IGNORED

Looking for 1 year cheap condo

Tornado Red

I will be arriving in Pattaya in March. I will be staying in a guest house/ hotel for my first 2 weeks then renting a condo.

I will be renting my condo for 1 year. If things work out I will be staying for quite some time.

Rent 8000b maximum per month.

I have seen several I like on websites, but I would like to pointed in the direction of a few that are not on any sites or are cheaper if possible.

if any PA members are looking to rent their condos for a year at 8000b a month please send me a message.

Low floors only though. 1,2,3 floor is fine.

A quiet area is fine as long as I can get good internet.

Hope I am not asking too much.

Also would like a pool if possible.

Unfortunately you are no going to get much for 8000 baht a month. Maybe a studio in a decent condo building. But I doubt that. 

8000 is kind of what you might call a "gray area" that exists between a newer Thai style apartment and a Western style condo. 

6 hours ago, Tornado Red said:

Rent 8000b maximum per month.

Low floors only though. 1,2,3 floor is fine.

A quiet area is fine as long as I can get good internet.

Also would like a pool if possible.

Possible in Jomtien. Unlikely in Pattaya.

Look at View Talay 1 and Baan Suan Lalana.

You dont mention transport at all but this is something you need to consider very carefully.

Try these, you'll find some for 8000 or less.

http://www.renthub.in.th/en

Bahtsold.com

Guesthouses can be found in the 6000 area, you need to do leg work to find a good value quality one.

You can also go really low 3000+ if you have to, renthub shows those

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Possible in Jomtien. Unlikely in Pattaya.

Look at View Talay 1 and Baan Suan Lalana.

You dont mention transport at all but this is something you need to consider very carefully.

I have been looking at Baan Suan Lalana on the internet for the last few weeks and it seems ideal. I intend to have a look when I get to Pattaya.

Studio condo is what I am after. I know I will not get anything bigger for 8000b a month.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Try these, you'll find some for 8000 or less.

http://www.renthub.in.th/en

Bahtsold.com

Guesthouses can be found in the 6000 area, you need to do leg work to find a good value quality one.

You can also go really low 3000+ if you have to, renthub shows those

Renthub and bahtsold seem to have exactly what I am looking for.

6 hours ago, soi16 said:

Nirun Condo. About 5000b/month.

Think I have seen Nirun Condo on the internet before.

Many thanks to everyone for the replies.

If you are considering Suan Lalana its a long way from central pattaya almost Na Jomtien.

Then you can find many at that distance.

Call or PM me when you arrive I may have an apartment in Jada Beach available.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I beg to differ.

A friend of mine rents an apartment in Phra Tamnak for 8k and it's decent.

Apart 1a.JPG

Apart 3a.jpg

Apart1.jpg

It certainly looks good.

I will need to google the property and see if there is anything else available.

Thanks JamJar

It certainly looks good.
I will need to google the property and see if there is anything else available.
Thanks JamJar
Just a note to be considerate of. That apartment above with the pictures only has room for bar fridge. When I was looking a year ago there were a number of complexes set up like this.

It might not be important for you but there is simply no way I could do that for an extended period.

You know your budget and how much you can afford to spend but just be mindful if you are spending a year here there is a fairly good chance you will spend a fair portion of that in the room. When I arrived it was my number one priority to make sure I was comfortable so I could not blame my accommodation if I wasn't enjoying Thailand.

I guess what I'm saying is try not to let what could could amount to $20 a week compromise your choice. Because even on the strictest budget it really is a nothing number.

Best of luck

easy to find a rental at 8k just keep cool and start looking closer to march  .

deal with owners direct and avoid agencys 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

On 08/01/2018 at 02:50, Iamkanga said:

You know your budget and how much you can afford to spend but just be mindful if you are spending a year here there is a fairly good chance you will spend a fair portion of that in the room. When I arrived it was my number one priority to make sure I was comfortable so I could not blame my accommodation if I wasn't enjoying Thailand.

