IGNORED

Running Shoes

Candy77

What's the best running shoes you get in Pattaya? My preferred brands Asics, Under Armour, Puma and Nike. Any other good brand recommendations?Any specific place, model recommendations? With or without prices. Or any thoughts on how to choose a nice pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike Vapourmax. 
Not sure if you'll find it Patts yet. 

Fucking sexy, especially like this one. Not a cheap one though but I may still go for it. Good you told me it may not be available in Pattaya. Will pick up in US unless I get a better recommendation at a lower cost. Thanks buddy.
3025dba96b1193b887939f4034f12d15.jpg

26 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Do you care if real or copy? I only use mine for gym work so copy is fine.

Actually I do. Else Mike is a good option I know. Might as well pick up a second pair at Mikes in May.

If you are seriously trying to run it’s impossible to give a recommendation because all running shoes are cut different and everybody running style (gait) is different. There are too many variables to recommend a good running shoe. If you choose something that isn’t made for your foot ( flat foot or high arch ) you could find yourself in a world of pain in a week or two. .....Choose carefully.

I am a New Balance only guy.  They have (or did a while ago) a store in Central Festival.  Prices seemed high and did not even have the model I need (Specific needs) so got a New Balance from the clearance section in the middle of Central Festival mall.  From what I could tell, it seemed authentic, just discontinued, so I bought it.  4 months later, soles are coming unglued.  I thought it came from the store in the mall leftover section so should be authentic but clearly it was not. 

Anyways, I think they also have a Puma store in Cent Fest, also an Under armour, and for sure an Addidas store. 

I've had the same experience as @George810 posted. Bought a pair of North Face trail running shoes at the outlet mall on Suk. They were the exact same model as what I had previously purchased in the States. They looked authentic in every respect, but within two months the soles came unglued. Never again will I buy running shoes in Thailand. Now stock up on shoes during my once a year trip back to the States.

On a side note, I've switched to the Salomon Speedcross 3 trail shoes. Fantastic, light weight shoes ideal for trail running.

Image result for speedcross 3

The sports shop in central festival has a big selection of trainers at the back,it's not obvious when you just walk pass, wouldn't vouch for the authenticity of anything.

1 hour ago, George810 said:

I am a New Balance only guy.  They have (or did a while ago) a store in Central Festival.  Prices seemed high and did not even have the model I need (Specific needs) so got a New Balance from the clearance section in the middle of Central Festival mall.  From what I could tell, it seemed authentic, just discontinued, so I bought it.  4 months later, soles are coming unglued.  I thought it came from the store in the mall leftover section so should be authentic but clearly it was not. 

Anyways, I think they also have a Puma store in Cent Fest, also an Under armour, and for sure an Addidas store. 

Shortly after I moved here in 2004 the fairly new running shoes I had bought is South Korea did similar as you report.    Not 'unglued' but the plastic foam simply disintegrated as I walked one day.  Had to take them off and throw them away.  Bought some leather sandals to replace them.

2 minutes ago, adammike said:

The sports shop in central festival has a big selection of trainers at the back,it's not obvious when you just walk pass, wouldn't vouch for the authenticity of anything.

There is another sports store in Central Marina that has a large selection.

Outlet Mall @ Thepprasit / Sukhumvit has several dedicated Nike / Adidas / Puma stores, all with some good discounts.

Also a couple of larger sports stores in the main mall. Definitely cheaper than shopping in Central.

So glad I reached out to you guys for recommendations. The options are only getting better. Was checking a few reviews on RuNrepeat and Solecollector and it seems Speedcross has better feedback than Vapormax. At that price Vapormax should be an absolute stud but the favoribility is actually pretty low.

Not sure about Thailand but picking up a sexy running pair in US looks like a done deal.

3 minutes ago, Candy77 said:

So glad I reached out to you guys for recommendations. The options are only getting better. Was checking a few reviews on RuNrepeat and Solecollector and it seems Speedcross has better feedback than Vapormax. At that price Vapormax should be an absolute stud but the favoribility is actually pretty low.

Not sure about Thailand but picking up a sexy running pair in US looks like a done deal.

I wouldn't recommend the Speedcross for road running or even for walking around. The sole has an aggressive grip, and is rather soft so will wear out quickly if used on a hard surface. It also has a very flexible sole, great for gripping on uneven soft terrain, but not comfortable on flat, hard surfaces.

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I wouldn't recommend the Speedcross for road running or even for walking around. The sole has an aggressive grip, and is rather soft so will wear out quickly if used on a hard surface. It also has a very flexible sole, great for gripping on uneven soft terrain, but not comfortable on flat, hard surfaces.

Oops ... just when I thought I am zeroing in on one. I won't buy another pair very soon so really want to go for a no-regret buy.

High end trainers are import taxed and thus expensive. No point thinking of buying them in Thailand if you don't actually need to. 

1 minute ago, Hamchang said:

High end trainers are import taxed and thus expensive. No point thinking of buying them in Thailand if you don't actually need to. 

Really? And I always thought they are less expensive there. Probably only the fake ones. Another useful tip - thanks mate

At best they are the same price, but usually more expensive. I thought the same once a decade ago, bought some, then went home and saw the same pair 30% cheaper. 

Decathlon in north pattaya is a great sport shop. Prices seem cheaper than UK decathlon, which is a surprise! Great quality too.

I noticed a pricing difference on nike.com.au and nike.com.th on the same item. It was actually more expensive in my currency.
If you're there a week perhaps get some delivered to the hotel. Most Nike comes from Vietnam and China. 

The US is usually the cheapest place in the world for most things you need, at least when it comes to something with a brand name. For running shoes, brand clothes or iphones I would recommend you buy them there. For girls, tailor made suits or beer Thailand is a good place to go shopping. 

Asics has been my preferred of training shoes for about the last 15 years.

There is an Asics shop in Central Festival (albeit under the old brand name Onitsuka Tiger); as per some of the posters above, though, its cheaper to buy them in the west.

It's possible that there are some lines in the shop for the Asian market only, however.

Get your Gait done and then choose. Waste of time asking people for the best type of runner. If you run a fair bit you could find yourself injured with an expensive pair of runners not suited for your feet. I know been there done that 

Like others have said get you gait tested .
But most people will run fine with support shoes me personally did 3 marathons in a pair of sauconys guide 7s , London , Nottingham and Leicester .
I’ve not run in over a year now maybe time I started again as my belly is getting bigger by the month .

Archived