Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

boingo

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

Resist

So far a good read. Something a bit different too which is good.

Edited by Resist

albertascout

I am enjoying the read.  Keep it up.

Darryl

Harry Brown

Well one good thing;  about her planning and check ,re-check etc as well as being early to the airport. that kind of lets me know she's keen on the idea of going over to OZ to be with you.

Thanks for the report, enjoying it.

Captain Courageous
18 hours ago, boingo said:

I was going to start this topic earlier but have been so busy moving house and working that before I knew it she has been here for 30 days. I am well aware that some on here will flame and deride but my care factor is zero. If it gives you pleasure to abuse and demean others that is your problem. There will be no pics and those who know me know who she is even if some are shaking their head in disbelief. Part of this will be to share some experiences so if it helps you if you want to take the plunge then all good.

Step 1 The decision.

I have known her for over a year and like most Tgs she can be loopy and I got to learn a new Thai word dux ran (obstinate). When she formed an opinion that is that. After much back and forth we agreed that she could come here and I would take care of her for the duration which of course meant the letter and statements to the embassy for her Visa. I was not overly comfortable coughing up the level of detail required but a promise is a promise.

Step 2 The Visa application.

In true Thai style she listened to the opinions of friends and family about applying for the Visa and then went and did her own thing. She got quoted figures ranging from 12000 to 20000 baht to do her Visa application and with cries of "too expensive" proudly announced she "will write Visa myself". Oh crap I thought this could be bad. I was sent a number of website links that made piss all sense in Thai, some related to a joint university programme, But she carried on regardless and filled out the form by herself and submitted all the paperwork to the Visa arm of the embassy. http://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand/index.html

All up about 8000 baht but I had my doubts as to success.But the application sailed through and with Thai pride on the line supreme confidence was beamed out with the arrival of the Visa confirmation by post.

More to come.

Good for you mate, unlike many youve got the guts to forge ahead and give it a try. 

Kedron Slick

Good luck with this! I kinda feel you're going to need it, while hoping everything will turn out well. Following with bated breath.

Magnum PI

Congratulations on taking the big step,
I did it 7 years ago and we have never had any regrets, The TGF is now a permanent resident and loves it here, We go back twice ayear to catch up with friends and family and have bought a couple of Nieces out for holidays as well.

To avoid some of the dramas your TGF faced I actually went to Thailand for two weeks and flew back with the TGF, so much easier for her.

Given that she ison TG473 i assume you are in QLD so at least she wont have the cold weather to contend with.
Good luck with it all and i eagerly await the updates

robw

Looking to reading more.

boingo

Thanks for all the supportive comments thus far. Good to see we can have a reasonable discussion without thread fucking or spleen venting.

eXplosief
1 hour ago, Magnum PI said:

Given that she ison TG473 i assume you are in QLD so at least she wont have the cold weather to contend with.
Good luck with it all and i eagerly await the updates

Don't assume they all love the heat. I brought my TGF to the Netherlands from December to March and she loved the winter. Even turned down the heating to a level where I wasn't comfortable anymore without wearing a sweater. 

She would say she could dress for the cold but not for the heat. And she is right about that. 

The most difficult for me was giving her the extensive instructions to apply for the visa and how to travel on a plane. 

boingo

Step 5 Arrival day and end of uncertainty?

Wake up after about 4 hours sleep and finish deep cleaning the house and make sure at least some Thai food is in the house and prepare the promised meal of spaghetti bolognaise (pork mince) in th slow cooker and get ready to go to the airport. The airwaves are silent for a change so I track the flight’s progress to see if it’s on time or early or late or horrors of horrors turned back.

Arrive at the airport in the bland area that presents Brisbane’s first face to international travellers and frankly it’s as dull as all fuck.

Flight was about 5 minutes late so no biggie, passengers started coming out of customs and immigration and some of my concerns started to grow, Was she being questioned by immigration, had she packed something illegal, had she fucking bailed at the boarding gate at Swampy? More passengers emerge as well as the flight crew, 30 minutes pass after the first passenger and still no sign, I keep checking my phone in case Border Security would like a word or two (fucking hope not).

Finally she comes out the doors with eyes as big as saucers, looks straight at me with no recognition walks five paces stops and looks back at me and suddenly smiles. She gathers me up in that peculiar Thai python grip and sighs in relief. Off to the car with the stream of chatter that we all know and are sometimes irritated by, but I am just happy to get to the car and pay the gouging parking fee and get moving to the house.

boingo
14 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

Don't assume they all love the heat. I brought my TGF to the Netherlands from December to March and she loved the winter. Even turned down the heating to a level where I wasn't comfortable anymore without wearing a sweater. 

