Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here

Sjcsurf

Looking for some pro advice on Saigon and Vung Tau

Sjcsurf

Hey guys, I have an upcoming trip to Ho Chi Minh City and Vung Tau next week, Dec 23 to 29, coming from US. Unfortunately my buddy from Bangkok that was going to meet me there is stuck in the US through the New Year and can't make it now, so I'll be traveling solo. I've read about the hotel policies about trying to make sure I'm in a "girl friendly" hotel, but it seems that even those are not always consistent, when it comes to the various lists I've seen. I saw "Liberty Central Saigon Centre hotel" on a couple lists, so I thought I'd give that a try. But, of course, on the hotels.com confirmation email, it tells you flat out "Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage"... I'm sure they have to write that on every Vietnam hotel confirmation page, but I was wondering, first, does anyone personally know this hotel and can relay any experience? And, even if not this hotel, how do you generally let the desk know that you plan to bring back a guest later in the evening? Do you make at clear when you check in? Or, do you just play nonchalant and bring the girl straight to the desk assuming you can take her right up, like in Pattaya?

And how about any suggestions for Vung Tau? I want to take that in for a couple days, kinda so that I can say I surfed in Vietnam! So, planning to go the the Vung Tau Beach Club. Are there any "girl friendly" hotels nearby? Or, any recommendations? The internet is pretty sparse on Vung Tau hotel suggestions...  There was a writeup on the Stickman Bangkok site, where the guy described a place called Green hotel, so if nothing else, I might just have to assume there's a good chance that's girl friendly, haha!

Thanks a lot for any help!

CyberPro

There is a search field at the top right of this thread. I'd start there, pending input from the relatively few who post on Vietnam threads here. 

You can also try searching YouTube by Vietnam-related topics, possibly ask the YouTube poster specific questions. 

I'm sure the locals would be happy to provide advice, especially if there's a financial incentive in it for them. Most you ask will no doubt be SURE that's the case. ;)

Enjoy your trip

The Serpent

@sjcsurf

Don't know if you can change hotels at this late stage, but I have stayed at the Ho Sen 3 times over the last 5 years and have never had an issue bringing a different lady back

lvartist

Can't comment on Vung Tau, but,  in HCMC I observed couples (not married) staying together everywhere.  According to an experienced hotel manager I met,  couples and "girl friendly"  hotels are common place.  

Sjcsurf

Thanks for the replies guys. Like I said, I booked after reading a lot of info on various "girl friendly" hotel links, so crossing my fingers that I'll be ok. Only booked for 3 days in HCMC so far, so I guess if it doesn't go well, at least it's not for so long, haha! I'll add to the conversation later to pass along my experience. Thanks!

LRanger

I read and get info from friends that Vietnam is much different to Thailand. Ideally find a local guy that can give advice.

Many hotels are not GF for sure.

Skins

Check the link in my sig line for a bunch of Vietnam content. I was just living there for three years. Here's a post on guest friendly hotels in Saigon.  http://singlemansparadise.com/guest-friendly-hotels-in-saigon-vietnam/

There are short time rooms all over the place in both Saigon and Vung Tau. The girls know where they are. I don't like bringing pros to my room so I usually shag them in a short time hotel. It's usually only $3-4 dollars depending how long you take. 

There's a bunch of girly bars around front beach in Vung Tau. Most of the chicks there are cold blooded vultures but some fun can be had. They are a lot more conservative than the Thai bar girls. And a lot of them won't even go with you... But of course everyone has a price. Still there's a lot of real sexy chicks that will go for 1.5-2 million. Not cheap. 

You can also try WeChat. Lots of freelancers and you can get some bargains. Beware the bait and switch where they send another broad that's not the same as the pic. Happy hunting. 

Kingkong21

just spend 5$ in short time room, it is very common in Vung tau and Saigon ( these hotel typically has a sign that advertise their hourly rate and night rate out side like 100K vnd /hour )

NorCalKid
On 12/20/2017 at 17:02, The Serpent said:

@sjcsurf

Don't know if you can change hotels at this late stage, but I have stayed at the Ho Sen 3 times over the last 5 years and have never had an issue bringing a different lady back

I stayed at the Ho Sen earlier this week.   No issues bringing lady back and bellboy offering to call girls for me.    Apocolipse Now night club next door has hot FLers(didnt take one from there and kinda regret it).   I liked the Ho Sen but it's in the highest end part of town.   Moved to the other side of the tourist area where everything's cheaper (but less working girls).  Mongering is better in the Ho Sen area but better touristy stuff on the other side of the high end strip. (market area where they close streets to vehicles at Night) 

seal
2 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

I stayed at the Ho Sen earlier this week.   No issues bringing lady back and bellboy offering to call girls for me.    Apocolipse Now night club next door has hot FLers(didnt take one from there and kinda regret it).   I liked the Ho Sen but it's in the highest end part of town.   Moved to the other side of the tourist area where everything's cheaper (but less working girls).  Mongering is better in the Ho Sen area but better touristy stuff on the other side of the high end strip. (market area where they close streets to vehicles at Night) 

what were you paying for room and ladies over there.

i know apocolipse is a rip off place. 

NorCalKid
5 hours ago, seal said:

what were you paying for room and ladies over there.

i know apocolipse is a rip off place. 

