IGNORED

Looking to buy, 1-2 bedrooms

kster

Need to make some changes in that thing called 'life' and looking into moving to Patts.

Have been living in Thailand for many years, so don't need any info on that. I will most likely buy a condo to live in and here is what I need

• At least one seperate bedroom (2 better)
  • at least 65 sqm (100+ sqm better)
  • Bathroom preferably with a tub
  • Underground Parking.
  • Needs to be in my name

Location is not that important, I have a car and a big bike (hence I need indoor parking)

Budget is 2.5 to max 4 mil, rent 15-20k but prefer to buy.

It won't be for next week, possible second quarter of 2018 when the divorce is finished and my house sold.

I need locations and names of developments so I can start doing prelimenary research and have list of 4-5 places to visit when I come in February

Houses are also good, but not sure how I can get that in my name without setting up companies (which is clamped down on hard where I live (South) and virtually impossible now.

As with most things here in Pattaya RENTING is by far the better option.......:ThumbUp6:

Have you tried DD Property?

https://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-sale?region_code=TH98&district_code=TH9801&market=residential

I think if it were me, I'd still start by renting, just to make sure the neighborhood is not shit if for no other reason. Starting by renting would also allow you to explore all the other condo areas around where you want to be. There's supposed to be a huge vacant condo market in Pattaya, so finding something after you're there shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds like you’re going to be looking at less than 40k per sq m if you decide to buy.

Certainly possible in the current market though unlikely to be particularly central.

A lot of the newer developments have been built as small units to sell at a higher per sq m price so a slightly older development may be a more likely option.

I’ll try to think of a few but Baan Suan Lalana in Jomtien may be worth a look.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Have a search for Ruamchok II Condo. I rented for 2 years a Condo there. 1 Br are around 80m2 but there are 2 BR too. Some have a nice big Balcony. They should be inside your Budget. Coverd Parking. They are down Pratamnak Soi 5 (not 100% sure about the Soi anymore) near to the Sea. They should be inside your Budget. Not new but most are already nicely renovated. Higher floors should have a sea view too.

15 hours ago, davidge said:

Sounds like you’re going to be looking at less than 40k per sq m if you decide to buy.

Certainly possible in the current market though unlikely to be particularly central.

A lot of the newer developments have been built as small units to sell at a higher per sq m price so a slightly older development may be a more likely option.

I’ll try to think of a few but Baan Suan Lalana in Jomtien may be worth a look.

Not exactly, plenty over 40 sqm that are in that price range. I have a car, so I am in no need to be on top of everything within walking distance. As far as I am concerned, I want to avoid that at all cost. Not only are condo's in the centre much more expensive, I don't want the noice and the hecticness of a city center.

16 hours ago, petermik said:

As with most things here in Pattaya RENTING is by far the better option.......:ThumbUp6:

why?

OP, if your gonna live here along time, then your plan is good.  The only thing I would do differnt is rent your new place for a month before you buy it, make that deal with the owner, casue you might find living in that place is not what you are looking for. 

17 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Would parking on  ground level with condo units above parking be acceptable?

sure, as long as it is inside. I have a very expensive bike (1+ mil ) so don't want that in the open

Rent before you buy. Nothing worse that finding you have shit management, shit neighbours or a shit neighbourhood.
1 Karaoke machine within 100m can make life a real misery even if the surroundings look nice.

I walked through royal garden today and there was a huge section of the ground floor with nothing but condo developments. Probably the most I've seen in one place at one time. If your in town, go check it out.

2 hours ago, kster said:

sure, as long as it is inside. I have a very expensive bike (1+ mil ) so don't want that in the open

Good that gives you more options as there are also condos that have multi level parking garages.  I've only seen a couple of underground projects and one of them floods during heavy rain.

On 12/4/2017 at 11:29, petermik said:

14 hours ago, just hanging said:

why?

Geordie is just scratching at the surface with his reply below.

12 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Rent before you buy. Nothing worse that finding you have shit management, shit neighbours or a shit neighbourhood.
1 Karaoke machine within 100m can make life a real misery even if the surroundings look nice.

What first appears to be paradise can quickly turn to a living nightmare here,totally dependent upon your neighbours.....as MANY people here have sadly discovered in the past......:Oops1:

45 minutes ago, petermik said:

Geordie is just scratching at the surface with his reply below.

What first appears to be Paradise can quickly turn to a living nightmare here,totally dependent upon your neighbours.....as MANY people here have sadly discovered in the past......:Oops1:

Good point, but with many renters, good neighbours can leave and bad ones move in.

Maybe I should just buy a house instead, anyone without a Thai wife here that knows how to get that done ?

7 hours ago, kster said:

Good point, but with many renters, good neighbours can leave and bad ones move in.

And you move on also.........not as easy when you have bought though :Crazy1:

8 hours ago, just hanging said:

OP, if your gonna live here along time, then your plan is good.  The only thing I would do differnt is rent your new place for a month before you buy it, make that deal with the owner, casue you might find living in that place is not what you are looking for. 

Bingo and if the owner refuses ask your self WHY.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

5 minutes ago, kster said:

Maybe I should just buy a house instead, anyone without a Thai wife here that knows how to get that done ?

Houses have a different set of problems dogs next door are a regular one there are many more.

JDM

7 hours ago, kster said:

That requirement just reduced your choice by a big margin.

And as stated check the water table at the location.

JDM

1 hour ago, kster said:

Try to get an end unit, that way you'll only have one neighbor.  I was fortunate and found a unit with no common wall, only above and below

3 hours ago, kster said:

Many people go the company route to house ownership. Loads on here elsewhere for you to read up on that one.
Houses are cheaper than many condos when looking at cost/square meter and you might have a garden but come with their own set of problems.
One big reason I would never go the house route again is that any house that is left empty, even for a short period, is a target for thieves. Sometimes the neighbours do the stealing or even the security guards or maid organise it if in a development with security. 
So many issues unless you are in a long term relationship that will continue to last the test of time.

On 04/12/2017 at 18:26, kster said:

I will most likely buy a condo to live in and here is what I need

As others have mentioned, you would be out of your mind to buy anything before having lived in the building for many months at least, and preferably in the unit you are thinking of buying.

The price trend for all property here seems to be downwards, due to massive over-supply in just about every sector. So I would be in no hurry at all to buy anything, unless of course you come across something that is truly unique. In Pattaya this is very unlikely, though it is possible especially if you are looking at some older buildings. But they probably wont be in your price range.

On 04/12/2017 at 18:26, kster said:

Houses are also good, but not sure how I can get that in my name without setting up companies (which is clamped down on hard where I live (South) and virtually impossible now.

No matter what trick you try and use, a house+land will never be in your name here, unless some very specific circumstances apply to you which is highly unlikely. For this reason I would not even consider buying a house or company-owned condo here. There are more company-owned properties for sale here by farangs than you can shake a stick at, and apparently no buyers. I see no reason at all why this trend should not continue to get worse.

15 hours ago, kster said:

easy peasy but you must have a good lawyer or your fucked.  follow the accepted standards and you will be fine.

Archived