Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf society Boukhaow/LK metro area

penboy

I'm looking for a golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area. In particular they would:

1) not depart until 9:00 at the earliest

2) have somewhere for me to store my clubs

3) I'm not fussed about playing in comps.

Any suggestions? I will have a walk round and look for signs, but if anyone can recommend any groups, I'd appreciate it.

Would recommend the Golf bar in LK Metro you can leave your clubs upstairs just ask Steve. However they along with most will leave 8-8.30.

As for comp they have a wee one of stableford and nearest the pin. It’s far from serious.

I have attached this months Golf schedule so you can get an idea.

As I said I recommend them I used them on my first ever trip and have continued to.

4B4162F2-896C-4476-B21B-6EB3C86403C4.jpeg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 11/24/2017 at 21:43, penboy said:

I'm looking for a golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area. In particular they would:

1) not depart until 9:00 at the earliest

2) have somewhere for me to store my clubs

3) I'm not fussed about playing in comps.

Any suggestions? I will have a walk round and look for signs, but if anyone can recommend any groups, I'd appreciate it.

Another option is Thaigerline golf on soi Chayapoon (Near Triangle Bar). Nov-March they run daily golf tours. Mini buses usually depart for golf at 2 times (9,00am and 11.00am), so late risers can make the second bus. There are absolutely no comps, just friendly golf. Clubs can be stored at Thaigerline.

Forgot about Thaigerline, been in there a few times. Run by a helpful guy. I seem to remember they went for the more expensive courses close to Patts. I'll drop in and have a look, thanks for suggestion.

Retox seems to be running golf trips. I'm making enquiries there too.

8 hours ago, penboy said:

Forgot about Thaigerline, been in there a few times. Run by a helpful guy. I seem to remember they went for the more expensive courses close to Patts. I'll drop in and have a look, thanks for suggestion.

Retox seems to be running golf trips. I'm making enquiries there too.

Retox Bar may be just what you are looking for.  Here is the December Schedule.

Paul Carpenter from England runs the club, and does an excellent job too.  I've been out with them a few times already.

Thanks, spoke with Paul and he kindly sent me 2 e-mails. I'll be playing with them soon. Sounds perfect for my needs.

• 1 month later...

Soi Lengkee has three or four societies in my opinion Travellers Rest is one of the better ones 

RT 

is there any golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area.where you do not have to join the psc,what i mean is can you not just turn up at the golf bar and play,similar to the golden feret golf society.

Just show up at the golf club. They will give you a rundown of how it works. You could be playing next day based on schedule. If your planning on playing more than once get your PSC card. It’s $30. It’ll save you that on first round. BJ hotel on Soi 3 also does a more relaxed game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, whitespider said:

If you fancy something different pop in to see Neil at M Club as they are also involved in a thriving golf society.

They have a reputation of being a bunch of sharks.

Is this correct :

"-Shark- is a term that originated from poker. A shark is a term used to describe a player with a tight- aggressive play style. Most sharks are very good players."

1 hour ago, Lambik said:

Is this correct :

"-Shark- is a term that originated from poker. A shark is a term used to describe a player with a tight- aggressive play style. Most sharks are very good players."

I thought that word had something to do with Greg Norman!

In golfing terms a shark is someone who plays off a higher handicap that they need, so makes it easier for them to win. Bunker Boys who are the society that is based at M Club, gamble amongst themselves.

On 1/24/2018 at 04:21, iron said:

is there any golf society in Boukhaow and LK Metro area.where you do not have to join the psc,what i mean is can you not just turn up at the golf bar and play,similar to the golden feret golf society.

You can play as a non-PSC member, but you will be paying a substantially higher green fee

ie Phoenix gf 2900 bt, PSC rate 1900 bt

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 04:21, iron said:

In my experience very few of the courses actually bother to check if you are with PSC especially if you are playing with a largish group at the moment. Often they ask the first couple of golfers in the queue and then forget it.

You can take the risk but the prices quoted by many places that you will pay direct to the golf course are based on you having PSC membership.  So for the relatively small outlay it takes away the risk that they will ask and potentially charge you more.

Archived