IGNORED

Members having problems posting on PA

Ru4Real

Are you having problems posting/replying on PA?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you having problems posting/replying on PA?

• Yes
    • No, but thought I'd be a dick and mess with this poll

G'day folks

What we thought was a fairly isolated case may be more widespread. See this thread for the problem: 

To give us an idea of how widespread the issue is can you participate in the poll please. From a quick test it looks like those that are having problems "should" be able to vote in a poll.

Note that this is a public poll ... so smart arses, be warned!

The software guys have checked several times and they/we cannot find a fault, we need guys to clear their cache and see if it works.

For what it's worth, I had a very brief problem on Saturday. I think it was Saturday. 

When I would try to reply, the reply box would come up but when I clicked inside of it, it would not show the cursor or blinking thing-a-majig. 

I closed Chrome, reopened it, and all was fine. Never had that happen before. 

26 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

The software guys have checked several times and they/we cannot find a fault, we need guys to clear their cache and see if it works.

Cleared cache and it cleared the problem but logged me out, logged back in within 1 min and same problem using a Galaxy tab Pad using chrome also have Firefox installed same problem but mobile fine. Reading on pad replying on mobile.

Just edited this so it sounds better tried with the pad no text showed but I can type in reason for edit ?

Could it be regional? By that I mean maybe a dependency for the software is split over multiple servers and a particular region's server is having a propagation issue. Would it help if those still affected could identify their general part of the world? North America? Western Europe? Australasia/Oceana? Asia? Other ...

I'm just trying to help solve this. There has to be a common thread in this. Cheers.

I had that problem with my old cheap tablet. It was like at first it didn't download the text editor for and only allowed the attachment, but after waiting for something, it suddenly loaded the editor also. So maybe if those who has the problem, could paste here the machine they are using, the OS version and their browser?

Like this:
- Old crap no name freebie tablet
- Android 4.4.2
- Chrome browser

edit. and it seems that my vote vent to the wrong choice due the browser jumping while loading add or some shit. 
(noticed it because I was laughing and checking who's the idiot fucking the poll :Oops1:)

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

I had that problem with my old cheap tablet. It was like at first it didn't download the text editor for and only allowed the attachment, but after waiting for something, it suddenly loaded the editor also. So maybe if those who has the problem, could paste here the machine they are using, the OS version and their browser?
Like this:
- Old crap no name freebie tablet
- Android 4.4.2
- Chrome browser
edit. and it seems that my vote vent to the wrong choice due the browser jumping while loading add or some shit. 
(noticed it because I was laughing and checking who's the idiot fucking the poll :Oops1:)
Well i just installed tapatalk on my mob and it works, never used it before, don't use my phone for web. My non-working devices are pretty new, latest OS, multiple browser types all latest build ie PC is OS win 10.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well whatever has changed I am back up all operational :Bravo1:

And I can edit.

38 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Well whatever has changed I am back up all operational :Bravo1:

And I can edit.

More and more should free up as time goes on. It appears to be a DNS issue affecting the UK only (as far as we know). We are not changing anything it is simply propagating and hopefully soon will cover everythone.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

5 minutes ago, whitespider said:

More and more should free up as time goes on. It appears to be a DNS issue affecting the UK only (as far as we know). We are not changing anything it is simply propagating and hopefully soon will cover everythone.

Only thing about that is I am in Pattaya at present thought it was the wifi at Areca Lodge.

20 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Only thing about that is I am in Pattaya at present thought it was the wifi at Areca Lodge.

Yes it was affecting Thailand yesterday (many places infact) but that seemed to sort itself earlier. It seems to be UK left as of now. Probably a few other countries still but hopefully all will be back on asap.

not work.png

Two threads running now guys. Please use the other one linked below as its less confusing.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/319312-can’t-reply-to-threads-or-post-text/

• whitespider - RIP locked this topic

Archived