Notherenow

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Ru4Real
9 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Assuming you want to keep your Pattaya Line active

Not following you ... why wouldn't it be active regardless of geographic location?

Garzan
10 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Not following you ... why wouldn't it be active regardless of geographic location?

If your "Pattaya only" second telephone goes into storage, or your "Pattaya only" account gets deleted off your primary phone to avoid accidents.

Mostly my thinking more toward people who like to keep some sort of air gap between life at home, and life in Pattaya. It may well be of only limited interest. 

Ru4Real
3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

If your "Pattaya only" second telephone goes into storage, or your "Pattaya only" account gets deleted off your primary phone to avoid accidents.

aha, got you, forgot there are people like that.

Notherenow
3 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I sometimes have the same problem.

My goole translate does not seem to sync when  I select "copy" for Thai text. lately I have had to copy then exit LINE, open google Translate and paste.

It's actually a fairly common problem @Harry Brown I'm not sure if the issue is with the line messaging app Google translate or possibly an underpowered device. I use a Fairley High specced phone and it is rarely a problem. 

But usually the solution is just to open Google Translate and in the copy will all the Google icon to display.

Brianrich1
On 30/12/2017 at 07:48, Iamkanga said:

So I thought I would start this thread with table of contents.

I should also point out that I am an Android user (OnePlus 5) so there may be differences for those using iPhones. 

Another thing worthy of mention. It is probably good practice when you get someone's line credentials to record them outside of the app, because if they are somehow required later, there is no way that I am aware of, to retrieve them once entered into the app.

Contents

1 How to determine if you are blocked (does not appear to work for iphone users) Post #3 Page 1

2 How to set up multiple accounts on the one device Edited (Changed App) Post #13 Page 1

3 How to set up an account without a phone number (Facebook Required) Post #41 Page 2

4 How to contact someone who has blocked you Post #58 Page 3

5 Adding line to your PC Post #60 Page 3

6 Location sharing Post #63 Page 3

7 Muting your line account Post #75 Page 3

8 Hiding vs Blocking and permanently deleting Post #80 Page 4

9 Transferring to a new phone (contacts Edited and messages) Post #103 Page 5

10 Stop the annoying auto popup emojis Post #84 Page 4

11 Reading messages without sending a read receipt Post #110 Page 5

12 Phone number change Post #116 Page 5

13 Disabling the Auto post Functionality for Timeline Post #131 Page 6

14 Built In Thai Translator (Not as good as Google but can help a lot) Post #132 Page 6

15 How to Unsend a message so it is deleted for you and the recipient(s) Post #27 Page 2

16 General Tips posted on this thread by BMs and myself Post #140 Page 6

17 Understanding the relationship between your phone number and your line account #211 Page 9

I am by no means an expert  but have an active interest in understanding how these types of apps work, so I tend to do a fairly deep dive on them. Feel free to ask any questions and I will attempt to answer them.

Very helpful. Now I just need your contact list. 

Notherenow
39 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Mostly my thinking more toward people who like to keep some sort of air gap between life at home, and life in Pattaya. It may well be of only limited interest. 

Possibly a thread outlining how to keep a distinction between home/family life and Monger life. To me there is definitely a need as without sophisticated knowledge it's so easy to get caught out. But there are a myriad of ways to deal with that.

I would do one myself but as you can appreciate I kept a little busy days these days!  :Chained_Desk:

Gary Loei

I'm not a Line user. My wife, like most Thais uses Line. She signed me up and in a short time I had so much crap on my phone that I cancelled it. I suppose there are ways to clean up the mess but it was not worth the effort for me to find them. She likes me to call her because I pay for the calls. No more often then I make phone calls the cost of my calls in a month would not buy a beer.

Notherenow
5 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

I'm not a Line user. My wife, like most Thais uses Line. She signed me up and in a short time I had so much crap on my phone that I cancelled it. I suppose there are ways to clean up the mess but it was not worth the effort for me to find them. She likes me to call her because I pay for the calls. No more often then I make phone calls the cost of my calls in a month would not buy a beer.

Well I'm pleased you had just enough patience to learn how to use the computer so you could share your post with us. 

Garzan
5 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

In my opinion, the most important lesson/skill to learn when installing Line is how to turn off notifications. That is particularly essential in any Line group I'm a member of. :-)

(Actually, knowing how to turn off notifications for any smartphone application in general is a very useful skill to have.)