Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Richard Haggis

Are wild dogs a problem in Jomtien?

Richard Haggis

I’m thinking of moving into an apartment in one of the newish blocks behind the main Jomtien 2nd road, e.g. the various Laguna Beach condos or similar. Are those dark access lanes safe from dogs after dark? Don’t fancy getting eaten..

jocky king

Not too bad in the day time but if you walk down the hill after 1 am , very aggressive dogs barked at you .  Had few scary monents with them . One last year , I was walking down after getting off the bahtbus on top of the hill at 3 am , half way down Soi 6 Pratumnak Hill , one dog start to bark at me , then 10dogs joined him as a pack ... I couldn’t run , I just walked down pass them calmly ( nervous inside , lol ) , walked down naturally with soft spoken words with them .the next night , I brought the chicken leftovers , Saw the same pack , threw them the chicken leftovers , they left me alone . They didn’t bother me afterwards . But really scary . Best to ride the bike or the car if late in the night .. Day time , no problem , they are sleeping somewhere . 

Mick Pattaya

On FB read a few instances of being chased/hassled by soi dogs in Pratumnak, this problem is pretty prevalent in Pattaya. Always on my guard when entering unknown soi's.

soi16

When the pack start barking night time the end is about sunrise. Sleep well.

Less of them in central Pattaya.

belzybob

Treat soi dogs like soi katoeys....avoid eye contact and give them a wide berth. All will be fine.

just hanging

no, very few a problem.  Easiest way to chase the is to bend over like you are picking up a rock, they will scatter fast.  This is what thais do

Insomniac
8 hours ago, just hanging said:

no, very few a problem.  Easiest way to chase the is to bend over like you are picking up a rock, they will scatter fast.  This is what thais do

My dogs go frantic when Thais throw stones or wood at them and don't forget. They love farangs coming to my home as I have told them to bring some biscuits or crisps with them.:) They are trained guard dogs, particularly the one that's half wolf.

JAI DEE MAK
On 11/30/2017 at 17:53, Insomniac said:

My dogs go frantic when Thais throw stones or wood at them and don't forget. They love farangs coming to my home as I have told them to bring some biscuits or crisps with them.:) They are trained guard dogs, particularly the one that's half wolf.

Top Man.... I have 5 dogs 3 German Shepherd 2 year old  and 2 Siberian husky 2 ½ year old I have had them from 8wks old  again guard dogs not trained to like strangers I don't let them out of my gated house they run free 24/7 inside  unless i have visitors then I put them in the compound.I have .

As to Soi dogs best to have a sick about 5 foot long no need to be big diameter they know its not good news for them wave it at them and they will back off.

JDM

Loom
On 2017-11-30 at 03:19, belzybob said:

Treat soi dogs like soi katoeys....avoid eye contact and give them a wide berth. All will be fine.

On 2017-11-30 at 03:22, just hanging said:

Treat dogs like katoeys, or bend over...... which one is it?

Edited by Loom

soi16
10 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

2 Siberian husky

In Thailand?

JAI DEE MAK
3 hours ago, soi16 said:

In Thailand?

Yes,  there are many in Thailand also Alaskan Malamute, the Thais are very afraid of them as thay are big and look like a wolf.

You need to have a lot of space for them to run and shade and water for them to dip in.

JDM

just hanging
18 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Yes,  there are many in Thailand also Alaskan Malamute, the Thais are very afraid of them as thay are big and look like a wolf.

You need to have a lot of space for them to run and shade and water for them to dip in.

JDM

also Akitas.  Lots of Siberians in teh markets but the girls buy them, stick them in their rooms, in the extreme heat then they die.  hear that all the time.  I tell them to leave a fan on all teh time but they never listen

FullSizeRender.jpg

Scuba+

As to Soi dogs best to have a sick about 5 foot long no need to be big diameter they know its not good news for them wave it at them and they will back off.
JDM

Not easy when you are on your way back from a few beers, unless you can get a telescopic one

Insomniac
23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not easy when you are on your way back from a few beers, unless you can get a telescopic one

Or you could just pick up the Thai girl you're with and wave her at the dog.:)

just hanging
30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the rocks have always worked for me, this is a common way for thais to do it in Jomtien/Pattaya.  Not sure about issan

just hanging
1 minute ago, ChairmanMao said:

Yes, massive problem with dogs.

