IGNORED

Street girls during Songkran

Is the police chasing down street girls along Beach road during Songkran in Pattaya?

Last year it seemed that only very few girls were standing along Beach road during the 3 days that last Songkran.

I really like this celebration but I also really like street girls! So I may plan my next trip to Pattaya before or after Songkran.

2 hours ago, shinsetsu said:

Is the police chasing down street girls along Beach road during Songkran in Pattaya?

Last year it seemed that only very few girls were standing along Beach road during the 3 days that last Songkran.

I really like this celebration but I also really like street girls! So I may plan my next trip to Pattaya before or after Songkran.

In Pattaya Songkran lasts for a week, from 13th April until 19th April included.

Many girls visit their village during that period.

Anyway on Beach Road you risk getting wet instead of getting laid.

4 hours ago, bar stool said:

In Pattaya Songkran lasts for a week, from 13th April until 19th April included.

Many girls visit their village during that period.

Anyway on Beach Road you risk getting wet instead of getting laid.

I didn't know it lasted for so long in Pattaya.

Good to know that lost of girls are not in Pattaya during Songkran.

The last two days are a wash (pun intended).  Many resturants and gogos shut down on the 19th, some business are closed the whole week.  Yes, you can still find girls, most beer bars typically are open, Soi 6 is open wide, I mean open too.  But the last 48 hrs. is total chaos and you will get wet and drunks will piss you off.  Many girls do go home, some just want to party all day and night, and what is left can still be shagged.  Most Thais and farangs who participate are completely shit faced by sunset and the traffic is total gridlock

I have experienced my share of Pattaya Songkrans, and prefer to leave town for the last few days.  Some farangs love Songkran, to each their own.  8 years ago I got stinkin' drunk, bought a water gun and celebrated.  Now I hide in my room the first 5 days and escape to BKK the last 2.  I am sooooo happy on April 20th.  

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 09:44, shinsetsu said:

Your were there last year and only thought it last 3 days? They didn't chase them down last years and I'm sure they won't this year. I will report after the next year Songkran trip.

I was also there for 2 1/2 weeks last year for Songkran and walked the beach a couple of times each day and saw lots of girls working at the Coconut Bar, morning, noon and night.  

The only day that I didn't notice them was the 19th when they had all the vendors and bandstands set up and Beach Rd was closed off just to allow foot traffic.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Your were there last year and only thought it last 3 days? They didn't chase them down last years and I'm sure they won't this year. I will report after the next year Songkran trip.

I was also there for 2 1/2 weeks last year for Songkran and walked the beach a couple of times each day and saw lots of girls working at the Coconut Bar, morning, noon and night.  

The only day that I didn't notice them was the 19th when they had all the vendors and bandstands set up and Beach Rd was closed off just to allow foot traffic.

LeoTex

Thanks for the info.

I was in Chiang Mai where the festival last for 3 days then I moved down to pattaya for the last 3 days of Songkran there. I thought songkran was starting at different dates throughout the country, first in the North then gradually move to South, but always lasted 3 days.

9 minutes ago, shinsetsu said:

Thanks for the info.

I was in Chiang Mai where the festival last for 3 days then I moved down to pattaya for the last 3 days of Songkran there. I thought songkran was starting at different dates throughout the country, first in the North then gradually move to South, but always lasted 3 days.

The Thai New Year (Songkran) is the same every year, April 13th, 14th and 15th country wide.

However the water thing is a different story and varies from city to city. In Chiang Mai I believe they just celebrate it the 13, 14 and 15th, same in Bangkok. I seems like Pattaya does the water playing the longest of everywhere, starting in parts of town as early as the 11th and goes through until the wee morning hours of the 20th. No it doesn't stop at midnight on the 19th.

I think it was 2 years ago, picked one up that was walking/working Beach Rd on the 19th.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

The Thai New Year (Songkran) is the same every year, April 13th, 14th and 15th country wide.

However the water thing is a different story and varies from city to city. In Chiang Mai I believe they just celebrate it the 13, 14 and 15th, same in Bangkok. I seems like Pattaya does the water playing the longest of everywhere, starting in parts of town as early as the 11th and goes through until the wee morning hours of the 20th. No it doesn't stop at midnight on the 19th.

I think it was 2 years ago, picked one up that was walking/working Beach Rd on the 19th.

5a18d97be879f_SongkranPattaya-April11-201.JPG.e24a5dc3ec5914b5c9d659800b02b367.JPG

5 minutes ago, Barhop said:

5a18d97be879f_SongkranPattaya-April11-201.JPG.e24a5dc3ec5914b5c9d659800b02b367.JPG

I was looking for this when I started to post.

Great info, Thanks

LeoTex

2 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I was looking for this when I started to post.

Great info, Thanks

LeoTex

That's the third time I've posted it and can't remember where I got it from :unsure:

Ive only been to one songkran a few years ago, last few days but the nights were quieter then normal in some places, still plenty to go around though

On 11/25/2017 at 16:47, Barhop said:

that's just what I needed THANKS 

So technically you can spend a total of 15 days in a row water fighting. There must be someone hardcore enough to have done that lol

• 4 weeks later...

Songkran is basically New Years. Marked by the full moon. Different places celebrates at different time on the days leading up to NY.

On NY day proper, many businesses shut, especially entertainment outlets. Music not allowed to be played loud/at all & no booze served (depending on location or outlet) as a sign of respect. This is cos most ppl spend the day with friends/family and at temples. 

1 hour ago, Mayor G said:

Songkran is basically New Years. Marked by the full moon. Different places celebrates at different time on the days leading up to NY.

On NY day proper, many businesses shut, especially entertainment outlets. Music not allowed to be played loud/at all & no booze served (depending on location or outlet) as a sign of respect. This is cos most ppl spend the day with friends/family and at temples. 

Would you please advise what the NY day proper is? (as I will be there)

It changes based on day of full moon. Tho countries sometimes set it year before (now), prior to releasing 2018 calendar. Not exactly sure which applies to Thailand. 

I've seen them preset the full moon parties for Koh Samui, so my guess is the latter. Should be able to easily google it mate. 

15 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Would you please advise what the NY day proper is? (as I will be there)

It changes based on day of full moon. Tho countries sometimes set it year before (now), prior to releasing 2018 calendar. Not exactly sure which applies to Thailand. 

I've seen them preset the full moon parties for Koh Samui, so my guess is the latter. Should be able to easily google it mate. It's the full moon in the month of April. 

1 minute ago, Mayor G said:

I've seen them preset the full moon parties for Koh Samui, so my guess is the latter. Should be able to easily google it mate. 

Does the water drenching stop at sunset in Pattaya?

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

2 hours ago, Mayor G said:

Ok. So sorry. Totally messed up my replies. 

How do I delete post? Lol

Not sure myself :unsure: but am sure the experts will come along :D  Anyway, if I'm creating a post that I want to stop or get rid of - I just simply forget it and go somewhere else BEFORE I "submit reply".  eg just go to the top and perhaps click on "new options" - then it does not send and disappears.

2 hours ago, Mayor G said:

I've seen them preset the full moon parties for Koh Samui, so my guess is the latter. Should be able to easily google it mate. It's the full moon in the month of April. 

Another way to look at it is, it's quite possibly a TiT (this is Thailand) and I don't know the emoticon to paste to describe TiT...

2 hours ago, f308gt said:

Does the water drenching stop at sunset in Pattaya?

No.

1 hour ago, Gone-east said:

No.

Ok I'll book flight for 20th thanks

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Archived