IGNORED

Maytara hotel latest information

raviinc

Hi,

Read a lot of positive reviews about Maytara hotel on Agoda. I was actually zeroing on either Honey Inn, H boutique or Bay breeze and accidentally came across this hotel. My trip revolves around Bakao, soi Diana, soi 11 and nearby places, my regular hotels Areca and LK metropole are booked for my dates. Maytara looks quite convenient as its on the second road and a dash away from beach road which make a quick hunt for babes on the beach road easy. I need some info regarding the rooms, girl friendly issues, attitude of staff and if they charge a joiner fee. I tried the hotel booking site and could not get through.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I stayed here 2 years ago so info not recent but......

Fully guest friendly, receptionists laid back, room cleaning clean and efficient, old style sturdy furniture in rooms which have flat screens and safes, beds big and comfy.

I stayed in one of the pool access rooms (see below) which are great if you want a quick dip or easy access to refreshments (or need to drag your teerak quickly inside after a heavy pool petting session). Or even for a late night nude swim with your BF.

There is a standard Thai restaurant out the front which is open all hours I think.

As you point out the location is great for access to most places and its not overly expensive...think I was about 1,400 or so a night for pool access. Haven't stayed again because I've found other places that suit me better but my stay here was pleasant enough

unnamed (7).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

• Like 3

I stayed here 2 years ago so info not recent but......
Fully guest friendly, receptionists laid back, room cleaning clean and efficient, old style sturdy furniture in rooms which have flat screens and safes, beds big and comfy.
I stayed in one of the pool access rooms (see below) which are great if you want a quick dip or easy access to refreshments (or need to drag your teerak quickly inside after a heavy pool petting session). Or even for a late night nude swim with your BF.
There is a standard Thai restaurant out the front which is open all hours I think.
As you point out the location is great for access to most places and its not overly expensive...think I was about 1,400 or so a night for pool access. Haven't stayed again because I've found other places that suit me better but my stay here was pleasant enough
5a08aa19a6341_unnamed(7).thumb.jpg.6258af7560482a8c55205a656fab465c.jpg
5a08aa2ee057c_unnamed(8).thumb.jpg.7fa16bfe77f4dac692e14d3f9c9739af.jpg

Thanks for the info and photos.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

You are asking about my regular hotel, Stayed there twice this year and the last time was in August.
Maytara ticks all the boxes for me, perfect location as you have stated, Very girl friendly, no joiner fee and don't even check IDs so you will be safe bringing that LB back!!
Showers are huge, great for two or more, very comfortable beds, Maid service is great and friendly, Tip her extra for spare towels if you are bringing a lot of STs back,
restruant at the front is ok, but for breakfast there are plenty of other options within a 5 minute walk, I usually go to a small cafe in Soi Honey for the 80 baht english breakfast, also does a great Pad Thai.Pool is clean and rarely more than 3 or 4 people in it, good size fridge and safe.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
one thing to note is that there is going to be a lot of construction diagonly opposite with the rebuilding of the corner of second rd and Diana, Will noise be an issue? who knows but the rooms are normally pretty quiet with not much noise from second Rd normaly
I will be back there again in February,

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 12/11/2017 at 17:24, raviinc said:

I tried the hotel booking site and could not get through.

I have always had a pretty good result with quick reply whenever i email them

[email protected]

I have always had a pretty good result with quick reply whenever i email them
[email protected]

Thanks for the reply it was very helpful. I did mail the hotel and it looks like they don’t take bookings directly.
The hotel reply...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please be informed that we do not accept any booking by email at the moment. Please make your booking with Agoda or Expedia.

Best regards,

I always use Agoda, get a pretty good rate,
Its probably because they only have the basic staff ( only ever 1 at night and 2 in day ) on reception and don't have to handle any money

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info guys, more or less decided on the property for my trip but still in the reviews some buggers are still cribbing. Are their grievances really true or is it that some guys are just not satisfied in anything and just wait to find fault.

22 hours ago, raviinc said:

Thanks for all the info guys, more or less decided on the property for my trip but still in the reviews some buggers are still cribbing. Are their grievances really true or is it that some guys are just not satisfied in anything and just wait to find fault.

I know what you mean mate,you read some good reviews and then someone will put a dampner on things by saying negative things about it in another,seven or eight five star reviews followed by one bad review which then ignites doubts!

