IGNORED

Looking for 1 year cheap condo

Tornado Red

park lane in jomtien. many rooms 8000 bahts,

great condo

I have a condo at Nirun which will be free beginning early April. The price is right (6,000 for 36 sqm on a year's contract), but it's on higher floor (9th). There is a lift/elevator. It's a very nice condo if you're interested--the current tenant is a board member who's going home in April.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:54, frenchmika said:

park lane in Jomtien. many rooms 8000 bahts,

great condo

Thanks frenchmika. Looks really good value for 8000 baht a month.

Another to add to my list for when I arrive.

48 minutes ago, Tornado Red said:

Thanks frenchmika. Looks really good value for 8000 baht a month.

Another to add to my list for when I arrive.

As I said in my earlier post, you’d need your own transport if you stayed there - or spend daily on mototaxis etc.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

As I said in my earlier post, you’d need your own transport if you stayed there - or spend daily on mototaxis etc.

Is this too far to walk from the baht bus route on Jomtien beach road. Does the baht bus go as far as Bun Kanchana Alley. If it does, I would be happy enough to walk the 10 minutes to Park Lane. 

7 hours ago, Tornado Red said:

Is this too far to walk from the baht bus route on Jomtien beach road. Does the baht bus go as far as Bun Kanchana Alley. If it does, I would be happy enough to walk the 10 minutes to Park Lane. 

Honestly, you won’t want to walk from Park Lane to Beach Road and back every time you go somewhere - especially at night. It would be fine to stroll it during the day when you’re just pottering about but not with shopping, in heavy rain, in the extreme humidity at times. It can also be pretty isolated that far down Jomtien especially at night.

Yes the baht bus goes down Beach Rd that far - usually as far as Chayiuprek - but you really would end up using taxis etc at least some of the time. Even one return trip daily will add 3000 baht a month to your costs. I think one of the condos down there as a shuttle, at least during the day, but not sure which one.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 hours ago, davidge said:

15 min to walk to the beach for baht bus, free shuttle service every hour from condo

by night i remember everytime i take baht bus until jomtien beach soi 11 then take motobike 30 baht if im lazy to walk.

but walk is good for health and we have time :)

On 04/02/2018 at 08:29, Tornado Red said:

Its obviously personal opinion but I would not give anything that far out a chance. I agree with Daveidges comments and where Frenchmika has shown options I think they would become annoying after a dozen or so times, a 15 minute walk to a 20+ minute baht bus is far from convenient, IMO. Obviously plenty of people make it work but hard to know how they live day to day. I think there are better options in better locations if you are prepared to look. Which is a quality you have already displayed! :)

Just remember to look at your daily habits and consider them when choosing your place. I know your changing countries but your not changing personalities! 

5 hours ago, frenchmika said:

by night i remember everytime i take baht bus until Jomtien beach soi 11 then take motobike 30 baht if im lazy to walk.

but walk is good for health and we have time

People have been mugged and much worse walking along there late at night.

I doubt that this was much good for their health.

Areas like those around Jomtien Complex and View Talays 1, 2, 5 and 7 are much safer, I think, with shops open and people around at pretty much all hours.

There are many other side roads off Jomtien 2nd Road that I would not walk down at night either.

• 2 weeks later...

davidge, Iamkanga and KittenKong your advice has been taken in. Park Lane and others in that area are going to be too far out for me. 

The other day I noticed signs outside Supalai Mare (Theprasit Road) advertising rentals from 7,000B. It's a new high-rise but I have no idea how big or nice such units would be, and there may be issues with nearby music venues. About 5 minutes walk from the corner of Thappraya.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 02:20, KittenKong said:

The other day I noticed signs outside Supalai Mare (Theprasit Road) advertising rentals from 7,000B. It's a new high-rise but I have no idea how big or nice such units would be, and there may be issues with nearby music venues. About 5 minutes walk from the corner of Thappraya.

Thanks KittenKong. Somewhere else for me to check out.

Archived