Jump to content
penboy

Golf society Boukhaow/LK metro area

Recommended Posts

penboy

I'm looking for a golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area. In particular they would:

1) not depart until 9:00 at the earliest

2) have somewhere for me to store my clubs

3) I'm not fussed about playing in comps.

 

Any suggestions? I will have a walk round and look for signs, but if anyone can recommend any groups, I'd appreciate it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joethescot

Would recommend the Golf bar in LK Metro you can leave your clubs upstairs just ask Steve. However they along with most will leave 8-8.30.

As for comp they have a wee one of stableford and nearest the pin. It’s far from serious.

I have attached this months Golf schedule so you can get an idea.

As I said I recommend them I used them on my first ever trip and have continued to.

 

4B4162F2-896C-4476-B21B-6EB3C86403C4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
penboy

Thanks, useful info. Departure time a bit early but I may drop in to see Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
On 11/24/2017 at 21:43, penboy said:

I'm looking for a golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area. In particular they would:

1) not depart until 9:00 at the earliest

2) have somewhere for me to store my clubs

3) I'm not fussed about playing in comps.

 

Any suggestions? I will have a walk round and look for signs, but if anyone can recommend any groups, I'd appreciate it.

 

Another option is Thaigerline golf on soi Chayapoon (Near Triangle Bar). Nov-March they run daily golf tours. Mini buses usually depart for golf at 2 times (9,00am and 11.00am), so late risers can make the second bus. There are absolutely no comps, just friendly golf. Clubs can be stored at Thaigerline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
penboy

Forgot about Thaigerline, been in there a few times. Run by a helpful guy. I seem to remember they went for the more expensive courses close to Patts. I'll drop in and have a look, thanks for suggestion.

 

Retox seems to be running golf trips. I'm making enquiries there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BogeyPro
8 hours ago, penboy said:

Forgot about Thaigerline, been in there a few times. Run by a helpful guy. I seem to remember they went for the more expensive courses close to Patts. I'll drop in and have a look, thanks for suggestion.

 

Retox seems to be running golf trips. I'm making enquiries there too.

Retox Bar may be just what you are looking for.  Here is the December Schedule.

Paul Carpenter from England runs the club, and does an excellent job too.  I've been out with them a few times already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
penboy

Thanks, spoke with Paul and he kindly sent me 2 e-mails. I'll be playing with them soon. Sounds perfect for my needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Birdieboy

Soi Lengkee has three or four societies in my opinion Travellers Rest is one of the better ones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iron

is there any golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area.where you do not have to join the psc,what i mean is can you not just turn up at the golf bar and play,similar to the golden feret golf society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perlmanryan1

Just show up at the golf club. They will give you a rundown of how it works. You could be playing next day based on schedule. If your planning on playing more than once get your PSC card. It’s $30. It’ll save you that on first round. BJ hotel on Soi 3 also does a more relaxed game.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whitespider

If you fancy something different pop in to see Neil at M Club as they are also involved in a thriving golf society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
penboy
4 hours ago, whitespider said:

If you fancy something different pop in to see Neil at M Club as they are also involved in a thriving golf society.

They have a reputation of being a bunch of sharks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambik

Is this correct :

"-Shark- is a term that originated from poker. A shark is a term used to describe a player with a tight- aggressive play style. Most sharks are very good players."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roderick
1 hour ago, Lambik said:

Is this correct :

"-Shark- is a term that originated from poker. A shark is a term used to describe a player with a tight- aggressive play style. Most sharks are very good players."

I thought that word had something to do with Greg Norman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
penboy

In golfing terms a shark is someone who plays off a higher handicap that they need, so makes it easier for them to win. Bunker Boys who are the society that is based at M club, gamble amongst themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thamesbank
On 1/24/2018 at 04:21, iron said:

is there any golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area.where you do not have to join the psc,what i mean is can you not just turn up at the golf bar and play,similar to the golden feret golf society.

You can play as a non-PSC member, but you will be paying a substantially higher green fee

ie Phoenix gf 2900 bt, PSC rate 1900 bt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kanga
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 04:21, iron said:

is there any golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area.where you do not have to join the psc,what i mean is can you not just turn up at the golf bar and play,similar to the golden feret golf society.

In my experience very few of the courses actually bother to check if you are with PSC especially if you are playing with a largish group at the moment. Often they ask the first couple of golfers in the queue and then forget it.

You can take the risk but the prices quoted by many places that you will pay direct to the golf course are based on you having PSC membership.  So for the relatively small outlay it takes away the risk that they will ask and potentially charge you more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.