IGNORED

AIS data issue

hioctane

When my data plan expires, AIS starts soaking up my balance until it is 0 (every time data is accessed) . Is there a way to stop this annoying behavior?

top up   ,
And it will suck up that balance too.
Use Wi-Fi only. Turn off the mobile data.
That defeats the purpose of a data plan.
Renew your data plan before the old one expires. 
Doesn't that remove your old data plan and replace it with the new one?

6 hours ago, hioctane said:

And it will suck up that balance too. That defeats the purpose of a data plan. Doesn't that remove your old data plan and replace it with the new one?

No, it doesn't with AIS.

That’s strange.  It did replace the old plan for me - prepaid.  You do need to subscribe to a new data package...

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

It seems to replace the old plan for me too. Plans don't seem to stack (wait for the previous plan to expire). It gets annoying to have to time the expiration.

I found the best option for me was to sign up for the monthly "unlimited" 1GB plan for 200 baht. After the high speed data get used up, internet will slow to a crawl but not use up my balance. It then gives me time to top up with high speed data at really low prices.

I was trying to avoid being forced into a monthly plan, but I guess that is the only option.

On 03/01/2018 at 03:20, SteveX08 said:

That’s strange.  It did replace the old plan for me - prepaid.  You do need to subscribe to a new data package...

Definitely doesn't do so for me. But maybe we are writing about different things. Usually what happens is the it will continue until the data has expired on the first one and then start on the next. But the second plan's validity will have already begun. You just won't utilise it's data until the first's has depleted.

On 03/01/2018 at 05:13, hioctane said:

It seems to replace the old plan for me too. Plans don't seem to stack (wait for the previous plan to expire). It gets annoying to have to time the expiration.

I found the best option for me was to sign up for the monthly "unlimited" 1GB plan for 200 baht. After the high speed data get used up, internet will slow to a crawl but not use up my balance. It then gives me time to top up with high speed data at really low prices.

I was trying to avoid being forced into a monthly plan, but I guess that is the only option.

So for how long are you in Thailand?  Less than  a month?

• 1 month later...

OP, same thing happened to me and I think you need to somehow cancel the 1st plan that expired and then add new plan. I topped up to be able to add new plan upon expiry and twice drained balance to zero. Fingers crossed as I've again added a small amount in case of emergency call from my airport taxi. I believe the 1st plan was drawing overage charges as long as there is a balance to draw from. 

Archived