Mognam

Vietnam Visa on Demand?

Mognam

I'm traveling to Vietnam next year on I'm wondering how I go about getting a visa on demand.  I went to the official government site and couldn't work it out.  There is a heap of websites offering the service but I don't know if they can be trusted.

poppyy11

you can use the visa on demand service and collect it at the airport, just use a online service it costs a little extra but they are quite reliable. it takes about an hour to get through immigration with the miserable unhelpful airport staff, just smile and all will be well.  

Sloracer

I did mine on demand through an agency but I found out you end up paying a bit more and also have to wait for processing at the airport. You are better of arranging it in Australia through the Vietnam embassy.

jojomecanic

You'd better get it at a ambassy in your country.

You will not get a visa from online agencies. they will send you a letter that you have to show on arrival, and queue at airport to get the visa with this letter. Of course you will have visa fees at airport.

Geordie59

It depends on where you are from, how long you plan to stay and even your entry and exit points.
Until mid 2018 for example UK citizens can get a 15 day visa on arrival or 30 days online. Not sure what happens after that date though.

usexpat46

When I went to Vietnam in 1999 I went to their consulate in San Francisco, dropped off my passport and returned a week later to pick it up with the visa.  I think the cost was $60.

Mognam

just had a look at another thread and the guys are talking about an eVisa you can get.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/trang-chu-ttdt

I think this is the way to go by the look of it.

thanks for the responses guys.

Edited by Mognam

Sloracer
5 hours ago, Mognam said:

just had a look at another thread and the guys are talking about an eVisa you can get.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/trang-chu-ttdt

I think this is the way to go by the look of it.

thanks for the responses guys.

When I went in June this year E visa wasn't available for Australia, only for select countries.

lesbest77
11 hours ago, poppyy11 said:

you can use the visa on demand service and collect it at the airport, just use a online service it costs a little extra but they are quite reliable. it takes about an hour to get through immigration with the miserable unhelpful airport staff, just smile and all will be well.  

I did the same and if takes too long, they will take off your luggage of the baggage carousel.
Happened to me but fortunately nobody stole them :D.

Edited by lesbest77

Mognam
4 hours ago, Sloracer said:

When I went in June this year E visa wasn't available for Australia, only for select countries.

According to this list eVisa is ok for Australia

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/177489/DSQUOCGIAEVISA/9040cca5-5b83-4581-a5bb-91595a4f5867

I'm going to Ho Chi Min, can you recommend a hotel?

Edited by Mognam

Sloracer
9 hours ago, Mognam said:

According to this list eVisa is ok for Australia

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/177489/DSQUOCGIAEVISA/9040cca5-5b83-4581-a5bb-91595a4f5867

I'm going to Ho Chi Min, can you recommend a hotel?

Great that Aus has been added to the list, should make the process less clumsy.

i can’t remember the name of the hotel I stayed in but if yiu did a search here I did mention it to another asking the same question. I think part of the name was Duong and it was around au$50 a night, good value for the quality’s 

The hotel was in the street parallel to Bui Vien st where all the entertainment action is.

Mognam
11 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

Great that Aus has been added to the list, should make the process less clumsy.

i can’t remember the name of the hotel I stayed in but if yiu did a search here I did mention it to another asking the same question. I think part of the name was Duong and it was around au$50 a night, good value for the quality’s 

The hotel was in the street parallel to Bui Vien st where all the entertainment action is.

I just applied for the eVisa today.  Was charged $25USD.  I don't know if I will still have to pay again once I get there.  Should get it in 3 days.  Will report back here to say if it all worked out.

bfinkay
I did mine on demand through an agency but I found out you end up paying a bit more and also have to wait for processing at the airport. You are better of arranging it in Australia through the Vietnam embassy.
Plus your name DOB nationality passport number us on the letter with 25 other peoples details, who also have the letter.

No way I want that info floating around VN.

Mognam

Got my eVisa.  They didn't email it to me.  I had to go back to the site where I applied for it and download it from there.  I would have thought they would email it.  Now I've gotta find out if I still need to pay for a visa stamp once I get there.  I know with the Cambodian eVisa you don't have to.

