Billyboy294

Realplayer Download not working with FF

Billyboy294

I download music videos from Youtube. I could do before with FF but i installed FFQuantum as it is much faster. I now cannot download using Realplayer downloader and I think it is because FFQ  has a black band across the top with X etc. so now cannot see the tip of the small download box to Touch to get the box to ask for the download.

I tried uninstalling FFQ and reinstalling FF but I think i have got Quantum again, Can anyone help. For starters can someone tell how to check if I have Quantum or not because FF never indicate anything different, they just say Firefox..

I can see the box using Chrome as their 'band' is not black.

Downandup

Your problem is probably with realplayer not the browser.  I've not used realplayer since their codecs went the way of the dodo.  Try installing Chrome or reinstalling Quantum again.  Then find another download tool that still works with youtube.  There's plenty around like videodownloader professional but be aware that youtube is getting very clever at stopping you from downloading videos from certain customers like vevo.

Edited by Downandup

Billyboy294
1 hour ago, Downandup said:

Your problem is probably with realplayer not the browser.  I've not used realplayer since their codecs went the way of the dodo.  Try installing Chrome or reinstalling Quantum again.  Then find another download tool that still works with youtube.  There's plenty around like videodownloader professional but be aware that youtube is getting very clever at stopping you from downloading videos from certain customers like vevo.

As I said, I uninstalled FFQ and reinstalled FF but think I got FFQ again being their updated version. Still cannot see the tip of the box because of the black band across the top of FF.

I can see the box using Chrome and therefor I can download with Realplayer using Chrome so Realplayer does not seem to be the problem.

Billyboy294

I have Googled for a solution but it appears I am not the only one with this problem. And many of the 'solutions' do not work.

phuketexpert

I will tell you my solution related your issue. 

Download VLC player then download the videos via your browser.(There are plenty of web sites you can do this ) It will be more stable with this way i believe. 

VLC player is the best you can find. 

Anyway if you still want to continue with realplayer you need to have a clean uninstalling process Before install it again. You may need to use additional cleaning programs for that but sometimes its tricky you know ..