Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

Notherenow

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Recommended Posts

Ru4Real
9 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Assuming you want to keep your Pattaya Line active

Not following you ... why wouldn't it be active regardless of geographic location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
10 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Not following you ... why wouldn't it be active regardless of geographic location?

If your "Pattaya only" second telephone goes into storage, or your "Pattaya only" account gets deleted off your primary phone to avoid accidents.

Mostly my thinking more toward people who like to keep some sort of air gap between life at home, and life in Pattaya. It may well be of only limited interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

If your "Pattaya only" second telephone goes into storage, or your "Pattaya only" account gets deleted off your primary phone to avoid accidents.

aha, got you, forgot there are people like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
3 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I sometimes have the same problem.

My goole translate does not seem to sync when  I select "copy" for Thai text. lately I have had to copy then exit LINE, open google Translate and paste.

 

It's actually a fairly common problem @Harry Brown I'm not sure if the issue is with the line messaging app Google translate or possibly an underpowered device. I use a Fairley High specced phone and it is rarely a problem. 

But usually the solution is just to open Google Translate and in the copy will all the Google icon to display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brianrich1
On 30/12/2017 at 07:48, Iamkanga said:

 

So I thought I would start this thread with table of contents.

I should also point out that I am an Android user (OnePlus 5) so there may be differences for those using iPhones. 

Another thing worthy of mention. It is probably good practice when you get someone's line credentials to record them outside of the app, because if they are somehow required later, there is no way that I am aware of, to retrieve them once entered into the app.

 

Contents

1 How to determine if you are blocked (does not appear to work for iphone users) Post #3 Page 1

2 How to set up multiple accounts on the one device Edited (Changed App) Post #13 Page 1

3 How to set up an account without a phone number (Facebook Required) Post #41 Page 2

4 How to contact someone who has blocked you Post #58 Page 3

5 Adding line to your PC Post #60 Page 3

6 Location sharing Post #63 Page 3

7 Muting your line account Post #75 Page 3

8 Hiding vs Blocking and permanently deleting Post #80 Page 4

9 Transferring to a new phone (contacts Edited and messages) Post #103 Page 5

10 Stop the annoying auto popup emojis Post #84 Page 4

11 Reading messages without sending a read receipt Post #110 Page 5

12 Phone number change Post #116 Page 5

13 Disabling the Auto post Functionality for Timeline Post #131 Page 6

14 Built In Thai Translator (Not as good as Google but can help a lot) Post #132 Page 6

15 How to Unsend a message so it is deleted for you and the recipient(s) Post #27 Page 2

16 General Tips posted on this thread by BMs and myself Post #140 Page 6

17 Understanding the relationship between your phone number and your line account #211 Page 9

 

I am by no means an expert  but have an active interest in understanding how these types of apps work, so I tend to do a fairly deep dive on them. Feel free to ask any questions and I will attempt to answer them.

 

Very helpful. Now I just need your contact list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
39 minutes ago, Garzan said:

If your "Pattaya only" second telephone goes into storage, or your "Pattaya only" account gets deleted off your primary phone to avoid accidents.

Mostly my thinking more toward people who like to keep some sort of air gap between life at home, and life in Pattaya. It may well be of only limited interest. 

Possibly a thread outlining how to keep a distinction between home/family life and Monger life. To me there is definitely a need as without sophisticated knowledge it's so easy to get caught out. But there are a myriad of ways to deal with that.

I would do one myself but as you can appreciate I kept a little busy days these days!  :Chained_Desk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary Loei

I'm not a Line user. My wife, like most Thais uses Line. She signed me up and in a short time I had so much crap on my phone that I cancelled it. I suppose there are ways to clean up the mess but it was not worth the effort for me to find them. She likes me to call her because I pay for the calls. No more often then I make phone calls the cost of my calls in a month would not buy a beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
5 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

I'm not a Line user. My wife, like most Thais uses Line. She signed me up and in a short time I had so much crap on my phone that I cancelled it. I suppose there are ways to clean up the mess but it was not worth the effort for me to find them. She likes me to call her because I pay for the calls. No more often then I make phone calls the cost of my calls in a month would not buy a beer.

Well I'm pleased you had just enough patience to learn how to use the computer so you could share your post with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
5 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

I'm not a Line user. My wife, like most Thais uses Line. She signed me up and in a short time I had so much crap on my phone that I cancelled it. I suppose there are ways to clean up the mess but it was not worth the effort for me to find them. She likes me to call her because I pay for the calls. No more often then I make phone calls the cost of my calls in a month would not buy a beer.

