Sign in to follow this  
Capt Hook

Subic Scene ?

Capt Hook

Whats going on in Barrio Barretto lately?

Bars with best line up? which is hard to find i hear.

99% of girls are ST?

99% bars are serving rip off DLD?

Barfine?

2000?

any place to eat a good meal?

Arizona was basically it...but now that Gav is gone ????

Anyone got boots on the ground info?

cheers

gedi

I have been in Barrio Barretto on and off for a couple of months, ate in Arizona because it was convenient but cannot recommend the food but then again I cannot recommend anywhere except maybe Mangos or Shambolis pizza.

Good looking girls are big fish in small pools and they know it.

BF 1500-2000 but I mostly arranged daytime meetings.

best line up The Office ( nearest thing to a Thai gogo)  by far then Hotzone but the Voodoo girls were very hands on

no girl asked for a DLD and believe me I bought many LDs.

I found the place boring after a few nights but I had to spend some time their for other reasons so I went out every night looking for new adventures but without success.

I cannot see any reason for anyone to visit there for mongering when Angeles and Thailand have it all covered.

I quite enjoyed some of the SOB nights though.

Edited by gedi
bad ejucation

michael56

I am going to have my retirement party there next year

Sent from my LG-X230 using Tapatalk

DaveLock

I agree with Mangos for good food and Shamboli's Pizza is good. Mangos has changed hands. Tommo (ex Arizona etc) sold out but all the same staff there and Tommo is staying on as a manager.

SitnBull is also good food. The main one up Del Pillar past Dennitos hotel is better to eat at because at the SitnBull on the highway uses the kitchen of the main one, so by the time it gets there it's a bit soggy from the delivery journey.

Depends on your taste, but I always go to Dynamite Dicks for some chowder. I love his chowder. And on Sundays DDs does a good roast lunch until sold out.

Cheap Charlies bar is opening a new one called Aloha bar, it will have food too.

In case you weren't aware Trader Ric's in Baloy, always was a go-to place for ribs etc, has now changed to Amanente'z resort and I've heard the food quality has gone down (I haven't personally eaten there since the change though).

Wild Orchard food is still not so good which is a shame because at one time it was good.

The smoking ban has taken effect so there has been some changes to the bars due to that ie dedicated smoking areas etc.

The Blue Rock and Treasure Island/Kokomos (ie Dryden) floating bars are out. Arizona put theirs out too early and it got smashed (destroyed) in a late season storm. They burnt the remains in a bonfire on the beach. Now they're building a new floating bar which they say should be out in December. Cheers.

Edited by DaveLock

crowbar_s

Haven't been down to Subic in about two or three years. Gav was still there and Thomo had just taken over Mango's. I only ever went down there for the floating bars and to give me a break from AC. Having a few beers on the water is different from having a few beers near a swimming pool. I always found the food at Arizona good, but then if you knew how bad a cook I am anything would be good. I also enjoyed Blue Rock and it was always packed, so many must enjoy the quality.

Florice
On 9.11.2017 at 07:31, Capt Hook said:

Whats going on in Barrio Barretto lately?

Bars with best line up? which is hard to find i hear.

99% of girls are ST?

99% bars are serving rip off DLD?

Barfine?

2000?

any place to eat a good meal?

Arizona was basically it...but now that Gav is gone ????

Anyone got boots on the ground info?

cheers

Many girls only go for short time, that is my experience.

DLD I never saw that in subic area. 

Barfine 2000 - 3000 

good meal, big problem. You can eat Johan Beach hotel, but it’s on Baloy Beach. 

Next to 7/11 there is restaurant from a Canadian guy, who sells burger.  He also can give you a lot of informations. 

I would start the night at cheap Charlie’s bar.

eddydb

IMO, finding decent food and LT have never been an issue.  Finding a decent lineup can be a challenge at times.  I do recommend going Thurs, Fri, Sat.  More girls working towards the weekend.  

Skins

Just spent three days in Subic as a little break from AC. Great time and I loved it. Nightlife is dull but I needed a break from that scene anyways. Stayed at Blue Rock which was nice. Right on the beach. Friendly staff. Food is overpriced garbage unfortunately. They had live music most nights with a very hot Filipina singer. I wanted to wife her up haha. 

Had a really good burger at SitnBull. One of the best I had in ages. Office Bar has the best line up of ladies. 2,000 bar fine for short time. Bargain I say. Treasure Island floating bar was fun. Lot's of girls and customers hanging out for sunset. The girls were dog ugly but it was still a good time. 

I'll link to my full Subic Report below. 

http://singlemansparadise.com/subic-bay-philippines-location-review/

I took the southern cross bus from Angeles it's only 350 pesos. Subic is worth a few days to chill out on the beach.

buffant

My fav destination if you would like a more laid back atmosphete from Angeles City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kahoy

Hot Zone had the only decent looking girl last time I was there about 3 months ago.

Edited by Kahoy

rob63

Everyone will have a personal opinion. If a bar is dead or has next to no staff or dancers, I leave and onto the next one.Your night could literally be over in 45 minutes.  Not worth the visit, but it will always be nagging at you, if you don't go, so book a couple of nights as a side trip from Angeles.

buffant
Everyone will have a personal opinion. If a bar is dead or has next to no staff or dancers, I leave and onto the next one.Your night could literally be over in 45 minutes.  Not worth the visit, but it will always be nagging at you, if you don't go, so book a couple of nights as a side trip from Angeles.

