IGNORED

Marquee Bar's 100-Baht Sunday Roast

Evil Penevil

Thanks for the review--I might try. I absolutely hate most traditional English Sunday roasts--way too much food and it ruins the whole day for me. A small portion like this is idea. It's really plenty of calories--no wonder so many people are fat.

Nice review and thanks for posting. I know the bar, just not aware they did food or have a kitchen,is that new? Can`t fault that price.

5 hours ago, brooksie said:

Nice review and thanks for posting. I know the bar, just not aware they did food or have a kitchen,is that new? Can`t fault that price.

I believe they either installed or upgraded their kitchen in the summer of 2016.  That's when the Sunday roast dinners began.

Evil

23a.jpg.a04ff326ce0c2df06764d01f2477a239.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Have eaten it. Value for money and cheap beer. 2 bottles and sunday roast 200b.

Reminds me of old good times.

Walked past god knows how many times and didnt even realise it did meals,you learn something new every day, thanks for another comprehensive review!

I also have been in this bar several times with friends and had no idea they do food but I have only been in the evenings.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I knew they had a 'squirter' which got them thru the low seasons.

Now I know there's more to drink, and eat at Marquee...

Edited by Kangarooted

Really decent looking plate of food for 100B .  I realize the " Sunday Roast " is traditional in some parts, but a meal like that would ruin me , roast meat and potatoes covered with gravy combined with the hot weather would put me right to sleep . 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

On 30/10/2017 at 16:29, Evil Penevil said:

It certainly isn't the best or biggest Sunday roast you can get in Pattaya, but those dinners will cost you three to five times as much. If you have a big appetite, then an all-you-can-eat buffet is the way to go.  But if you're happy with a modest portion, the Marquee's Sunday roast is an excellent option.

And if you aren't happy with a modest portion: just order two. At 200B it will still be cheaper than any decent buffet I know of. Even three or four plates would come in under the cost of most buffets.

Two plates at the Marquee would also be the same price as one at Robin Hood (not allowing for possible discounts). I think that Robin Hood is pretty good and it would be interesting to compare the quality of both directly so I will certainly try the Marquee soon.

12 hours ago, baddog666 said:

.... a meal like that would ruin me , roast meat and potatoes covered with gravy combined with the hot weather would put me right to sleep . 

That's the general idea. The postprandial nap is the best part of my day.

It's a good deal and the proper amount of food for a normal human being to eat at one meal.  I have found that you might be more likely to end up with a larger portion if you go early.  I often ate the chicken and it was fine.  I'm not from the UK, so I've often wondered what the attraction of Yorkshire Pudding is... It isn't bad, but it isn't great either.  Maybe they should coat it in sugar and deep fry those things.

OMG... gotta try...

From their fb page they also have a 100b Fish and Chips (Friday)...   and a pie and liqueur coming soon...

Edited by Saddic

Fish and Chips can be sold out by 6 PM or earlier.  I think I was told once that they prepare for 200 servings and that's the end of it.  Go early.

looks good will give it a go ..as for the fish n chips are they just as good  as liams in new plaza...

I like Nickys roasts but even when I ask not to include certain things like yorkshire pudding, broccolli etc. I still end up taking half home for the dog. A 100 baht and a glass of red and a beer  150 baht would do me and a 15 minute walk home to work it off. I assume Marquee has Horseradish or the deal is off.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I don't like big meals during the day so these (smallish) servings at the Marquee are just great. 100 baht is terrific value. If you go to one of the buffets and pay 3-400 baht you feel obliged to stuff yourself.

looks good will try....

I tried it. My plate seemed less full than the one pictured: it certainly was a small serving. The vegetables were good, as was the Yorkshire pudding. The pork I had was acceptable but no more. No crackling or apple sauce. The gravy was not nice at all: just thickened salty water. Most of the things on my plate were cold. Other people who had chicken appeared to get more on their plates.

I would say that you get what you pay for which makes it suitable for those on a tight budget and with a small appetite, but I would rather go to somewhere like Robin Hood and get a better - and hot - meal for 180B (with discount).

Ditto... Went early... Tried it... Had the beef... came out medium... lovely...  makes a nice snack...  Lovely seating and cool weather made it enjoyable... 

They must have seen it was Evil and loaded up his plate...

Mine was a one very thinly cut piece, no corn...  no potatoes... slice of cabbage, some peas, carrot... and the Yorkshire pudding to sop up the gravy...

Edited by Saddic

1 hour ago, Saddic said:

Ditto... Went early... Tried it... Had the beef... came out medium... lovely...  makes a nice snack...  Lovely seating and cool weather made it enjoyable... 

They must have seen it was Evil and loaded up his plate...

Mine was a one very thinly cut piece, no corn...  no potatoes... slice of cabbage, some peas, carrot... and the Yorkshire pudding to sop up the gravy...

If you wanted to have the pre meal appetizer, I think you would have been better off if you had driven your motorbike up the hill to the Kinereea.

9 hours ago, Saddic said:

Had the beef...
Mine was a one very thinly cut piece, no corn...  no potatoes... slice of cabbage, some peas, carrot.

I did get three slices of pork. I also had no corn but I did get potatoes, cabbage, peas, a piece of carrot and three Thai string beans. The veg and meat tasted OK, but definitely what I would call a small portion.

I forgot to mention that they have free car-parking at the back, which is handy as it can be hard to park round there.

Edited by KittenKong

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

what sort of price are we comparing to for a "normal' Sunday Roast dinner? Around our parts they are around 220 or a bit more with lamb.

In Pattaya, Sunday roasts are widely available from around 150B though lamb tends to cost a bit extra or not be offered at all. I suppose the average price would be about 200B for a decent one, so the Marquee one is indeed much cheaper.

For the price, I have not had better than the 180B (incl discount) one at Robin Hood. The Starlight bar on the darkside (now closed) used to do a tasty one for 150B and lamb was available for that price.