LaaMok

My crypto journey so far

DaffyDuck
No idea what your rambling on about...I am a believer in the future of crypto.

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious - It’s hard not to have noticed. Som Tam reborn.

taylor1975
58 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

Its 2018 and my GF's parents are not allow to send her or her brother $1,000 from Vietnam to Australia unless they go down to the bank with Visa's and copies of passports and stat decs and gods know what else etc etc. Then it costs like $50 in fees to send it. If its approved. Which last time it wasn't.

Couldn't they have done an electronic bank transfer or paypal or used a multitude of apps like transferwise to send it?

DaffyDuck
People are doing a lot of interesting shit out there with crypto.

Right now, mostly blind speculation pump and dump scams, money laundering, and a plethora of other scams taking advantage of the non-regulated nature of crypto... and it’s great at that.

DaffyDuck
Really? Are you 100% sure? Your an expert on crypto obviously?

- Please list all the many things crypto is effectively being used for right now
- Please list the business’ in Pattaya that accept crypto for transactions.

DaffyDuck
Haha that's pretty obvious. But if you really think crypto's only use is to sell illegal things I have zero interest in educating you otherwise. Enjoy your ingorance!

Conveniently refusing to provide all those many usecases that crypto actively is being used for.... funny how your sort of “enthusiast” just never seems able to answer simple questions.

kramer_456
21 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

Right now, mostly blind speculation pump and dump scams, money laundering, and a plethora of other scams taking advantage of the non-regulated nature of crypto... and it’s great at that.

Yes but lots of other things than that as well.

kramer_456
17 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

- Please list all the many things crypto is effectively being used for right now
- Please list the business’ in Pattaya that accept crypto for transactions.

I've said my peice. I'm not interested in arguing, educating or trying to prove anything to you. Believe whatever you want. I don't give a fuck.

kramer_456
19 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

Conveniently refusing to provide all those many usecases that crypto actively is being used for.... funny how your sort of “enthusiast” just never seems able to answer simple questions.

Doesn't take a lot of research or brains to look into this stuff. Your of the cuff dismissal is amateur hour. But whatever man. Good luck to you! :)

taylor1975
5 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

Your of the cuff dismissal is amateur hour.

Hope you weren't also in charge of the catchy slogan department, in your bank, in 1995 lol

answer to my post #103 is coming soon?

kramer_456
4 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Hope you weren't also in charge of the catchy slogan department, in your bank, in 1995 lol

answer to my post #103 is coming soon?

Haha whatever man! :)

kramer_456
54 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Couldn't they have done an electronic bank transfer or paypal or used a multitude of apps like transferwise to send it?

They were trying to do an electronic transfer. It's a semi communist country. All financial transactions are heavily controlled. You can't just move money like we do in the west. Same with China.

taylor1975
2 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

They were trying to do an electronic transfer. It's a semi communist country. All financial transactions are heavily controlled. You can't just move money like we do in the west. Same with China.

Paypal is available in vietnam ...and china

kramer_456

Maybe. But is that for locals or just foreigners? Doing a search it seems like that might be true for expats but not locals. I'm not sure. But in any case my GF's parents don't know about it. They are quite wealthly business owners and obviously have significant banking relationships/connnections. They have had a lot of issues with sending money to their kids that have been studying in Aust for 5 plus years.

taylor1975
15 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

Maybe. But is that for locals or just foreigners? Doing a search it seems like that might be true for expats but not locals. I'm not sure. But in any case my GF's parents don't know about it. They are quite wealthly business owners and obviously have significant banking relationships/connnections. They have had a lot of issues with sending money to their kids that have been studying in Aust for 5 plus years.

When we get to specifics, you end up guessing? .....and yet call my posts ignorant. 

Your gf's parents told you about their 'significant banking connections' ....over a bowl of pho? :rolleyes: total bs from start to finish lol

kramer_456
25 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

When we get to specifics, you end up guessing? .....and yet call my posts ignorant. 

Your gf's parents told you about their 'significant banking connections' ....over a bowl of pho? :rolleyes: total bs from start to finish lol

WTF are you talking about? I'm telling you about their real experience. What they are telling me about trying to send $ to their kids. They are in their 60's and live in Vietanam. He runs an Engineering company that does major government projects. Your telling me they can use Palpay. They are telling me they can't get money out of the country. I live in Aust. I've got no clue apart from what they are telling me. Want to get to specifics. You tell me.

You're 100% certain that a Veitnamese national can send money to anyone they like using Paypal???

Edited by kramer_456

kramer_456
3 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

Ok. So for me to provide a detailed review of why I think Crypto is a game changer would probably take me 10,000 words of detailed analysis and explaination. I couldn't be fucked really. But you geniuses are giving us half a sentance about why its all a scam.

I'll do you a deal. How about you give us 1000 words in detail about why Crypto will never work and its a complete fraud. Then I'll be happy to address each and every point you make.

taylor1975
3 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

Your telling me they can use Palpay.

I'm gonna say no to this lol :Laugh1:

kramer_456
4 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I'm gonna say no to this lol :Laugh1:

So "when we get to specifics" you actually don't know what your talking about. Ok! I thought so! :/

how122255

Many of these sames 'naysayer' people were saying in the 80's "Why do I need a phone with me all the time?"  and in the 90's  "what is a internet and what good is it anyway when I can go to the library and look up anything"  and then a company called 'Google' -- they really don't make anything so  it is really worthless...This crypto idea is new to many, like so many new ideas before, and in a few years it will be so commonplace that people won't remember when they didn't use it daily ...As it becomes more mainstream, many new adaptations and uses will come forward... As with many threads,  if you don't like what is being said there are many other threads anxiously awaiting your comments...Life is a gamble, except for death, so don't be afraid to take some chances... Taxes can be optional... lol.

rodo555

User case 1 having been ripped off for years by banks when sending money to Thailand I now send crypto from my Revolut bank to girlfriends Revolut card she can the use ATM or bank counter to withdraw takes a few seconds rather than 4/5 days with Hsbc

Pattaya beer bar takes crypto and actually everyone excepts my crypto paid in to Revolut bank and then converted to pay said bill

taylor1975
10 minutes ago, rodo555 said:

User case 1 having been ripped off for years by banks when sending money to Thailand I now send crypto from my Revolut bank to girlfriends Revolut card she can the use ATM or bank counter to withdraw takes a few seconds rather than 4/5 days with Hsbc

As revolut do normal fiat currency transfers, why add in an extra layer and use crypto? .....seems unnecessary and i would have thought extra fees??

rodo555
As revolut do normal fiat currency transfers, why add in an extra layer and use crypto? .....seems unnecessary and i would have thought extra fees??

I take profits from crypto fees very low , my sons only income is from crypto trading he spent six weeks in Thailand still daily trading and paid with crypto using both Revolut and wirex

taylor1975
17 minutes ago, rodo555 said:

I take profits from crypto fees very low , my sons only income is from crypto trading he spent six weeks in Thailand still daily trading and paid with crypto using both Revolut and wirex

The question was about sending money to your girlfriend and why bother converting into crypto, to do so?

asmodeus

The guru, perhaps the greatest investor ever has a clear view