Sign in to follow this  
biggsy

Udon thani guest house

biggsy

Hey guys, does anyone know of guesthouses in Udon Thani that would be close to bars, and of a good standard, something like Boomerang Bar or The Hideaway. 

Thanks. 

I'm heading to udon Thani on January, 1. I have booked at the top mansion, it's a hotel , rooms 550-650, right on the strip with girlie bars, restaurants etc, and a few hundred metres from the mall. Tons of variety of accomadation on this soi,

biggsy

Sounds good, hope you have a great time, let me know your thoughts when you are done. A review of your time in Udon Thani would be appreciated. And if you come across a nice guesthouse can you let me know please. 

Thanks. 

Mognam

Yeah, I've stayed at the Top Mansion a couple of times and will be staying there again in February.  I thought it was good value for the price.  It is on the main monger street.  Very close to the action.  I'm not sure if there are any guest houses on that street.

Anyway Top Mansion gets my vote.

I have stayed at a few different hotels along the strip, all were nice and priced well.

after reading reviews, I thought I would give top mansion a try.

Ohyesuare

The bars and the women in Udon Thani seemed pretty bad when I was there a few years ago.

Garzan

As a resident, I'd have to agree with Top Mansion. It's right on "Soi Farang", such that it is. Walk out the front door, turn right, walk to the corner, turn left to Nutty Park (another tiny bar area) or turn right to get to Central Mall. I'd also agree with the observation if you're coming to Udon Thani to look for purchasable companionship, it's far better to stay in Pattaya. :-) If you were looking to stay for a while and find a GF, it's a great place. If you're more interested in the GF du jour, there is a fair chance of being disappointed. 

On another note, going out of Top Mansion and going left, Sampan Fish and Chips is pretty good, and they actually have cod on the menu. (And an Aussie owner.)

Oh, yet another note, I'm fond of Good Corner Bar at the entrance to Nutty Park for breakfast.

Edited by Garzan
breakfast

biggsy

Tell me he does flake and I'm all over it. Lol

how good is that,  having an Aussie fish and chip shop in town. 

biggsy

Booked @home for 5 nights, arriving 2nd May. The countdown is on. 

Mognam
19 minutes ago, biggsy said:

Booked @home for 5 nights, arriving 2nd May. The countdown is on. 

Heard @home is good.  Although one member here did say that the wifi can be weak at times.  Shouldn't matter unless you need it for work.

Right next to the Irish bar, think it's called the Irish Clock.  Got some good food there.  Also right in the middle of the action.

biggsy

Wi fi not an issue, I usually just catch up on news at home once a day , I'm sure bars or restaurants will have wi fi sufficient for my needs.