Very true. That's why some people mentioned that you could barhop all the bars in Baretto in 1 night

Griff64

Is that 2000 Bf at the office, same as Angeles where the girl gets half

How much do you tip them?

robert
18 hours ago, buffant said:

Very true. That's why some people mentioned that you could barhop all the bars in Baretto in 1 night

How many gogo's in total?

mr21
On 12/04/2018 at 22:45, rob63 said:

Exactly what I'm doing next week for my first Philippines holiday. Starting in Makati for 3 nights, then 4 in AC, then 3 in Subic. After Subic I will have 5 more nights to spend where I enjoyed myself the most or maybe a different place. I've read mixed reviews on Subic on various websites but need to see it myself. A lot of BMs here knocked Bangkok so I never stayed there my first few trips to LOS. Decided to try it out and now enjoy it as much as Patts

NorCalKid
1 hour ago, mr21 said:

Exactly what I'm doing next week for my first Philippines holiday. Starting in Makati for 3 nights, then 4 in AC, then 3 in Subic. After Subic I will have 5 more nights to spend where I enjoyed myself the most or maybe a different place. I've read mixed reviews on Subic on various websites but need to see it myself. A lot of BMs here knocked Bangkok so I never stayed there my first few trips to LOS. Decided to try it out and now enjoy it as much as Patts

I was in Subic/BB last week.   I didn't really like it.   Much preferred AC.   My advice,  book a hotel on the beach.   I stayed at The Pub.   Nice place,  good value but beach access is limited. If I had it to do over again I'd stay at a place on the water(i actually tried like 5 places and all cheap rooms sold out so book ASAP).   I found the food better in BB than AC.   Angeles bakery has the best breakfast I have had here.   They have a menu,  not just a bakery. Located next to Alaska bar. 

BFs in Subic/BB paid to lady not the bar like AC.   So they are negotiable.  I paid 2k ST at WetSpot(she originally asked 2.5k)

I used Victory liner bus.   Was very comfortable.   Leaves AC every hour on the hour and Olomguapo every hour on the half hour (daytime).  hotel to Dau station in AC in a trike 100p, 1.5km.  Victory bus 150p, 1.5 hrs at most.   Olomguapo bus terminal to BB hotel 150p in trike(6km). It's not so much I wanted to save 200p over the minibuses.   I just wanted to have breakfast and leave when I felt like it vs a set AM pickup time. 

Ticket from AC,  I just got on bus and paid attendant,  ticket in Olomgapo paid at the ticket window but some people paid attendant on bus(same price either way).  Just have trike drop you in Victory liner area and go to the little ticket shack in the middle and ask them to avoid the scams. 

As for the online thing.   There are a surprising number of LBs.   Make sure to ask. 

Feel free to PM me your line ID if you have and specific questions.

mr21
8 minutes ago, NorCalKid said:

I was in Subic/BB last week.....Feel free to PM me your line ID if you have and specific questions.

Hi NKC - first of all thanks for all the info and I'll definitely refer to your advice once I get there. I've been following your recent posts on Philippines Addicts and they've been extremely helpful as well. I'm booked at The Pub for 3 nights and will keep my expectations at a minimum for Subic. Was already planning on taking Victory liner and your tips will make that go even smoother.

The weekend I'm there is Mo's birthday and there are some parties along with a SOB contest so maybe things will be a little more lively - but I'm not the biggest party animal anymore though. Will definitely check out Angeles Bakery also; on holiday I like to have a big breakfast to hold me over until dinner. Would you recommend renting a motorbike in Subic to explore? Are the floating bars open yet? 

LDU
1 hour ago, mr21 said:

The weekend I'm there is Mo's birthday and there are some parties along with a SOB contest so maybe things will be a little more lively - but I'm not the biggest party animal anymore though. Will definitely check out Angeles Bakery also; on holiday I like to have a big breakfast to hold me over until dinner. Would you recommend renting a motorbike in Subic to explore? Are the floating bars open yet? 

The floating bars are going out this week.

Pub is good location wise.

Sitnbul on Del Pilar st is also good food, big menu, good prices, good service.

Motorbike hire is limited and expensive in Barretto. Actually cheaper to rent in AC and ride down via the HWY if you are keen on biking. 

Siraulo

Fri (SOB), Sat and Sun best to go.

As stared, girls are  ST oriented.

Arizona was ok or Treasure Island on the beach (pool party). 

rob63
7 hours ago, mr21 said:

Would you recommend renting a motorbike in Subic to explore?

DO NOT rent a motorbike to explore.

BB is a very small place. You can walk the length of the tourist area in about 20 minutes.

You would have to ride for approximately 3 hours to find a beach. There are mountains and waterfalls that are closer, but you would need a local to find it. If you are with a girl, the likelihood is that she won't know those areas, as the working girls are not usually locals. If you were in another location, I would strongly recommend renting a bike, due to the proximity and safety of attractions.

More importantly, certain areas close to BB can be dangerous for a foreigner (for example parts of calapandayan). I usually mock people that bring up security, but in this case I'll raise it as a concern.

dan2016

I went to Subic bay for the first and last time couple years ago as wanted to cross it off my bucket list. What a boring disappointing shithole that place is,  Theirs only a few bars with a handful of fat girls wearing shorts and t shirts inside them which the bars are all located of in  a middle of a highway. Couldn't wait to get back to Angeles City.