IGNORED

Aquapazza

ChiFlyer

Based on some complimentary posts I decided to give Aquapazza a try. I was glad I did. It is located on Thappraya just South of Phratamnak. It is an Italian place. I normally go to Gian's for Italian, but am glad I found Aquapazza as an alternative. IMO - it is more Mediteranian fare than Gian's and focuses more on seafood. I ordered the spaghetti with clams and it was quite good. If you are adverse to garlic, you may want to try something else.

500 baht with a glass of wine, which was not bad for a house wine.

Looking to get back to try the rigatoni with calabrese sausage.

Aquapazza.JPG

Good choice to go there.

Very nice menu, but always ask if there is something on offer (i.e. not on the menu).

Also ask for special wines. Giovanni has a nice small wine cellar (below the restaurant floor) with excellent wines.

It is high on my list of favorite restaurants..

• 1 year later...

Just so people know, Aquapazza has Eatigo discounts available.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just so people know, Aquapazza has Eatigo discounts available.

As a quick update, something seems to be wrong with the Eatigo phone app. I could not complete a reservation. I switched over to the laptop version and no problems. I sent them a note about this.

• 6 months later...

Aquapazza seems to have opted out of eatigo.

Also, on my last visit in July they seemed to be off their game. Not a big problem as any place can have an off night. Still, I am wondering if others have observations to share.

Still no menu displayed outside???

No big deal for me but could be difficult for the missus if there was not a dish she fancied.

• 3 weeks later...

And this from October 2nd, another diner...

Some excellent food at Acquapazza yesterday. 

lamb racks, homemade ravioli, mussels, salmon, parma ham, desserts and salads. Accompanied by a full body Sondraia redwine. Bravo!

8FBEC779-E76A-458F-805F-F9373EA536E1.jpeg

DEE7E805-F327-46FC-BA5D-08CBEDFB607C.jpeg

74CEAC65-50D2-437C-8238-C6B94DBC01AF.jpeg

8E1A2F46-B8DF-4794-919E-35D603BA7A46.jpeg

132B9F8F-8A0B-4D55-ACC3-595DE8119D70.jpeg

E77CA65B-7823-42C9-ACDA-9B4A4E162723.jpeg

F2CAB16B-1497-491F-AAA4-252ADCBF63DA.jpeg

2A90640B-25CC-481C-BD7E-E8B87023A361.jpeg

0E240828-F42E-4688-A80C-4912ACB5B281.jpeg

F29ADCB0-6AB7-4736-8264-29297A4DA2EE.jpeg

ECF2498E-3629-4578-AF98-AB8F83C23ED2.jpeg

ED746EAE-802F-4ADD-955D-25A6B8BEE612.jpeg

3CAA721A-40BD-457B-B866-3E2A1FE8F9F9.jpeg

D78AAFD0-FA8A-401D-B20C-9841817A33C2.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

4 hours ago, TWD said:

Some pics from a July meal there, described as excellent by a TWD member

If I may ask, what do you mean by a TWD member? As this is also your handle, I am a little confused. The later is not that unusual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

If I may ask, what do you mean by a TWD member? As this is also your handle, I am a little confused. The later is not that unusual.

It's a local food group on FB, don’t worry about it, I just try to spread as much info about decent eateries in town as much as possible around the forums and groups.

Zero commercial interest, we just like quality, value for money, food

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

9 hours ago, SirL said:

https://eatigo.com/th/pattaya/en/r/acquapazza-5000767

Could you elaborate on Acquapazza opting out of eatigo?  Is there a spelling issue?

It appears that Eatigo moved Aquapazza from the Jomtien Section to the International Section and labeled them as new. I was continuing to look for them in the Jomtien Section where they no longer appear. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll probably get over there to use my EATSEP200 coupon later this week.

We stopped in at Aquapazza tonight. The food and service were very good. Very few people dining tonight at this quality restaurant, but it is still low season. There are already pics up of what we ordered, so I will not repeat them.

I think I have seen you tonight when passing on a bahtbus. It was very quiet indeed.

This is also reflected by the reduced number of service staff. 

On 17/10/2019 at 21:59, Halfaboy said:

I think I have seen you tonight when passing on a bahtbus. It was very quiet indeed.

This is also reflected by the reduced number of service staff. 

I would have been the one sitting with the pretty Thai lady. :)

• 10 months later...
On 26/08/2020 at 11:17, jimboh said:

New Pizza oven being fitted.

Place does seem to be doing a steady trade.

We noticed that they had recently started the pizza oven when we stopped in last week. Looks like they are making pretty good progress. Yeah, they seem to be, comparatively speaking, doing a decent business, although I am sure that they are being impacted as are others.

I have never tried the pizza here. I did order home delivery from NY Pizza over on 3rd Road in Pattaya the other night and thought it was really good. It was delivered hot and tasty to  a Jomtien address in a little over 30 minutes. I was impressed. The online ordering on their website was a bit of an adventure, but I stumbled through it.

On 26/08/2020 at 11:17, jimboh said:

New Pizza oven being fitted.

Place does seem to be doing a steady trade.

These guys are making pretty good progress on the pizza oven. If I ever decide that I need one, I will have to get the name of the crew.

IMG_2861.thumb.jpg.ddd606696fdac58267189ee1a58f2096.jpg

Making progress, should be up and running shortly, presume they will do a take away service from the side-without having to go into restaurant. Must say, looks a quality job.

pizza thumbnail_IMG_2372.jpg

11 hours ago, jimboh said:

Making progress, should be up and running shortly, presume they will do a take away service from the side-without having to go into restaurant. Must say, looks a quality job.

It can be a little dicey parking a car there if the spots are full up like they sometimes are. I guess I can suffer parking on Thappraya and walking 50 M when necessary. :)