Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wanted: View Talay 2

Dot work

1 or 2 bedroom wanted for yearly rental contract .

I am looking for a condo to use for my many trips to Jomtien, I hope to rent for a year at a time and make it into my second home.

Have a few friends living permanently in these condos and I like the location.

I will be arriving on 24th January 2018 for two weeks and so could view etc then if any available.

1 hour ago, Dot work said:

Have a few friends living permanently in these condos and I like the location.

Maybe ask your friends as are actually living in the condo block you want to rent in?

There are a couple of letting offices on site, both in Tower A and B.  Maybe give them a try?

When I was looking for a year long contract, one of the offices had a nice 74 sqm 1 bedder...  If I recall, the price was 15 or 16K PM. That was a couple of months ago.

Just a tip... when you do grab a place, make sure your electric per unit is at or close to about 4 THB and your water at or about 30 THB per unit.  Particularly with electric, some places like to skim.... charging as much as 10 or 12 THB per unit..

5 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Just a tip... when you do grab a place, make sure your electric per unit is at or close to about 4 THB and your water at or about 30 THB per unit.  Particularly with electric, some places like to skim.... charging as much as 10 or 12 THB per unit..

Anyone renting a residential condo for a long period should be paying the PEA bill themselves directly. That way there can be no overcharging.

Water is generally closer to 45B/m3 than 30B, though it does depend on the building and how their water is supplied. The actual cost per month is unlikely to be more than a couple of hundred Baht though.

12 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone renting a residential condo for a long period should be paying the PEA bill themselves directly. That way there can be no overcharging.

Water is generally closer to 45B/m3 than 30B, though it does depend on the building and how their water is supplied. The actual cost per month is unlikely to be more than a couple of hundred Baht though.

Where I am, I get one bill per month... rent/net/electric/water/cable. All itemised and unit charged.  The manager of the building I am in pays the bills, and adds them to the rent. Electric is 4 THB water 35 THB. It's pretty decent service...and at no charge to me.

I agree that water won't make a huge difference, but better in your pocket than theirs. electric on the other hand, can become quite expensive...

I believe BM Jai Dee Mak has a condo in VT2, I can highly recommend as ive stayed twice with him in his condos at the pattaya hill resort, very high standard. Give him a PM.

Thanks GB and yes I have one available in VT2B it came back on the rental market yesterday of a one year contract due to the customers work extension in afganastan for forcing him to cancel the lease.

Its a very nice 1 bedroom anyone interested can take a look at the photos on my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Click on the apartment photo for more photos.

The rent is 16,500tb per month (Firm price) Utilitys at cost paid direct by the renter all other conditions as stated on the website.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

I'm in 2b. There are advertisements on the shop walls but Lyn is the lady with the most amount of condos. Just turn right as you walk in and it's the first real estate office on the left

I'm paying 12k for a great 45 sqm condo for one month in high season.

Probably 10k on a lease.

9 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Thanks GB and yes I have one available in VT2B it came back on the rental market yesterday of a one year contract due to the customers work extension in Afghanistan for forcing him to cancel the lease.

Interesting. I arrive in about 10 days and am staying in VT2A for 3 months. I have stayed there before and like the location and pool. I am working with Dance Watchers so far, as I know them through some other people. I am an American who is giving an increased amount of thought to becoming an ex-pat. One purpose of this trip is to think that through.

In the event that I decide to go for something longer term, and I probably will, I will give you a call to discuss possibilities.

On 1/8/2018 at 21:05, ChiFlyer said:

Interesting. I arrive in about 10 days and am staying in VT2A for 3 months. I have stayed there before and like the location and pool. I am working with Dance Watchers so far, as I know them through some other people. I am an American who is giving an increased amount of thought to becoming an ex-pat. One purpose of this trip is to think that through.

In the event that I decide to go for something longer term, and I probably will, I will give you a call to discuss possibilities.

Please do so I would be very happy to show meet up and show you them.

JDM

45 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Please do so I would be very happy to show meet up and show you them.

JDM

Thanks. It will be a little while, as I have some things to take care of and need a bit of a settle in period before I get serious about this.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions guys. I arrive on the 24 and will start viewing .

Just look with the agents on the ground floor in either building. I'm there now and loads for rent anywhere between 10K and 30K depending on size etc.