She would say she could dress for the cold but not for the heat. And she is right about that. 

The most difficult for me was giving her the extensive instructions to apply for the Visa and how to travel on a plane. 

Trust me I know what you mean about the visa!

wingcom1
7 minutes ago, boingo said:

Finally she comes out the doors with eyes as big as saucers, looks straight at me with no recognition walks five paces stops and looks back at me and suddenly smiles.

555 brilliant.  Enjoying the thread thoroughly mate.

Magnum PI
6 minutes ago, boingo said:

Trust me I know what you mean about the Visa!

I did all my girls visas myself, so much easier for my stress levels.

Re that long wait waiting for her to come out of customs and immigration, My TGF did three months here, three months in Thailand,  Three months here fore a while. Her first to trips in were easy and straight forward, the third she got the bitch from hell questioning her and didn't believe anything she said, I was outside waiting and after an hour and a quarter, was starting to get worried. Finally they decided to ring me and verify her story, when they finally let her through she was a an absolute wreck.
Welcome to Australia!!! I don't think so

eXplosief
4 minutes ago, Magnum PI said:

I did all my girls Visas myself, so much easier for my stress levels.

Re that long wait waiting for her to come out of customs and immigration, My TGF did three months here, three months in Thailand,  Three months here fore a while. Her first to trips in were easy and straight forward, the third she got the bitch from hell questioning her and didn't believe anything she said, I was outside waiting and after an hour and a quarter, was starting to get worried. Finally they decided to ring me and verify her story, when they finally let her through she was a an absolute wreck.
Welcome to Australia!!! I don't think so

I also did all the visa work myself. A bit of work but very doable. But even though I prepared all paperwork, told her step by step what to print, how many copies, made her an appointment with VFS and gave her instructions on how to travel there she was still late and let the VFS clerk fill out a form (differently) that she already had in her stack of papers. 

Never having been on a plane or outside the country she was totally lost at the airports, especially in farang country where she couldn't communicate. Then she was also questioned at immigration and luckily I was there with a copy of all the paperwork to sort it out. 

But it was all well worth it. 

MrJ200

Good news, enjoy your 90 days :D

happy888

Great start to your 90 Days....

Does the Visa have condition 8503 attached?

Jebb

Just put the kettle on and settling down to read this one to the bitter end 555. Are you still a paid up member of the Cads, Bounders and Rakes Society or have you renounced membership?

Good for you mate for taking the plunge and will be following with interest.

Dr No

Great to see she arrived no problem. Do you have plans to show her any decent parts of Aus or are out going to just keep her in Brisbane? :) 555

boingo
20 minutes ago, happy888 said:

Great start to your 90 Days....

Does the Visa have condition 8503 attached?

As in no work? if so yes

boingo
12 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Great to see she arrived no problem. Do you have plans to show her any decent parts of Aus or are out going to just keep her in Brisbane? :) 555

Side trips to see things although she is more interested in shopping! Well I never. 555

boingo
21 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Just put the kettle on and settling down to read this one to the bitter end 555. Are you still a paid up member of the Cads, Bounders and Rakes Society or have you renounced membership?

Good for you mate for taking the plunge and will be following with interest.

Always a member my friend. Think you might need a carton of Tim tams.

biggles

Take her for a nice drive up to Caloundra then along the coast road to Noosa. The Hinterland ranges out from the Sunshine Coast are lovely, Mapleton, Flaxton. Hope you both have a great time, she seems VERY capable for a Thai girl, good to see. 

Doubleh

This is not in the prettiest part of Brisbane but it has Thai street food almost like a few tin cup sort of food places , It has all the Thai vegetables etc food and spices she can get The couple of girls I have brought over it really made them not worry about their food source even saw som tam getting served up. So many Thai's and Cambodians cooking and selling at the Markets. Its on Sunday mornings only,

https://www.facebook.com/woodridgemarkets/

ausmagoo

Great report.... thanks for taking the time to post it.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

cheers

Farangba

o

39 minutes ago, Doubleh said:

This is not in the prettiest part of Brisbane but it has Thai street food almost like a few tin cup sort of food places , It has all the Thai vegetables etc food and spices she can get The couple of girls I have brought over it really made them not worry about their food source even saw som tam getting served up. So many Thai's and Cambodians cooking and selling at the Markets. Its on Sunday mornings only,

https://www.facebook.com/woodridgemarkets

Also try Lin and Co, on Wickham st, Fortitude Valley between the Brunswick st mall and the China Town mall. Lots of Thai grocery and snack items as well as Thai DVDS.