Yep really worth spending more on your accommodation if you are looking at spending a year in one place.upping the budget by 5K a month makes a hell of a lot of difference to the accommodation available.

If you are on a low budget you will be spending a lot of time at home.

easy to find a rental at 8k just keep cool and start looking closer to march  .
deal with owners direct and avoid agencys 
Unfortunately that's a lot easier said than done. Even the argument of going directly to the condo in my experience doesn't really reduce the price a great deal. But that is definitely the easiest way to find Owner Direct property. Or FB groups though that is patchy at best.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:50, Iamkanga said:

Just a note to be considerate of. That apartment above with the pictures only has room for bar fridge. When I was looking a year ago there were a number of complexes set up like this.

Thanks Iamkanga. Something to bear in mind when looking at condos.

Thanks also to Larssonn and Pheat. 

I have several studios saved into my laptop favourites. Hopefully a few are still available when I arrive. They are all 8000b a month. I am quite happy with a studio as long as it has a euro kitchen and somewhere to sit and watch tv, other than the bed. 

On 13/01/2018 at 22:30, Tornado Red said:

Thanks Iamkanga. Something to bear in mind when looking at condos.

Thanks also to Larssonn and Pheat. 

I have several studios saved into my laptop favourites. Hopefully a few are still available when I arrive. They are all 8000b a month. I am quite happy with a studio as long as it has a euro kitchen and somewhere to sit and watch tv, other than the bed. 

Might also be worth looking on advertisement boards outside supermarkets, for instance the food market at the jomtien bus station always have plenty of places advertised for rent. 

Somebody already mentioned nirun condo ... 

Limited budget means more time in room (already been mentioned) but a little extra for a decent room (large TV/direct internet/kitchen/balcony/pool/gym) ... all these things will help prevent cabin fever setting in on a 1 year stay. 

Very much a buyer’s market now.

Look at noticeboards in buildings you think may suit you and make an offer. Even if the rent asked is 10-12, some owners will be happy to rent at 8 for a full year’s rental!

You still haven’t mentioned your transport situation? Places well off baht bus routes will be cheaper but you’d then need to consider transport costs. Will you have a bike? Will you be using mototaxis? No point saving a couple of thousand on rent if you end up having to pay 60 baht or more each way when you go anywhere.

VT1 was mentioned. That could certainly be in your price range and is on a baht bus route. You may even find something in VT2 in the current market if you’re really lucky. Lots of newer builds in Pratumnak with smaller units have owners struggling to find tenants as well.

Places like Nirun, Baan Suan Lalana, Park Lane etc really require your own transport.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Another quick point.

I would explore the option of six months telling them if you're happy with everything you will stay another 6. Just in case you find it's not what you wanted.

I have been in my condo for over a year and have always done it on 6 month leases. You never know when something might change.

Also just as a small example or the condo market. In my complex there is one complete block that has never had people living in it for at least the time I have been here must be around a 100 units. Not to mention probably 30% of the rest of the complex that has never been lived in and some of the buildings are 9 years old. Down the road not 500 m it is a massive complex going up which will have upward of 500 units and ready for renting in the next 3 or 4 months I would guess. So im guessing still a renters market...

Check on the electric rate.  If you can get it at the PEA rate of less than 4 baht a unit otherwise you could be charged anywhere from 6 to 10 baht a unit.  As mentioned earlier, the cheapest monthly rate doesn't always equate to your lowest living costs once you factor in utilities, transportation, laundry, gym/swimming,  eating, and entertaining.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:27, golden_boy said:

Might also be worth looking on advertisement boards outside supermarkets, for instance the food market at the Jomtien bus station always have plenty of places advertised for rent. 

I will definitely try here.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:39, davidge said:

Very much a buyer’s market now.

Look at noticeboards in buildings you think may suit you and make an offer. Even if the rent asked is 10-12, some owners will be happy to rent at 8 for a full year’s rental!