In my opinion, the most important lesson/skill to learn when installing Line is how to turn off notifications. That is particularly essential in any Line group I'm a member of. :-)

(Actually, knowing how to turn off notifications for any smartphone application in general is a very useful skill to have.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider0064

Acidently deleted my LINE account now it's asking me to enter my phone number all well and good but I'm back in the UK and my account is with my Thai sim which the code will be sent to to reinstate the account, is there any other way round this other than wait till I'm back in Thailand ?

Yes I could enter my UK number bu t pretty sure I will lose all my contacts in doing this?

Any thoughts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
15 hours ago, spider0064 said:

Any thoughts ?

For the future, yes., Next time you get into your Line account be sure to go into Settings --> Account and set an email address. After you've done that, you should not have the same problem in the future. 

As for now, just relax and wait for your next trip and hope your Thailand phone carrier does not delete your phone account in the mean time. :-)

Now, all that said, I am a big proponent of having a Pattaya visits gmail address _and_ using the address book attached to that address to store all your Line, Tinder, Badoo, whatever contacts in the address book. The "Notes" field comes in very handy and lets you keep track of far more information than a Line contact. It's especially handy for making a note (lol) of the Line UserID so you can reconnect if something unexpected happens with your Line application. Don't forget to save a Line photo to put into the Google address book so you've a reminder of who the heck 'thaigurrl47' is. :-) 555

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider0064
4 hours ago, Garzan said:

For the future, yes., Next time you get into your Line account be sure to go into Settings --> Account and set an email address. After you've done that, you should not have the same problem in the future. 

As for now, just relax and wait for your next trip and hope your Thailand phone carrier does not delete your phone account in the mean time. :-)

Now, all that said, I am a big proponent of having a Pattaya visits gmail address _and_ using the address book attached to that address to store all your Line, Tinder, Badoo, whatever contacts in the address book. The "Notes" field comes in very handy and lets you keep track of far more information than a Line contact. It's especially handy for making a note (lol) of the Line UserID so you can reconnect if something unexpected happens with your Line application. Don't forget to save a Line photo to put into the Google address book so you've a reminder of who the heck 'thaigurrl47' is. :-) 555

 

Now the thing is I did register an email address but now I want to retrieve my account it's asking first for my phone number to which it will send a code for me to enter which is a Thai number so I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm back to reset it, not too long as I'm planning on being back mid Jan. 

I will have a look at the gmail option you mention once I'm sorted.

Thanks 

Edited by spider0064

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
12 hours ago, spider0064 said:

Now the thing is I did register an email address but now I want to retrieve my account it's asking first for my phone number to which it will send a code for me to enter which is a Thai number so I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm back to reset it, not too long as I'm planning on being back mid Jan. 

I will have a look at the gmail option you mention once I'm sorted.

Thanks 

Okay, I got a little bit better information from a friend that knows far more details about Line than I do. Passing it along ...

"When you set up your new line account the phone number is only used for verification and is not relevant to the account so he could use his home number and it would not affect anything. As part of the setup process you select whether it is a new phone or a previously used in which it will display an account name option, in his case he would select new or no that is not me and he would then use his email account to restore his contacts. Unfortunately there is no way of restoring his chats unless they were previously backed up." 

It's a little annoying that there is no way I'm aware of to go see a contact's LineID once you've got the contact. That's why I write the LineID as a note in my Gmail address book. 

And I have to admit that my own Line has been working so well for so long that there are details I forget. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider0064
7 hours ago, Garzan said:

Okay, I got a little bit better information from a friend that knows far more details about Line than I do. Passing it along ...

"When you set up your new line account the phone number is only used for verification and is not relevant to the account so he could use his home number and it would not affect anything. As part of the setup process you select whether it is a new phone or a previously used in which it will display an account name option, in his case he would select new or no that is not me and he would then use his email account to restore his contacts. Unfortunately there is no way of restoring his chats unless they were previously backed up." 

It's a little annoying that there is no way I'm aware of to go see a contact's LineID once you've got the contact. That's why I write the LineID as a note in my Gmail address book. 

And I have to admit that my own Line has been working so well for so long that there are details I forget. :-) 

Thanks for this, yes I entered my home number and it then gave me the option of new or retrieve old account so all back up and running again.

thanks again for your help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.