Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bang Saray

ChiFlyer

On 13/02/2018 at 09:41, DaffyDuck said:

Why get bored? It's only 10 minutes away from Pattaya, and there's plenty around.

10 minutes,  more like 30 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic , but it's a nice place to live.  I live not too far away from bang Saray and it has a good expat community, great shopping and all the amenities you need.  Great sea food.  

On 13/02/2018 at 21:51, ChiFlyer said:

thanks to those you took the time to weigh in. there are some good points here and also a few I disagree with. just to babble a little about what I am thinking at this point.

• Although I am 68, I am in pretty good health and shape. I work out everyday and stay active. My health metrics for my age are pretty good. Increasingly, I am diet conscious. I really do not see myself slowing it down for the next 7 years. That could certainly all go to shit tomorrow, but that would be true if I was 28 as well. I have noticed that my contemporaries who keep living their lives do well. I plan to do the same. 
  • I figured for Bang Saray I would need to buy a car. I have a motor bike now. Not a problem for me. People in my family tend to stay alert and functional into their 80s.
  • Yes, I have a Thai GF. Yes, I trust her well enough to construct a Thai company for the purpose of buying a house. I hear the trick is to make sure I am the only one with voting rights. Still this is a big step and the idea of renting for 6 months at first makes a lot of sense.
  • Like I said this is probably a one year plan with a sequence of small steps.

later,

CF

that all sounds very positive. I bought a house here and I'm  glad that I did.   There is nothing like knowing you are in your own place and can put down real roots. However, the advice to rent first is sensible I wouidl say.  PM me if you want more detailed information on how it works for someone of our vintage.  

I understand strictly speaking Del Mare is Na Jomtien. Apparently, because the building regulations in Bang Saray didn't allow for such high rise, someone (!) managed to get the district bounderies changed, so Del Mare fall just within the NaJomtien borders now....

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:27, Tripp said:

// bang Saray and it has a good Expat community, great shopping and all the amenities you need //

Great shopping? You mean something like a Big C, a Tesco Lotus, a Friendship ?

All amenities? Like hospitals ? public library ? movies theatre ? many sport clubs ? ...

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM   :unsure:

32 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Great shopping? You mean something like a Big C, a Tesco Lotus, a Friendship ?

All amenities? Like hospitals ? public library ? movies theatre ? many sport clubs ? ...

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM   :unsure:

It has some excellent local shops. Not all of us need or want big supermarkets.  Yes, it has sports clubs. It has a well stocked and large clinic and the Navy Hospital is 5km away.  Public library?? Not much call for that in these parts.

Seems to me that you need a 'City' not a 'town' to live in.  Fair enoughh, but cities are not the be all and end all for a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM

Some of us like quiet places that shut early.

On 13/02/2018 at 11:20, usexpat46 said:

I live in Pattaya and don't notice the noise where I live.  Also Pratamnak and Wongamat are quiet areas. Bang Saray is nice but I think you would also need to purchase a car.

I met a English couple who were staying at the same guest house as myself, they lived in bang saray and would pop over to Jomtien for a few days every now and then,they said they had a great house(rented) and they got a lot for what they paid more than they could get around Pattaya itself.I got the impression that not a lot was happening in bang saray.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just returned home after 3 months in Jomtien. I understand exactly what the OP is saying re the noise as I stayed in the same building as him, though we never met.

East Pattaya or Na Jomtien / Bang Saray are on my list of places to stay in the next few visits. I don't drink and I do drive so the transport part is no problem for me.

I've also pondered the buying part but as I prefer a house for the longer terms I think I'll be happy to rent and not have any potential hassle.

• 1 year later...

Hi. This thread already a bit old,

but the best candidate IMHO to post this video I just found on YouTube :

Nicely done.

You will recognize many of the places I posted in this photo report in June.

A nice quiet area; I like it; but just maybe too quiet for me to live here...

On 14/02/2018 at 07:21, 60minuteman said:

Renting is the smart move, it's cheap and you can move quickly and simply at will.

Problem i see with renting is that  if the Baht continue for 1 decade on the road it took this year, it won't be long before the rent start to take a big toll on a budget.

If you buy,  at least you are safe on the currency side.

Problem i see with renting is that  if the Baht continue for 1 decade on the road it took this year, it won't be long before the rent start to take a big toll on a budget.
If you buy,  at least you are safe on the currency side.

but if you buy you lock in the current bad exchange rate

On 14/02/2018 at 02:48, Frenchguy99 said:

Reall Bang Saray to Pattaya by motorbike is only 10 min ?

No. About 20 to Jomtien. Maybe more, so a *lot* more to inner Pattaya. And not a trip I would recommend by motorcycle even to Jomtien except maybe for the young, and very experienced, competent motorcyclists.

Nor would I recommend living in Bang Sare without owning a car if you would like to go into Pattaya or even Jomtien regularly. However, there's new Big C/mall and also a Makro about to open in Sattahip, which is only a few minutes south and on a convenient baht bus  route.

On 22/02/2018 at 03:49, Encora said:

Hands up all BM who use the public Library anywhere in Thailand.......

Believe it or not, but personally I would not mind going to and using  a public library IF I was living in Pattaya permanently. I am not that big a drinker and if living there fulltime I think other distractions from the bars , massages ,girls etc would be good .

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some 7yrs ago I spent a lot of time looking at potential places to live, including Bang Saray and the coast, also  Hua Hin. I opted to buy a house in a  good gated estate on the Darkside. i have the benefits of Pattaya but at my convenience. I find it to be a good comprise though there is at present quite a lot of residential development underway. 

Archived