The only way you can have an opinion on anything is to go and see for yourself ,you often find a lot of your concerns are unfounded!

There is joiner fee there now.

For the second girl or even for one.

Seen this hotel a few times looks nice enough... but the joiner fee puts me off a bit can we clarify this?

The reviews I have read on Agoda and Expedia say no joiner fee. Well if there’s a joiner even for one girl then it’s a fucked up scene. But the earlier posters on the thread have mentioned that there’s no joiner and the hotel is extremely girl friendly. I feel that there is no joiner. Hope someone clarifies.

There was no joiner fee when i stayed in June. Given the hotel was less than half full at the time i would be surprised if they had introduced one but don't have any more recent information

Even on trip advisor someone asked the question and a past guest confirmed that their was no joiner fee.

I am a regular at this hotel and have never had any issues, very girl friendly, don't even check ID.

However when staying there last august i was surprised to see a new sign behind the counter. Joiner fee 500baht!!
I queried it and was told no problem, just to keep army happy.
At no time during my stay was an eyebrow raised, comment made, or fee asked for, and I had a joiner most nights.
Usually same lady boy on reception most nights, we would have a laugh, exchange a knowing wink whilst i got my key. then go to room,
Never any issue

• Like 2

I wonder why would the army feel happy with the joiner fee!

I remember reading on PA earlier this year about a crackdown on unregistered visitors to hotel rooms, So probably something to do with that.
 so raviinc have you picked a hotel?

I remember reading on PA earlier this year about a crackdown on unregistered visitors to hotel rooms, So probably something to do with that.
 so raviinc have you picked a hotel?

Yes, it’s going to be Maytara. It’s proximity to soi honey, Soi Diana, beach road, bakao and it’s on second road with Bhat bus service and and a attached pool is very appealing. Only issue is no breakfast and a fucked up wifi but then I’ll manage with a data package and rover, robins nest, kiss and other cafes for breakfast.

10 hours ago, raviinc said:

Yes, it’s going to be Maytara. It’s proximity to soi honey, Soi Diana, beach road, bakao and it’s on second road with Bhat bus service and and a attached pool is very appealing. Only issue is no breakfast and a fucked up wifi but then I’ll manage with a data package and rover, Robins Nest, kiss and other cafes for breakfast.

Let me/ us know how you go.
I havn't had an issue with Wifi there but I always stay on the 2nd level room 201 or 203, which is the first level of balcony rooms, I also use a data package on my phone ( essential for Line and TF) as well as a laptop in the room. My go to breakfast spot is a small cafe in soi honey on the left just up from Retox . english breakfast for 79  or 99 baht ( dependant on size) and good thai food. Has a" massage" shop next to it run by the same people so you get a side show with your meal!!
I use the laundry in the salon next to that,cheaper than the one across the soi, She  also does a good haircut for 100 baht.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Magnum PI said:

I havn't had an issue with Wifi there but I always stay on the 2nd level room 201 or 203, which is the first level of balcony rooms, I also use a data package on my phone ( essential for Line and TF) as well as a laptop in the room. My go to breakfast spot is a small cafe in soi honey on the left just up from Retox . english breakfast for 79  or 99 baht ( dependant on size) and good thai food. Has a" massage" shop next to it run by the same people so you get a side show with your meal!!
I use the laundry in the salon next to that,cheaper than the one across the soi, She  also does a good haircut for 100 baht.

I've stayed at Bay Breeze and use the same laundry, just need to make sure they do 'by the kg' first time to get a decent price, after that it's all good. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I've stayed at Bay Breeze and use the same laundry, just need to make sure they do 'by the kg' first time to get a decent price, after that it's all good. 

Yes definately by the KG. price per piece is for Newbies!

Sure Magnum, will report back after my stay. Just wanted to know how good is the in-house massage, do they do extras for a charge and do the come to the room,

Cant report on the in house massage as I have never tried it.

Good prices though, same as on the street and a few lookers working there.
 i always use the massage shop just up the road towards soi 10, it is called AA massage, strait , legit massage no extras, 200 for foot and thai and 250 for oil, plus tip to lady. Very good place,
I am biased as I have a "special" relationship with one of the ladies. but she is also the best legit massause i have had in Patts