar,  haven't had one person light up next to me when I am eating.   It's been great! 

Butterflyman
On 29/10/2018 at 08:54, NorCalKid said:

Great news, like peter hope it comes to Pattaya. I,m hoping that the current smoking ban will be enforced when the smoking ban in doorways is introduced in a few months time! 

miketed

Thats no good. I could not be in these spots without smoking.