Just stayed one night in Ho Sen, $40, 2 beds.   Got there late from airport and just took last room available(Ho Sen is cheaper if you pay in dollars.   Moved over by the market and was paying 670k for a nice room. (both prices include breakfast).  I recommend reservations. Several places I looked at were full. A $30 room in HCMC is way nicer than a $30 room in BKK.  

Taxi lady 1m($45),  one of if not the worst p4p expierences of my life. 

Benny's 400k BJ

The p4p in HCMC is terrible imo.  I got to the point of thinking fuck it,  I'll just save my money for Sihnookville, PP,  and Pattaya.   Left this morning. 

Not trying to discourage you from Saigon.   I really liked the city and the people.   Just the mongering sucked. 

NorCalKid

In Vung Tau.  The mongering sucks here.   Very few girls.   BF 500k, OK so try to BF.   Then it's before 1am have to buy 4 more LDs and pay 500k.  There are some PP style hostess bars and some shop style BBs.  Pattaya BB quality,  nothing like the girls in HCMC.   Probably just guna go to bed, get a bike in the morning, go exploring.  

Corner bar actually had cute ladies.  Bought lady a drink.   Then find out no BF at that bar. 

I have a flight for Sihnookville on the 27th.  I'd leave tomorrow if I could. 

seal
11 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

In Vung Tau.  The mongering sucks here.   Very few girls.   BF 500k, OK so try to BF.   Then it's before 1am have to buy 4 more LDs and pay 500k.  There are some PP style hostess bars and some shop style BBs.  Pattaya BB quality,  nothing like the girls in HCMC.   Probably just guna go to bed, get a bike in the morning, go exploring.  

Corner bar actually had cute ladies.  Bought lady a drink.   Then find out no BF at that bar. 

I have a flight for Sihnookville on the 27th.  I'd leave tomorrow if I could. 

massage places in some hotels are like brothels is what i read about V.T..pay one price for ticket and anywhere up to a mil to girl for full service..negotiate  hard is the only way in VN..try choose the girl you want instead of next girl up.

NorCalKid
20 hours ago, seal said:

massage places in some hotels are like brothels is what i read about V.T..pay one price for ticket and anywhere up to a mil to girl for full service..negotiate  hard is the only way in VN..try choose the girl you want instead of next girl up.

I am just kinda chilling out.   Decided the P4P is such mechanical shit here it's not worth the bother.  I will be in Cambodia in two days. Just kind of holding out till I get to Cambodia and saving my money for there.  

Darksider11

Just got back from Saigon yesterday. Stayed at the Ho Sen for 4 nights. hotel is run down and the breakfast was diabolical, the worst that I have had in any hotel in the world, shocking. Streets in Saigon are very dirty but the streets around the hotel were the worst in Saigon. A long way from Bui Vien street, much too far to walk. There were some hostess bars in the area but high end clip joints.

Went in Apocolypse now on the first night. Reminded me of a grotty 70's back street disco. More security than customers. Clearly a dodgy place.

On the last night was drinking and eating in Phattys Bar as we had done every night. Met a Swedish guy who lived and worked in Saigon and he offered to take us to 17 Saloon which was nearby. My wingman declined as he had had enough of Saigon but I accepted.

Went upstairs and the music and the Phillipino band were what could loosely described as hip hop/ techno. Had a couple of drinks there and as it wasn't my scene or the Swedish guys, went to the downstairs bar. The Phillipino band were just coming on and were clearly a heavy metal band and we sat right in front of the stage. They were by far the best band I have ever seen in Asia. I put in a couple of requests for 2 of my favourite Guns n Roses numbers which they preformed superbly. The whole place was rocking, especially me and my new found friend! The band eventually finished at around 3 and we jumped in a taxi. Dropped my mate at his hotel and went back to the Ho Sen. Got out of the taxi outside Apocalypse Now and due to having my juices stimulated by the 2 seriously hot girls in the band and having quite a few sherberts, decided to go in.

Even before I ordered a drink, I saw a pair of large white eyes staring at me through the darkness. Went up to the girl and offered her a drink. We went to a quieter more well lit part of the bar and ordered a drink. Stunning girl, great figure and very attractive face. Really fun girl who told me that she had just come over from Nigeria a couple of weeks before. Got our drinks and I started negotiations. She asked for 100 USD which she told me was 2.5 million Dong. I offered 1 million and we quickly settled for 1.5 million Dong (65USD, 2000THB).

Was literally in and out of the place in less than 15 minutes. As we left, doorman gave me a huge grin and a double thumbs up. I think he was impressed!

Got zero sleep as we had fun until 7am when the girl left and I went for my shite breakfast. Wingman didn't believe me until I showed him the photos.

In summation, avoid Ho Sen hotel, like the plague. Do visit 17 Saloon, if you like metal you'll love the band, at its best from 11pm onwards.

Loved the Vietnamese people, even friendlier and more fun than Thais. War Museum is a must visit. Had me in tears.

Taxis are extremely cheap and essential as road traffic is a nightmare.

Vietnamese girls are very pretty but small and very thin, classic spinners, never saw one fat bar girl.

Go with an open mind and don't try to compare it to Pattaya and you'll have a great time!

kgbagent

17 Saloon is great - used to be on riverside where they had an amazing Filopino band - now they are more heavy metal but they are bloody good