IGNORED

Useing ATM's, UK bank cards, exchange rates, fees.?

n0n4m3

Can anyone in LOS now - with a Nationwide ATM card, please give me a definate answer:

Using the Nationwide Flexi, ATM account card - what rate are you getting - offshore about 65.0 - OR - onshore about 68.5

Need 2 know because will only bring TC's if the rate is the offshore one - a previous poster on this thread indicated he got the onshore rate in April - Mr Whitespider reckons otherwise - so a 'live' report would be appreciated.

Thanks

tell u next week :No:

www.Pattaya-Thai.com - Pattaya, Thailand News and Social Network.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nationwide say you don't need to let them know you are away.

I have 2 flex a/c so if I have problems or lose 1 card I have the other as back up.

The rate is always better than t/c or cash.

I asks for 2 flex card and they said no i come to LOS for a year at a time

tell u next week :Chokdee3:

thanks - if u can remember 2 post, while having fun. I'd really appreciate it - coz the deadline for me ordering TC's, would be about the 5th June

I asks for 2 flex card and they said no i come to LOS for a year at a time

way 2 get around this is open up a joint flexi with dad, mom, wife or anyone - then u get another TWO cards, so u then have 3. I did this!

just explain 2 dad, mom why u want to do it - tell them the additional card is just for added safety, incase the first card gets lost, stolen, eaten by machine.

Hello, I am going to Thailand for first time in June, looking for best option to carry my monay. I got UK NatWest bank maestro card, and solo card, just wonder they will be working there?, anyone useing natwest? do they charge you a lot for useing ATM's ?

I found this: Nationwide - compare accounts

ATM charges worldwide:

Natwest: 2.65% + 2.25% (£4.00 maximum)

Nationwide bank: None

The question is that Nationwide not charge u any fee, but what exchange rates u get? Not too low ?

Cuz thinking about getting nationwide account, but they must make profit somehow, so if there is no fee for useing card abroad, mayby they give u low exchange rates ?

Anyone useing Nationwide? or Natwest? please write ur experiences.

Whats the best option to take ur monay to thailand? How about Travel cheques?

Or just takeing cash, exchange there and use safe box?

Thank You for info.

Krystian.

:Who_Cares:

I have been here 7months now using HSBC and Nationwide accounts. T ake my advice (if you want to of course) use NATIONWIDE. When I was using hsbc I was losing bet.£10 - £15 per transaction compared to Natiowide. Transfer any money you will need into your Nationwide account and use your atm card. Tell them you are coming here. I wouldn't bother with Travellers cheques they are always a pain in the arse as far as I am concerned. Don't you have to tell them your hotel and room number--sod that. Bring cash and use your ATM at the airport on arrival if you want to. My limit on my nationwide card is £300 a day so 20,000 bht takes me up to about £290-£295. depending on the exchange rate. Good luck

rich.jpg

Dickthedog

What exchange rate are you getting right now on your Nationwide ATM?

• 1 year later...
Hello, I am going to Thailand for first time in June, looking for best option to carry my monay. I got UK NatWest bank maestro card, and solo card, just wonder they will be working there?, anyone useing natwest? do they charge you a lot for useing ATM's ?

I found this: Nationwide - compare accounts

ATM charges worldwide:

Natwest: 2.65% + 2.25% (£4.00 maximum)

Nationwide bank: None

The question is that Nationwide not charge u any fee, but what exchange rates u get? Not too low ?

Cuz thinking about getting nationwide account, but they must make profit somehow, so if there is no fee for useing card abroad, mayby they give u low exchange rates ?

Anyone useing Nationwide? or Natwest? please write ur experiences.

Whats the best option to take ur monay to thailand? How about Travel cheques?

Or just takeing cash, exchange there and use safe box?

Thank You for info.

Krystian.

:WTF1:

There are money exchange places EVERYWHERE tourists hang out. Most hotels have safe in room or at check in counter for other valuables. Carry only what you need for daily expenses.

I am playing safe when I go in November. Visa card and TC's

Most thai businesses attach a small charge when using plastic