Jump to content
IGNORED

Staying for 45 Days with an interim visit to Singapore


Explorer8939

Recommended Posts

In other words, I plan to stay 29 Days in Pattaya, go abroad for a week or so, and then come back to Thailand for a couple of weeks. 

My airline ticket will be for the entire 7 weeks, and I plan to book my flight to Singapore from within Thailand.

what are the odds I can pull this off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depends how fussy the check-in staff are when you turn up for your flight from (I assume) the USA.

It may be fine. They may try to stop you flying. You could try sweet-talking the Supervisor if it is a problem. Alternatively, book the Singapore flight before leaving home.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why look for trouble? Book the Singapore flight before leaving home as suggested above. In all instances when my flight itinerary was greater than 30 days or I was flying to Thailand on a one-way ticket, and I didn't have a visa, I was asked to provide proof of an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days by the check-in staff. Since I always planned on this happening, I could always show one. Don't know what would have happened if I couldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

In other words, I plan to stay 29 Days in Pattaya, go abroad for a week or so, and then come back to Thailand for a couple of weeks. 

My airline ticket will be for the entire 7 weeks, and I plan to book my flight to Singapore from within Thailand.

what are the odds I can pull this off?

Why try and pull anything off? If these are you plans, book the Singapore flights before you go and save any hassle or worries,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can book a one way flight out of BKK in real time using FF miles if I get in a jam.

i am much more worried about being denied entry at BKK upon my return from Singapore, since I would have been in Thailand for 30 Days the prior week.

At that point, however, I would have a return flight only 15 days away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be OK if flying back to BKK, especially if you don't have any other recent visa-exempt entries besides the one from this trip. Not sure what they would do if you left and came back the same or following day though. Maybe someone else can answer. My side trips out of the country have always been at least a couple of days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know you have to leave by day 29. So just book your Singapore flights, if your unsure how long you want to stay in Singapore just book a flexible fare so you can change the date at any time. The last thing you need is uncertainty. Thai 30 day tourist visa resets once you leave the country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

I can book a one way flight out of BKK in real time using FF miles if I get in a jam.

i am much more worried about being denied entry at BKK upon my return from Singapore, since I would have been in Thailand for 30 Days the prior week.

At that point, however, I would have a return flight only 15 days away.

I think your most likely point of failure is when checking in on your first flight to Thailand. If the check in staff is being picky they may refuse to let you board. The reason for this is if they let a person board who does not meet the standard for being admitted to Thailand they are responsible for removing you and they may be fined. On the details you have given you can not prove that you meet the requirements for a visa waiver entry.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather


My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm....

it looks like everyone is telling me to book the outbound flight to Singapore on day 29.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Or just get a visa before you go and avoid locking into set dates.

What kind of visa would that be? A 60 day tourist visa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

What kind of visa would that be? A 60 day tourist visa?

Yes, a SETV. 

Not sure it's worth it to be honest but if you have any doubts and want to be flexible it could be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2018 at 06:02, Ru4Real said:

Yes, a SETV. 

Not sure it's worth it to be honest but if you have any doubts and want to be flexible it could be.

Ummmmm ... I believe you are describing a Single Entry Tourist VISA. How does that help me go to Singapore in the middle of my 45 day trip?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Ummmmm ... I believe you are describing a Single Entry Tourist VISA. How does that help me go to Singapore in the middle of my 45 day trip?

It lets you get on the initial flight.

You have a return booked for longer than 30 days, the airline might refuse boarding going on a 30 day visa waiver. The SETV guarantees boarding. If/when you go to SG you just get the 30 day waiver on returning to LoS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

It lets you get on the initial flight.

You have a return booked for longer than 30 days, the airline might refuse boarding going on a 30 day visa waiver. The SETV guarantees boarding. If/when you go to SG you just get the 30 day waiver on returning to LoS.

Alternatively, Immigration may not give me a waiver during a Period covered by a 60 day SETV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Alternatively, Immigration may not give me a waiver during a Period covered by a 60 day SETV.

As soon as you depart LoS the SETV is no longer valid therefore, not an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But when I come back and go for the 30 day visa waiver at Immigration, they may decide I have been in Thailand too long

i may skip the Singapore trip and stay in LoS for 45 days under the SETV.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

But when I come back and go for the 30 day visa waiver at Immigration, they may decide I have been in Thailand too long

i may skip the Singapore trip and stay in LoS for 45 days under the SETV.

 

It shouldn’t be a problem but no guarantees, obviously.

If you decide to get the SETV then there’ll be no issues boarding the plane in the USA or getting into Thailand. If you then decide to go to Singapore it really shouldn’t be an issue to get a 30-day Visa exempt entry on your return. You’ll be flying to SIN and back and I’m assuming you’ll be staying at least a few days.

It’s not something even I would worry about and I’m VERY careful not to take risks. I even got an SETV for a 31-day trip last year.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

But when I come back and go for the 30 day visa waiver at Immigration, they may decide I have been in Thailand too long

i may skip the Singapore trip and stay in LoS for 45 days under the SETV.

 

I wouldn't worry personally, people have been doing similar trips for years (done similar myself but on 30 day waivers). The people that get hassle are those who are obviously playing the system to stay long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 22:44, Ru4Real said:

I wouldn't worry personally, people have been doing similar trips for years (done similar myself but on 30 day waivers). The people that get hassle are those who are obviously playing the system to stay long time. 

I am a little worried about my previous entries into Thailand this year, an overnight stay, a 3 day stay, and a 10 day stay. If I fly over for 29 days, go to Singapore, and then come back, any chance I would be flagged?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

... any chance I would be flagged?

Doubt anyone on here could give a definitive answer to that but personally, given the travel you have stated, it wouldn't even cross my mind that it was a possibility.

If you had been in country for 180+ days in the past 12 months then I would say you're starting to get to the point you may be on their radar but you've only been in country 14 days or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Doubt anyone on here could give a definitive answer to that but personally, given the travel you have stated, it wouldn't even cross my mind that it was a possibility.

If you had been in country for 180+ days in the past 12 months then I would say you're starting to get to the point you may be on their radar but you've only been in country 14 days or so.

That was in 2018.

in late 2017, I made 3 trips

July 1 week

september 2 weeks

December - 3 weeks.

6 weeks in 2017.  Might be OK.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still only what, 8 weeks or so in past 12 months with significant gaps in between. I wouldn't worry about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on a 4 month trip, came in on a single entry tourist visa, 60 days later I left foe a 1 month trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, I fly back to Thailand for my final month on the 28 th, and get my 30 day stamp. Never an issue as I have done similar for years.

you should have no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.