Not all owners place apartments in agents hands, you will only find mine on my website.

I have apartments from 10,000 to 30,000 depending on size in VT2B and other areas.

JDM

• 2 weeks later...

BM Dot Work , came and looked at the one bedroom yesterday and said he will take it on a one year lease.

I then showed him the two bedroom and he sat down for 5 mins thinking about it then said I have changed my mind I will take this one.

So my one bedroom is still available for viewing and rent.

JDM

On 09/01/2018 at 22:36, jiml said:

Have a condo in View Talay 2A. Try Phil Cristy Letting.

Fri 2017-12-08, 05:13 PM

You may want to try another agent.

When I was looking for a condo in VT2A they never bothered replying to my emails and were pretty disinterested when I called in the office.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, davidge said:

You may want to try another agent.

When I was looking for a condo in VT2A they never bothered replying to my emails and were pretty disinterested when I called in the office.

I stayed for 2 month in VT2A through Dancewatchers last may/june ... got roped into phils office one day as I was looking at rooms on outside of his office/room window on ground floor. He gave me his card. He/they did actually reply to an email I sent them requesting price quotes and got quoted if I recall 24.000bt a month for a studio in VT2A if memory serves me correct? 

6 hours ago, golden_boy said:

I stayed for 2 month in VT2A through Dancewatchers last may/june ... got roped into phils office one day as I was looking at rooms on outside of his office/room window on ground floor. He gave me his card. He/they did actually reply to an email I sent them requesting price quotes and got quoted if I recall 24.000bt a month for a studio in VT2A if memory serves me correct? 

I can do a studio for 15,000tb on a  one month stay in VT2b A newer building with a better pool.

JDM

2 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

I can do a studio for 15,000tb a month in VT2b A newer building with a better pool.

JDM

I did think his quote price was rather high mate.

Met up with JAI DEE MAK and viewed the one bed, decided it was certainly good value and well suited to my needs, or so I thought.... Then the sod showed me a 2 bed, it’s as well fitted out as any 5 star hotel suite. So contracts done deposits paid and registration all completed by his lovely wife (very professional) Door entry system changed to my own code number.

Im very happy and looking forward to many frequent stays for me and my family.

Thank you JDM and the forum for all advice and tips.

13 hours ago, golden_boy said:

He gave me his card. He/they did actually reply to an email I sent them requesting price quotes and got quoted if I recall 24.000bt a month for a studio in VT2A if memory serves me correct? 

Half that would be the going rate, unless perhaps it includes electricity, laundry, cleaning etc.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:38, JAI DEE MAK said:

BM Dot Work , came and looked at the one bedroom yesterday and said he will take it on a one year lease.

I then showed him the two bedroom and he sat down for 5 mins thinking about it then said I have changed my mind I will take this one.

So my one bedroom is still available for viewing and rent.

JDM

The one bedroom has today been rented out for two months.

The renter is happy for it to viewed during this time by potential renter so if anyone is interested PM me and we can arrange a date and time.

JDM

• 5 months later...

i live in central pattaya and think about moving to jomtien as i need a bigger place as the wife is coming in a month or so.

Been riding my bike to check out locations, but still confused as to where the View Talay buildings are, since there are so many of them.  Narrowed down the choice to the View Talay building, which is as you come on thappraya road from pattaya and make a right turn to go down to beach road.  The building at the very front is a View Talay just dont know which one.

It faces the water, narrow in front and long on the sides.  I would think the units on a higher floor would have great views as there are no obstructions.  Anyone know if this is View Talay 2. cant figure out the A and B where they are.

in the rear of this building are two identical highrises, i think they are called Jomtien Complex, nice looking but the views somewhat obstructed by the View Talay building and the Jomtien Plaza Condotel.

These are the three i have shortlisted, only seen from outside now, but when wife will be here then will inspect units in all the buildings.

Would need a one bedroom on the higher floors facing the water, at least 80 sqm minimum with a workable kitchen not a kitchenette.  Pet peeve is small refrigs, see some units with small refrigs.

Anyone have any ideas of costs etc.  Budget is open but realistically from what I see on the net i figure between 20K to 30K a month.  One year but preferably 2 year lease, would ask to negotiate security depost down to one month.

All input is appreciated.

ez

Archived