IGNORED

Licence plate position fine 500tb

JAI DEE MAK

Heads up !!!!!

My wife (Thai) just got stopped at a temp check point in our Toyota  Virgo 4x4 that has a factory fitted wince bumper on the front and a central internal wince.

The officer walks around the vehicle and then informs her.

The number plate is in a position on the bumper to one side of the wince wire roller slot ( it has been there over 7 years !).

Traffic officer  informed her not allowed must be in the centre writes here up a ticket stating plate not in centre on bumper for 500tb.

Before any BM post on this topic REMEMBER the forum rules No bad mouthing the BiB. you never know who is watching the board.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

A new one on me but if he "wrote a ticket" I would guess its correct. Any chance of screen shot? 

Sometimes if they want you they are going to get you. I got done for "modifed wheels" on a PCX that still had the standard factory fitted wheels fitted.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Given how many vehicles seem to drive around the place without a rear number plate (why?) I didn't think the cops much cared about them.

Still, one fine in 7 years, no cause for complaint. I've been driving an illegally modified motorbike here for over 10 years and in all that time I've had just one fine of 1000 Baht for it.

Winch.

41 minutes ago, Edge said:

Winch.

Yes, but I’m sure he winced when he got the fine.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Given how many vehicles seem to drive around the place without a rear number plate (why?) I didn't think the cops much cared about them.

Still, one fine in 7 years, no cause for complaint. I've been driving an illegally modified motorbike here for over 10 years and in all that time I've had just one fine of 1000 Baht for it.

Seems that the rear plate is not so important. I had a front plate where the black paint of the numbers was somehow week. During the annual check (when paying the taxes) the checking guy switched the rear plate having all numbers well identifiable to the front and the lesser visible one to the rear. I guess its because the automatic speedcheckers take photos from the front.

6 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

Yes, but I’m sure he winced when he got the fine.

No not a big deal for me however I will check the auto spell more often Ha Ha.

JDM

7 hours ago, whitespider said:

A new one on me but if he "wrote a ticket" I would guess its correct. Any chance of screen shot? 

Sometimes if they want you they are going to get you. I got done for "modifed wheels" on a PCX that still had the standard factory fitted wheels fitted.

I will post it tomorrow its in the truck and its a long way from the house.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

In Jomtien, I've noticed the police have been very aggressive recently with spot checks on Theprasit & Thappaya. 

Pattaya Police Station jam packed with tourists paying fines.

The Soi 9 Police Station might be in the 'top 3' tourist destinations in town.

On 11/6/2017 at 14:20, Hot&Spicy said:

Seems that the rear plate is not so important. I had a front plate where the black paint of the numbers was somehow week. During the annual check (when paying the taxes) the checking guy switched the rear plate having all numbers well identifiable to the front and the lesser visible one to the rear. I guess its because the automatic speedcheckers take photos from the front.

I didn't know that about the speed cameras taking photos from the front. Does that mean motorbikes, which only have a number plate at the rear, can't be caught by the speed checkers? (Not that speeding is an issue with my illegally modified bike and its Thai style sidecar.)

51 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I didn't know that about the speed cameras taking photos from the front. Does that mean motorbikes, which only have a number plate at the rear, can't be caught by the speed checkers? (Not that speeding is an issue with my illegally modified bike and its Thai style sidecar.)

I stand to be corrected, but I get the impression that speed cameras are mostly deployed on motorways, so you won't be getting mail from those at least.   :rolleyes:

However, whenever I've been pulled out on the regular trunk roads, they have been using spotters it seemed, guys with binoculars, maybe timing you between set points or maybe not, but radioing registration numbers ahead to check points where they have a list of who they want.
For that they presumably need clear front plates but central or not won't make much difference.....photos or not I don't know, but never seen any.
For big bikes speeding there aren't that many so maybe easy to ID without numbers.

On 11/6/2017 at 11:39, JAI DEE MAK said:

...The number plate is in a position on the bumper to one side of the wince wire roller slot ( it has been there over 7 years !).

You got away with it for 7 years, you criminal degenerate! What else should we know about you? 

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I got stopped twice today in 2 minutes, that's 7 times in 4 weeks. PITA

Twice in two minutes you must've been parked?

Wanna buy a helmet?   :rolleyes:

The good news is I have a licence and wear a helmet so I enjoy the moment they balk when they see the licence. I guess it's easy money with most tourists

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 hours ago, Edge said:

The good news is I have a licence and wear a helmet so I enjoy the moment they balk when they see the licence. I guess it's easy money with most tourists

Good money spinner. 

The rental shops (owned by police) rent bikes to tourists(no license required) then just around the corner stop them for driving without a license.

Archived