IGNORED

Jazz - live music venues

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

Rather than listen to the usual rock/pop I am interested in going to a Pattaya venue to listen to some live jazz music next week when I come (12th to 17th Feb).

Can anyone give me a recommendation or two?

Are the big hotels my best option?

Thanks

I just found this place yesterday...

Tubphaya Blues Bar
Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
https://goo.gl/maps/RN4kGpYiei42

Blues not Jazz, I know :) But other than live Thai bands and cover bands there isn’t a lot else in Patts I have seen.

Not been to the above bar in the evening yet so it might be crap...but will do soon. 

Thanks for the info, will give them a go, prefer a chilled out place instead of the frenetic and super loud stuff in WS and LK.

20 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Interesting. That is a pretty extensive menu. I would expect the food is decent at least. Do you need a reservation here or is it pretty much walk in. The music is obviously the big draw.

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Interesting. That is a pretty extensive menu. I would expect the food is decent at least. Do you need a reservation here or is it pretty much walk in. The music is obviously the big draw.

Walk in, I would have thought, but it's been a while since I visited.

Probably less popular now than it was 20+ years ago, when it was one of the few upmarket places in town doing Thai Food.

Personally, I always found the food to be rather touristy bland.

Sister restaurant is the Sugar Hut on Thappraya.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Sister restaurant is the Sugar Hut on Thappraya.

Ah - been to the Sugar Hut and I would not return. Did not care for the food that much, and my Thai GF disliked it. Nice enough atmosphere, but has a tourist trap feel to it.

Archived