Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

looking for a long term rental.

lolokalbo

We will be moving out of our 2 bedroom condo is a few months and looking for a 1+ bedroom. We are having to many problems with water leaks in walls, water heaters not working and now a broken washing machine.  

The place is nice but owner/agent lacks the interest in repairing anything. 

What we need is a larger 1 bedroom 55+ sqm condo, LARGE frig, washing machine that works.  The kitchen needs to be a good size because we cook and a REAL oven would be a plus. :)   Sorry but I'm not paying 20k either. 

thank you. :) 

Just walk into the condo that catches your eye most of them have notice boards or real estate office inside.

Or go air bnb long term rentals where you won't get screwed paying 2 months deposit.

8 hours ago, mcfish said:

Just walk into the condo that catches your eye most of them have notice boards or real estate office inside.

Or go air bnb long term rentals where you won't get screwed paying 2 months deposit.

Airbnb is a nice idea but it's hard to get what we really want. Also bnb is still higher than what the local long term market calls for. We just used bnb in Canada and it does work well for short term (3 month stay).   On top of that, I prefer to meet the owner/agent instead of a computer. :) 

If you do't have an oven or space for a full sized oven, get one of these;

708.jpg

As little as 800 baht from Big C and Makro.

Just as good if not better than a normal oven. No need for preheating either.

Magazine
  • Home
  •  OTTO Halogen Oven 12L CO-708

Details

The taste is delicious. With the OTTO CO-708, you can cook a wide range of dishes, including BBQ and BBQ, with a capacity of 12 liters . Maximum working time is 60 minutes. Maximum temperature is 250 C ° . It is faster than conventional ovens 3-5 timesbetter for health because it does not require oil to cook. Reduce cholesterol. With automatic cleaning function. The safety system immediately cut off when the handle is lifted vertically.

Features

• Can be cooked with baking, barbecue and warm food with a capacity of 12 liters.
  • Up to 60 minutes of talk time and alarm at set time.
  • The pot is made of clear glass material. The unit is heat resistant.
  • Cooking time can be up to 3-5 times faster than conventional ovens. Maximum temperature is 250 C °.
  • No need for cooking oil. Reduce the amount of smoke, smoke and oil do not splash.
  • Function indicator light Time and temperature keys are easy to operate.
  • There is an automatic cleaning function. And can be frozen food.
  • There is a heat dissipating fan making the food cooked all over. And cool to the machine.
  • There are accessories such as grating, height, sieve And catching food
  • Safety cutter when the handle is lifted vertically.
  • No risk of peeling. Ensure you are safe whenever you use it.
  • 1100 watts of power
  • 220 volt power supply
  • 50 Hz frequency
  • Size 37 x 36 x 23 cm
  • Weight 6.6 kg

We will look into the oven thing.  We like baking too and that is another reason for an oven. Cakes, pies and breads then you have a deal. :) 

On 21/12/2017 at 10:22, lolokalbo said:

We will look into the oven thing.  We like baking too and that is another reason for an oven. Cakes, pies and breads then you have a deal. :) 

They are excellent for such things. Girlfriend has baked bread and cakes with it and I do a lot of cooking with it. Every day in fact. 

In fact the one to which I've linked is a convection oven with a fan, as opposed to a halogen oven with a fan.  Halogen ovens can be a bit annoying because of the super bright halogen lamp going on and off.

You'd be glad to have a separate kitchen at that point.

No such issue with the metal ring in the convection oven. Just a discreet red and green indicator.

If you are keen bakers, I'd get the extender ring as an accessory, as the extra distance from the heat source and fan allows certain cakes to firm up at the base a little better.

s-l225.jpg

increase-capacity-5-L-stainless-steel-ex

On 18.12.2017 at 18:25, lolokalbo said:

We will be moving out of our 2 bedroom condo is a few months and looking for a 1+ bedroom. We are having to many problems with water leaks in walls, water heaters not working and now a broken washing machine.  

The place is nice but owner/agent lacks the interest in repairing anything. 

What we need is a larger 1 bedroom 55+ sqm condo, LARGE frig, washing machine that works.  The kitchen needs to be a good size because we cook and a REAL oven would be a plus. :)   Sorry but I'm not paying 20k either. 

thank you. :) 

Can you tell name of condo with leaking walls that others can avoid it ?

Old Fart

1 hour ago, nemopat said:

Can you tell name of condo with leaking walls that others can avoid it ?

I think we need to be clear if he names it that the word condo is short for condominium. that is the building not the apartment.

So if he names the condo then I think it would be unfair to consider all the apartments are bad and avoid staying in the (Condo) in a different appartment.

Better to state the apartment number in the condo. Altho I think it better not to post it on open forum if anyone is interested better to PM you there are possibly big penalties for defaming in Thailand.

And no it is not one of my apartments  and I don't now where it is ( condo).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

If you have your own transportation, and you can handle living out on the Darkside, and not being right in the thick of things, I really enjoyed living at Holland Tulip Resort, off Soi Siam Country Club. It's owned by a Dutch guy and his Thai wife, well maintained, and beautiful landscaping. 

We had a two level, two bedroom, 100 sq mtr place next to the pool for 15,000b per month on a long term (3+ month) contract. Bedrooms and bathroom are up a spiral staircase, open kitchen and livingroom are downstairs. I think the very best part for me was it was absolutely quiet at night. :-) Where I live now is bigger, but no where near as quiet. 

17 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

I think we need to be clear if he names it that the word condo is short for condominium. that is the building not the apartment.

So if he names the condo then I think it would be unfair to consider all the apartments are bad and avoid staying in the (Condo) in a different appartment.

Better to state the apartment number in the condo. Altho I think it better not to post it on open forum if anyone is interested better to PM you there are possibly big penalties for defaming in Thailand.

And no it is not one of my apartments  and I don't now where it is ( condo).

JDM

You are correct at what you wrote. The buildings location is very good, pool is great and gym is better than most condos around. The staff is very good making repairs (painting, fixing doors, electrical repairs, etc,) We just got a lemon apartment with a Russian owner living in Russia. Right now the washer part will take another 40 days before arriving in Bangkok.  Even if the part makes it, the Russian owner has to approve it. :Oops1:What a mind F&*# 

On 12/26/2017 at 06:37, lolokalbo said:

You are correct at what you wrote. The buildings location is very good, pool is great and gym is better than most condos around. The staff is very good making repairs (painting, fixing doors, electrical repairs, etc,) We just got a lemon apartment with a Russian owner living in Russia. Right now the washer part will take another 40 days before arriving in Bangkok.  Even if the part makes it, the Russian owner has to approve it. :Oops1:What a mind F&*# 

A good well balanced response ( what I would expect from you) good luck in your search for an apartment and a good landlord.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 year later...

Considering the thread is/was two years old, I'd bet the OP resolved long-term vs short---term by now. For myself, I've always preferred the longest term I can get, since in general it reduces the monthly cost the most. Short-term rentals are in general much more expensive since the churn on occupancy is much higher. I'd only look at a short-term rental as a bridge to finding a long-term rental. :-)

7 hours ago, Garzan said:

Short-term rentals are in general much more expensive since the churn on occupancy is much higher. I'd only look at a short-term rental as a bridge to finding a long-term rental. :-)

You got that right Garzan!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Lolokalbo have you had any luck in your searches if still looking we can help you get in touch have exactly as you requested many to choose thanks Ron

Line= rentbuythailand

or click my PROFILE FOR MORE

Archived