You still haven’t mentioned your transport situation? Places well off baht bus routes will be cheaper but you’d then need to consider transport costs. Will you have a bike? Will you be using mototaxis? No point saving a couple of thousand on rent if you end up having to pay 60 baht or more each way when you go anywhere.

VT1 was mentioned. That could certainly be in your price range and is on a baht bus route. You may even find something in VT2 in the current market if you’re really lucky. Lots of newer builds in Pratumnak with smaller units have owners struggling to find tenants as well.

Places like Nirun, Baan Suan Lalana, Park Lane etc really require your own transport.

Baan Suan Lalana does seem a bit out of the way without transport. I do like to walk everywhere but that may be just a bit too far even for me. I haven't decided about transport yet. I may rent a bike for the long term. It will depend on where I stay and the price for the bike. If I can find somewhere on, or a short walk to a baht bus route I will not bother with a bike. 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:05, Iamkanga said:

I would explore the option of six months telling them if you're happy with everything you will stay another 6. Just in case you find it's not what you wanted.

I have been in my condo for over a year and have always done it on 6 month leases. You never know when something might change.

Do you pay more on a monthly basis for a 6 month lease rather than the 1 year lease?

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 13:25, usexpat46 said:

Check on the electric rate.  If you can get it at the PEA rate of less than 4 baht a unit otherwise you could be charged anywhere from 6 to 10 baht a unit.  As mentioned earlier, the cheapest monthly rate doesn't always equate to your lowest living costs once you factor in utilities, transportation, laundry, gym/swimming,  eating, and entertaining.

I remember reading on this site a couple of years ago about Government electricity being the cheapest. 

I will only be taking a lease on a condo if it is Government rates.

Thanks everyone.

40 minutes ago, Tornado Red said:

I will definitely try here.

Baan Suan Lalana does seem a bit out of the way without transport. I do like to walk everywhere but that may be just a bit too far even for me. I haven't decided about transport yet. I may rent a bike for the long term. It will depend on where I stay and the price for the bike. If I can find somewhere on, or a short walk to a baht bus route I will not bother with a bike. 

Do you pay more on a monthly basis for a 6 month lease rather than the 1 year lease?

I remember reading on this site a couple of years ago about Government electricity being the cheapest. 

Thanks everyone.

Round about 4 baht a unit for gov tates you need mate.

3 hours ago, Tornado Red said:

All electricity is supplied by government agencies. The price the government charges is entirely standard, though there are different tariffs for different uses. Notably the residential tariff is much lower than the business tariff.

Condos/houses that are company owned and being used for rental purposes may be paying the business tariff, so you may expect to pay more in those.

If you pay an official electricity bill directly yourself at the 7/11 then you should be paying only the official tariff, be it residential or business. If you are paying an agent or a landlord then you may be being charged some supplement on top of the official tariff. Any such supplement is entirely negotiable, though the basic tariff is not.

Official bills look something like this, though the format does change from time to time:

post-1021-0-47219200-1383438116.png

3 hours ago, Tornado Red said:

Thanks everyone.

Varying rates depends entirely on the individual condo owner, but as a rule most owners charge less on longer stays.  At my condo we have some tenants that have lived here for at least 4 years.

The PEA (Provincial Electricity Authority) rate should only be a factor in determining where you rent.  One shouldn't eliminate a higher rate if the savings on electricity means you're renting units at a higher monthly rate.

Just stumbled on this and thought it worth a share. Soi 7 is probably the main action Soi in Jomtien. Just as a reference at least. TBH in looks fucking cheap but has been around for more than a month in high season!

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:35, Iamkanga said:

Just stumbled on this and thought it worth a share. Soi 7 is probably the main action Soi in Jomtien. Just as a reference at least. TBH in looks fucking cheap but has been around for more than a month in high season!

Thanks again Iamkanga. 

Archived