Captain Courageous
On 12/6/2017 at 20:02, Geordie59 said:

It depends on where you are from, how long you plan to stay and even your entry and exit points.
Until mid 2018 for example UK citizens can get a 15 day visa on arrival or 30 days online. Not sure what happens after that date though.

Work Camps......

Geordie59
3 hours ago, Captain Courageous said:

Work Camps......

I believe the official terminology is re-education camps.
I've know a few wenches who paid them a visit over the years.

Tidiver

In September I used the government Evisa site. The whole process worked well. You pay the fee on the website and no other fees when you arrive.  

Captain Courageous
3 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I believe the official terminology is re-education camps.
I've know a few wenches who paid them a visit over the years.

Kind of like Pattaya then, a re-education Gulag for farang blokes who've endured bullshit "relationships" with farang bitches !

Mognam
3 hours ago, Tidiver said:

In September I used the government Evisa site. The whole process worked well. You pay the fee on the website and no other fees when you arrive.  

yeah, I found this out today.  I would rather get an eVisa, be all paid up, and then not have to worry about anymore visa hassles once I arrive.  As you said the process worked well.  Now I'm trying to decide on a hotel room.  I've got a bit of a short list happening but if any of you have a suggestions I would be happy to hear.

rompn8
58 minutes ago, Mognam said:

yeah, I found this out today.  I would rather get an eVisa, be all paid up, and then not have to worry about anymore visa hassles once I arrive.  As you said the process worked well.  Now I'm trying to decide on a hotel room.  I've got a bit of a short list happening but if any of you have a suggestions I would be happy to hear.

Anyone know the website to use in to start the ball rolling?

Going to Ho Chi Minh in Feb 2018 for the first time and better start getting my visa sorted.

I want to get the visa from the Thai Embassy in Canberra if thats the right way to do it yeah?

Mognam
41 minutes ago, rompn8 said:

Anyone know the website to use in to start the ball rolling?

Going to Ho Chi Minh in Feb 2018 for the first time and better start getting my visa sorted.

I want to get the visa from the Thai Embassy in Canberra if thats the right way to do it yeah?

Not sure if you are asking for a visa to Vietnam or Thailand.  You certainly don't go to the Thai Embassy in Canberra for a Vietnam visa.

Go to this site for a Vietnam eVisa:  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/177489/DSQUOCGIAEVISA/9040cca5-5b83-4581-a5bb-91595a4f5867

This will allow you to stay for 30 days or less in Vietnam.  A one off fee of $25USD.

If you want a visa for Thailand just get a visa on arrival at customs at the airport if you are staying for 30 days or less.

rompn8
19 minutes ago, Mognam said:

Not sure if you are asking for a visa to Vietnam or Thailand.  You certainly don't go to the Thai Embassy in Canberra for a Vietnam visa.

Go to this site for a Vietnam eVisa:  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/177489/DSQUOCGIAEVISA/9040cca5-5b83-4581-a5bb-91595a4f5867

This will allow you to stay for 30 days or less in Vietnam.  A one off fee of $25USD.

If you want a visa for Thailand just get a visa on arrival at customs at the airport if you are staying for 30 days or less.

Hahaha, yeah i just re read my miss typing.

Still get Thailand on the mind from just getting back and already booking my next trip soon.

But correct, it is the Vietnam Visa im after.

Thanks for the link

rompn8
Just now, rompn8 said:

Hahaha, yeah i just re read my miss typing.

Still get Thailand on the mind from just getting back and already booking my next trip soon.

But correct, it is the Vietnam Visa im after.

Thanks for the link

Actually, that link only gives me a list of countries in the eVisa list ???

NorCalKid
On 12/12/2017 at 18:00, Mognam said:

I used that site for mine.   Just print it out and show to airline and immigration.   No lines or fees when you get here.   Works well.   As mentioned above,  you have to log back on to check if it has been issued.   They don't send it to you.   And give yourself a couple extra days.   Mine took longer than the stated 3 days(though I'm not really sure when it was issued due to going out of town for Christmas, wasn't there when I left (3 days), was waiting for me when I got home about a week later).   

The process is basically the same as Cambodia where you just get a small stamp in PP.  Cambodia EVisa works well too. 

Edited by NorCalKid