Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ticket change on Thai airways multi trip

thetrader

I'm currently in the Philippines (Cebu) and my flight booked from Manila to BKK on 8th Feb.

I'm looking at cutting my stay here to spend more time in Thailand and wanting to change my Manila - BKK ticket to a week earlier (1st Feb).

I booked through an agent in the U.K for Thai multitrip

London - Manila

Manila - BKK --------------- This is the date I want to change

BKK - London

I guess I would have to go to a Thai airways office to request a change but does anyone know what the cost is likley to be? (My ticket type is economy-restricted).

It may be cheaper to just book a flight from here in Cebu to BKK but I''m not sure if this would leave me with no return flight to London (as I will miss one of the legs of my flight)? Would this make my return leg invalid)?

As you booked through an agent you will probably need to contact them to change the ticket. They may have a charge on top of the airline charge.

Yes, if you don’t use the next part of the ticket there is a chance you won’t be able to use the last part.

Best bet is to email the agent.

Edit: looking at the Thai website I ‘think’ the charge from Thai would be £100. However, as you bought through an agent they may have different conditions/charges. You could try a Thai Office and hope they’ll do it and not tell you to contact the agent.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I’ve never been to the Philippines but if they have the small travel agents dotted around the same as Thailand pop in and ask them.. you might be surprised. I extended my stay once while in Thailand. Agent wanted £140 when I called and enquiried. I thought I would then ask one of the small travel shops. With one phone call they had changed my flight free of charge. Tho I did tip her a couple of hundred baht for her time.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

1 minute ago, Gaztop08 said:

A8175A9A-0AEC-4691-A7D4-77B901512F70.png

It also says it only applies to bookings where payment was made to them on their website or offices ie not through agents.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

It also says it only applies to bookings where payment was made to them on their website or offices ie not through agents.

Yes agree I don’t know for certain but I think the rules stay the same.If you don’t not show up without informing them then you may lose rest of the ticket.

I’ve never done a date change for return leg with Thai but done it a few times with Eva.Each time booking was with agent and each time I contacted Eva(Bangkok office) when in Thailand.The change was done over the phone and used a debit/ Visa card as there was a payment to be made.When I’ve looked at ticket change prices across a few airlines they all seem to have different charges.Eva,s wasn’t a fixed price as they looked at original date and if new date was in a slightly higher price range(holiday period/high season etc) then price was adjusted accordingly.With Eva you are now able to change return date on their website in “mange my booking” section.Give Thai a call in their Philippines office.

604416EE-41AE-415B-AB88-3D74FFCDF45D.png

I cant be 100% sure but I think once you have flown the first leg the airline then has control reservation. The only reason the agent wants to get involved (and complicate matters) is to take a an additional fee over and above what the airline may charge

I think a great deal will depend upon what class of ticket you have bought.  

A lot of agents and travel companies buy airline tickets very cheaply but by and large they can not be modified or changed at all.

The best of luck to you.

Archived