IGNORED

Running Shoes

Candy77

If you are thinking of doing any running, DO NOT buy fake trainers. 

I always buy ASICS gel kayanos But I agree with snowmister in post 6.

If you are serious about running, then you should find a good running shop, one that uses a threadmill  and gets to you to run a short distance .

this shows how your foot strike is and the type of runner that suits

Types of foot strikes:

• Heel-strike: The most common type of foot strike. Brakes momentum. Hard strike prone to cause pain or injury.

• Mid-foot strike: This is preferred. A good mid-foot strike is when most of the impact is handled by the ball of your foot (forefoot) while the heel only slightly touches the ground.

• Forefoot / Toe-strike: Also preferred over heel-strike but overdoing it, by relying only on the forefoot for support, could put much stress on the calves as well as the Achilles tendon.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/running-shoes.html

If you are thinking of doing any running, DO NOT buy fake trainers. 
I always buy ASICS gel kayanos But I agree with snowmister in post 6.
If you are serious about running, then you should find a good running shop, one that uses a threadmill  and gets to you to run a short distance .
this shows how your foot strike is and the type of runner that suits

Types of foot strikes:

• Heel-strike: The most common type of foot strike. Brakes momentum. Hard strike prone to cause pain or injury.

• Mid-foot strike: This is preferred. A good mid-foot strike is when most of the impact is handled by the ball of your foot (forefoot) while the heel only slightly touches the ground.

• Forefoot / Toe-strike: Also preferred over heel-strike but overdoing it, by relying only on the forefoot for support, could put much stress on the calves as well as the Achilles tendon.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/running-shoes.html

As you get better at running and faster you’ll automatically run on your toes .
From the likes of Usain bolt to mo farah none of these guys heels ever touch the floor but that’s Olympic standards .

To start with every runner runs with a heel strike takes lots of work to get out of it trust me .
From 2013 to 2015 I ran over 2000 miles with races and training so quite educated in this running lark .
What happened in 2016 , oh I went to Pattaya for the first time now I work more instead of training to save for the next holiday .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok this is getting more technical than I can handle. I am not an avid runner or anything just wanted a good pair to do some running to lose weight. Pardon my ignorance but I never knew that running had so many technical details. Anyways I did buy a pair of Puma finally at MoA in Bloomington. Liked a pair of Vapormax a lot but didn't get my size. So settled for the Puma. Started running in those today and felt good so far. Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Running shoes can be an interesting topic for others so I don't have a problem in keeping this thread open but my job is done.

If you're purely looking for a running shoe that can double as a casual sneaker I would highly recommend something like the Adidas Ultra boost, a very popular sneaker in the last two years that offer something called a boost midsole which basically makes you feel like you're walking on clouds. The foam offers a lot of cushioning and response when running a very comfortable shoe it is a little pricey but definitely worth the money if you're willing to pay.

14 hours ago, Candy77 said:

Ok this is getting more technical than I can handle. I am not an avid runner or anything just wanted a good pair to do some running to lose weight. Pardon my ignorance but I never knew that running had so many technical details. Anyways I did buy a pair of Puma finally at MoA in Bloomington. Liked a pair of Vapormax a lot but didn't get my size. So settled for the Puma. Started running in those today and felt good so far. Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Running shoes can be an interesting topic for others so I don't have a problem in keeping this thread open but my job is done.

Thats the problem when you're not specific with your needs. You say go running, one guy thinks a marathon and the other thinks 10 mins on a treadmill. 

14 hours ago, Candy77 said:

Should have got got BM taylor1975`s gran to knit you some, you`ve missed out there! :laugh:

16 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Should have got got BM taylor1975`s gran to knit you some, you`ve missed out there! :laugh:

3 pairs now vimto. Best gran ever.

IMG_0752.JPG

3 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

3 pairs now vimto. Best gran ever.

IMG_0752.JPG

They`re right Bobby dazzlers taylor!:P

I have EEE Width feet which makes me buy only those manufacturers that will accommodate with Wide widths.  New Balance is what I buy and wear.  I buy them when I find them locally, on sale.  Wore them all around Bangkok last year, no issues.  Looking at most manufacturers like Nike, you guys must have narrow feet to fit in them.

Just watch all the potholes, cracks and jutting concrete on sidewalks and streets - where I live we have tons of freeze/thaw cycles so every 10 years or so everything is redone out of necessity. 

Easy to break a toe in the LOS then there goes your vacation.

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Thats the problem when you're not specific with your needs. You say go running, one guy thinks a marathon and the other thinks 10 mins on a treadmill. 

10 mins on the treadmill or 30 mins of walk-jog-run that sounds more like me today. Marathon maybe some day but not there yet today. Actually it's good I started this thread - theres so much info coming my way. It's overwhelming for sure but definitely a lot of learning. Some of the products and a couple of brands I wasn't even familiar with. So it's definitely helping me.

Archived