Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Arrival / Departure Card.

Fire Bar Matt

I noticed arriving a few weeks ago that Immigration had changed the arrival / departure card. From memory the new version was different as it wasn't a 2 piece card. I'm about to depart tomorrow and checked my passport just now and don't seem to have a departure piece stapled in it like previous visits and didn't really pay attention arriving as to whether they still staple or not. 

The question is, with the new format, should I have departure piece? If I'm missing it I know I can get another before I depart but I'm curious as to whether I've simply misplaced it or if Immigration is no longer using them. 

Not seen any info regarding this "change" and was there in Dec, I have noticed for a while now they do not staple your departure card so don,t lose it.

When I arrived mid December on Korean Air, we were given the new forms.

40 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Not seen any info regarding this "change" and was there in Dec, I have noticed for a while now they do not staple your departure card so don,t lose it.

You're correct, for some time now they haven't stapled the departure card in you passport and I always worry that I'm going to loose it, so tape it to the inside back of my passport.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

9 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

When I arrived mid December on Korean Air, we were given the new forms.

You're correct, for some time now they haven't stapled the departure card in you passport and I always worry that I'm going to loose it, so tape it to the inside back of my passport.

LeoTex

I don't think it's a big deal if you lose it.  They just have you fill out another one.

I had a buddy lose his and its just a hassle to have to complete a new one

I lost mine during my last visit. When it was time to go through Immigration, they just handed me a blank one to fill out, and once that was done, they bumped me to the head of the line and let me through. A week of worry turned into no hassle at all.

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

I noticed arriving a few weeks ago that Immigration had changed the arrival / departure card. From memory the new version was different as it wasn't a 2 piece card. I'm about to depart tomorrow and checked my passport just now and don't seem to have a departure piece stapled in it like previous visits and didn't really pay attention arriving as to whether they still staple or not. 

The question is, with the new format, should I have departure piece? If I'm missing it I know I can get another before I depart but I'm curious as to whether I've simply misplaced it or if Immigration is no longer using them. 

I arrived about a week ago.Yes the cards have changed a bit and I did have a departure card.The first guesthouse I checked into she checked it and stapled it into my passport.

5 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

I arrived about a week ago.Yes the cards have changed a bit and I did have a departure card.The first guesthouse I checked into she checked it and stapled it into my passport.

Thanks, I was wondering if the new one was a 2 piece like the old one or not.

So I've obviously lost mine at some point, no big deal, I'll just fill in a new one tomorrow. I've got Fast Track booked so I don't anticipate any hold ups. 

Just arrived this morning and can confirm the new TM6 form.

I just use a paper clip to keep it in my passport instead of a staple.

The new form has a section for your phone # and email address.

I had a old one I already had filled out prior to boarding but discarded it for the new one.

Not sure if they will still take the old style.

The new form not as good as the old one in my opinion.

You can just fill in a new departure card at the airport, same as you always could, no problem at all & certainly nothing to worry about

When I flew out of DMK a couple of days ago, there were even signs saying just fill in a new card if you've lost the original departure card

13 hours ago, j_d66 said:

I don't think it's a big deal if you lose it.  They just have you fill out another one.

I had a buddy lose his and its just a hassle to have to complete a new one

I can't remember and I should as many times I have been there.

Don't they stamp the departure card when you enter immigration? I know the hotel makes a copy of it along with your passport when you check in.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

i lost mine on my last trip,i asked at  the KLM desk and the check in lady gave me a new one,filled it it,all good, but i did have a few moments of worry ,as i only discovered it while checking in.i will be a more careful in the future.

Thanks for the update. The picture in the article could be a bit clearer, but it looks like they have eliminated most of those tiny boxes that you had to fit each letter into (in the semi darkness of a bumpy aircraft).

Also why in a country that has some of the longest addresses outside of Wales do they have such a small section to enter your address in Thailand into?

Smaller departure card = more lost cards.

Phone numbers going to be tough since I leave my sim card at home and don't get a number until I'm passed immigration.

Old form in November went to get Sim and one was on the floor not mine doubt it is a big problem if you lose it.

1 hour ago, ableyone said:

Phone numbers going to be tough since I leave my sim card at home and don't get a number until I'm passed immigration.

The old form didn't ask for a phone number, but half the time the person checking the form before letting you get a line, would tell you to put your phone number somewhere on the form, couldn't remember so just made one up.

On the new forms, just tell them you don't have one or just make it up, its not going to be checked anyway.

LeoTex

19 hours ago, Dr No said:

Strange I was looking for mine yesterday from my last return and couldn’t find it. Are we sure this new one is in two sections ?

I’ve never lost one previously.

when I was checking into Areca Lodge they actually asked for my departure card...I wonder what would have happened if I had lost it..

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

5 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I can't remember and I should as many times I have been there.

Don't they stamp the departure card when you enter immigration? I know the hotel makes a copy of it along with your passport when you check in.

LeoTex

Yes you are correct your residence will normally copy both and technically you should always carry a copy of both. I was hoping someone would provide more info about this new card. 

Just now, geezerrb said:

Yes you are correct your residence will normally copy both and technically you should always carry a copy of both. I was hoping someone would provide more info about this new card. 

I also meant to add that if there is no departure card stamped, how in a "situation" do they check you have not exceeded your 30 day tourist visa?

3 hours ago, mbamber said:

Old form in November went to get Sim and one was on the floor not mine doubt it is a big problem if you lose it.

My passport only came out when I exchanged a little cash, got my Sim and checked into the hotel so the departure card was lost then. 

44 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I also meant to add that if there is no departure card stamped, how in a "situation" do they check you have not exceeded your 30 day tourist visa?

Your arrival date is stamped in your passport.

Here is a copy of the new card. Looks like about the same amount of information, but smaller space to fill it in.

LeoTex

Immigration card front.jpg

Yep, struggled to get some details in the smaller box's. 

For phone number and email address I used my hotel details. 

14 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Here is a copy of the new card. Looks like about the same amount of information, but smaller space to fill it in.

LeoTex

Immigration card front.jpg

Many thanks, I had a stock of the old cards which I always pre-filled so I did not have "ferret around" on flight. Although I did laugh last trip on the old card where I had filled my "residence in Thai" and was told "just place and town.

Archived