Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travel plans - Pattaya to islands

Shug1989

Hey guys

Might be asking too much but any help would be appreciated.

I am going to Thailand for 3 weeks on 15/Feb/2018 and I originally thought only about Pattaya but after doing some research, and thinking I might not get a good chance to spend time in Thailand again I also want to take in some islands and a full moon party. I want to go to Phuket, Koh Samet, Koh Samui and koh Pha Ngan for the full moon party on 02/Mar/2018. I have done my research but I would also like to hear from any experienced pros who have done similar and how they travelled or maybe I have missed something in my research. I am a 27 year old Scottish man if that makes any difference, Haha.

Thank you for any advice offered

Shug

I have been to both Phuket and Samui, but never been to a full moon party. A buddy of mine and his wife did the one you can get to from Samui and had a blast.

For a first trip to Samui, and it's been 15 years since I was there, I would stay in the Chaweng Beach area. Good central location with an easy baht bus ride to the Green Mango area. Back in the day I liked the Tradewinds resort. You can get a small bungalow near the beach for about $100 USD a night.

https://www.agoda.com/tradewinds-by-lawana-hotel/hotel/samui-th.html?cid=-211

I may go in April myself as the Samui Songkran concludes on the 15th, which is about when the Pattaya one starts to get annoying IMO.

6 hours ago, Shug1989 said:

I want to go to Phuket, Koh Samet, Koh Samui and koh Pha Ngan for the full moon party on 02/Mar/2018.

I think you would need to just pick one of the islands.

It would be impossible to make them all because of travel and flight times for a few of the island you listed.

If you're based in Pattaya, Koh Samet would be a few hour drive.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

8 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I think you would need to just pick one of the islands.

It would be impossible to make them all because of travel and flight times for a few of the island you listed.

If you're based in Pattaya, Koh Samet would be a few hour drive.

LeoTex

Not true 

It can be done pretty easily

I assume you are flying into Bangkok 

Head to  Pattaya first,  by taxi

Next got to Koh Samet also by taxi

Than take the direct flight on Bangkok air from UTP Pattaya airport to Koh Samui.

UTP is pretty close to Koh Samet

From Koh Samui take the ferry to Koh Phagen

Come back to Koh Samui and take a flight directly to Phuket.

While Phuket is technically an island it won't feel like an island.

From Phuket you can fly back to Bangkok before you head back home

Should you want to do this I would book those flights to Koh Samui and Phuket right away as there are not many of those flights a day.  There are lots Phuket to Bangkok

2 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

Not true 

It can be done pretty easily

I assume you are flying into Bangkok 

Head to  Pattaya first,  by taxi

Next got to Koh Samet also by taxi

Than take the direct flight on Bangkok air from UTP Pattaya airport to Koh Samui.

UTP is pretty close to Koh Samet

From Koh Samui take the ferry to Koh Phagen

Come back to Koh Samui and take a flight directly to Phuket.

While Phuket is technically an island it won't feel like an island.

From Phuket you can fly back to Bangkok before you head back home

Should you want to do this I would book those flights to Koh Samui and Phuket right away as there are not many of those flights a day.  There are lots Phuket to Bangkok

I think the full moon (party) would come and go by the time you started until you finished.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

6 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I think the full moon (party) would come and go by the time you started until you finished.

LeoTex

He said he was coming Feb 15 for 3 weeks that would take him until March 8

There is a full moon party on March 2 so should be plenty of time to hit all of those places

Only need one night at Koh Phagen, just need to decide how many days in the other places.  

He wouldn't need more than a couple days in Koh Samui

Plenty of time to hit all the places he wants to hit

>Should you want to do this I would book those flights to Koh Samui and Phuket right away as there are not many of those flights a day.  There are lots Phuket to Bangkok<

http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com

You can fly Bangkok Air Utapao (Pattaya), UTP, to Samui and then from Samui to Phuket

Phuket to Bangkok. Bangkok has two airports; the main one SE of the city is Suvarnabhumi (BKK). North of the city is Don Muang (DMK), home mostly to budget carriers. Lots of flights to both.

Right but the only real choices in and out of Koh Samui is Bangkok air and Thai Air.

If he wants to go to Koh Samet it would make sense to fly from UTP to Koh Samui as it is a direct flight rather than making the very long drive back to Bangkok only to fly to Koh Samui.  

Anytime you can make it direct flight within the country it is well worth it as it saves lots of time.

Granted there are less expensive ways to get it done but your options to Koh Samui by air are quite limited when flying regional airlines

I don't think anyone from DMK flies to Koh Samui

Thanks so far, i didnt realise there was an airport in pattaya so that helps. Ill be flying everywhere to save on time. 

Im looking at 7 days pattaya, 2 days koh samet, 2 days koh samui, 1 day koh phangan, 4 days Phuket and 4 days Bangkok before going home. 

Personally I'd drop Koh Samet, nothing you wont see on Koh Phangan/Samui. If it was me I'd want longer in Pattaya (9 days), an extra day on Samui or go to Koh Tao for a day from koh Phangan and spend an extra day  in Phuket rather than Bangkok, fit in day tours to Phi Pho island or Railai beach from Phuket. Koh Samet is nice, Bangkok has stuff to see, but the islands around Phuket/Koh Tao are world class destinations you really should see if you being a  tourist as well as a monger :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Archived