IGNORED

Honda PCX ELECTRIC

jiz

11 minutes ago, jiz said:

Honda just revealed a PCX Electric & PCX HYBRID at the Tokyo Motor Show. 

I wonder how many years before the electric bikes outsell the old tech combustion bikes that run on dinosaur doo?

http://greatbiker.com/เปิดตัว-2018-honda-pcx-hybrid-และ-pcx-electric/

Most bikes in Beijing (China) are Electric. You do not need a driving licence or registration in Beijing for an electric bike.

Here is a picture of my one.

59f3d8d637e6d_Electricbike.jpg.300139c63449ba9e32bfefb2347dde82.jpg

On 10/28/2017 at 08:13, GorGuy said:

Most bikes in Beijing (China) are Electric. You do not need a driving licence or registration in Beijing for an electric bike.

Here is a picture of my one.

59f3d8d637e6d_Electricbike.jpg.300139c63449ba9e32bfefb2347dde82.jpg

Y

OU KEEP IT BY YOUR BED ?

49 minutes ago, Chiang mai Tony said:

Y

OU KEEP IT BY YOUR BED ?

Plug it into the electric overnight, so I have a full battery for the next day.

4 hours ago, bangna said:

Cool idea for city use, what range is possible?

It depends on battery size and the speed you wish to travel. 

I used to charge mine one time a week (normally, if just going to and fro to work or shops - If I am doing a longer journey, I would top it up before the journey), the reason for putting it in the room is that they are popular things for the locals to "borrow permanently".

One side of Beijing to the other and back can be done and Beijing is a large City.

If you do run low, you can always stop off in a shop/restaurant/bar - buy something and ask if you can get a charge up on the battery. Electricity is super cheap in Beijing, subsidised by the Gov.

It shows you how much battery you have left, in the same way as a fuel gauge.

I'm hoping the electric motor won't be hanging from the rear suspension like the combustion engine. 

Would be a big improvement in handling and ride quality I think.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 08:00, Chiang mai Tony said:

Y

OU KEEP IT BY YOUR BED ?

Nothing to leak or smell, it's like an electric appliance.. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I considered an electric for 1 minute then i saw that the price is ridiculously high and as petrol is so cheap here there is no point buying electric until price comes down. Battery life is questionable too and thats why the high cost apparently

• 3 months later...

There is a cracking Electric Scooter being made in Holland called BOLT - they are taking orders now ... probably very difficult to get in to Thailand 

The paradox with electric bikes or cars is that they are nearly perfect for people living in big cities, but in these big cities they tend to live in big buildings/condos and it's then - at least now - very difficult to find a way to recharge their batteries.

A rather small bike in an apartment as above; why not? but I doubt people would be happy if I regularly take my bike in the condo lifts...  :unsure::wink:

Electric bicycles have the advantage of rather small batteries than you can detach from the bike and easily bring in your room for recharge.

The paradox with electric bikes or cars is that they are nearly perfect for people living in big cities, but in these big cities they tend to live in big buildings/condos and it's then - at least now - very difficult to find a way to recharge their batteries.

A rather small bike in an apartment as above; why not? but I doubt people would be happy if I regularly take my bike in the condo lifts...  :unsure::wink:

Electric bicycles have the advantage of rather small batteries than you can detach from the bike and easily bring in your room for recharge.

I'm pretty sure they are making the motorbike batteries detachable for that very reason, something they can't do with cars

They are detachable but look pretty heavy. Also the pair of them use up all the under seat storage.

c180110_053H-e1515690982910.jpg

honda-pcx-inside-1518332300.jpg

7 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Electric bikes have no smelly gas or oil, no leaking/dripping, no fire hazard, are almost silent and don't idle their motors. Nothing much to object to if you bring one into a building, similar to an electric wheelchair.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I looked at buying a small one here in the Philippines. The cost to replace the batteries was about one third of the purchase price and expected life could be only 2 years. Then the government started talking about licences and registration so I didnt proceed. 

Archived