Jomtien is home to BM such as @just hanging and @Xylanic

These dogs is wild.  Like DMX late 90s wild.  

Don't go to Jomtien bro.  Shit brazy.

thanks, the more farangs that avoid Jomtien the better

ChairmanMao
8 minutes ago, just hanging said:

thanks, the more farangs that avoid Jomtien the better

Idk.

You're too sexy for the agogo. 

Too hard for the streets. 

Not my fault.

Where the fuck I'm supposed to go? 

Come on now.  Playa supposed to be playin not hatin.  We in this game together.  Damn jomtien mafia tryin play games and shit.

Insomniac
5 hours ago, just hanging said:

the rocks have always worked for me, this is a common way for thais to do it in Jomtien/Pattaya.  Not sure about issan

Do not copy Thais in this way as lots have their scrotum missing!:o

Gone-east

Way too many of these wild dogs around Pratumnak.

Similar to a story above I once had one who took a dislike to me and a mate early one morning. Within seconds it was joined by half a dozen more. They were no more than a couple of feet away.

My sympathetic nervous system kicked in and I yelled very loudly and aggressively at them. They legged it quick. Not the best plan I now understand, better to reach for the imaginary stone as mentioned above. I did some research and a key bit of advice is to not look them in the eyes.

F’ing stray dogs everywhere is my biggest dislike of Pattaya. If the powers that be really want to attract families this need addressing. One or two young foreign kids getting bitten will bring that segment to its knees.

Odessa in Ukraine had a big issue with stray dogs and, before Euro 2012 when the city was putting itself forward to host some of the games, they resolved this problem over one weekend. Gassed the lot, I wish the same would happen in Pattaya … they serve zero purpose.

Edited by Gone-east

Scuba+

I cycled up Pratamak hill the other day, had a breather up a side little soi by the temple to give my heart a break and was chased off by a pack of dogs, it didn't help

Insomniac
39 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

Way too many of these wild dogs around Pratumnak.

Similar to a story above I once had one who took a dislike to me and a mate early one morning. Within seconds it was joined by half a dozen more. They were no more than a couple of feet away.

My sympathetic nervous system kicked in and I yelled very loudly and aggressively at them. They legged it quick. Not the best plan I now understand, better to reach for the imaginary stone as mentioned above. I did some research and a key bit of advice is to not look them in the eyes.

F’ing stray dogs everywhere is my biggest dislike of Pattaya. If the powers that be really want to attract families this need addressing. One or two young foreign kids getting bitten will bring that segment to its knees.

Odessa in Ukraine had a big issue with stray dogs and, before Euro 2012 when the city was putting itself forward to host some of the games, they resolved this problem over one weekend. Gassed the lot, I wish the same would happen in Pattaya … they serve zero purpose.

Your original idea was far better than the stone trick. I have trained dogs for last 55 years and you must show them you are the Alpha Male human. Do not try confrontation, this is where the don't look in the eyes comes into it, and try not to show fear even if you are terrified.  If the dog is extremely aggressive and attacks,the nose is the most sesitive part, not hitting with a stick!

soi16
1 hour ago, Gone-east said:

Gassed the lot, I wish the same would happen in Pattaya … they serve zero purpose.

Throw them to crocodiles, problem solved. No mercy with these fuckers anymore.

DaveLock
1 hour ago, Insomniac said:

Your original idea was far better than the stone trick. I have trained dogs for last 55 years and you must show them you are the Alpha Male human. Do not try confrontation, this is where the don't look in the eyes comes into it, and try not to show fear even if you are terrified.  If the dog is extremely aggressive and attacks,the nose is the most sesitive part, not hitting with a stick!

Just curious, wouldn't staring them down moreso show you're the alpha of the pack? I can't image in canine pack mentality the alpha doesn't look any of the others in the eye.

JAI DEE MAK
59 minutes ago, Insomniac said:

I was with you until the not hitting with a stick ? if you walk down the road and a dog approaches you if you raise  a stick it will normally back off.

If a dog attacks you its eyes are the most sensitive part  NOT the nose WTF why you say this  if you are a dog trainer ? if you are attacked then you push your fingers into its eyes if it has a collar then put your hand in it and twist and lay on the dog pushing  the fingers of your other hand with your fingers into its eyes.

CS spray is an option ?.

Fight to live not fight to win.

JDM