IGNORED

True Simcard Wifi.

Billyboy294

I   have a True USB stick which i got from a friend. I went to True to find out what they offer now.

They offer for 1 month for 320 baht download  speed of 1Mbps or for 530 baht, 4Mbps.

Are they joking or have i got my units mixed up?  I get 17.5 Mbps on 3BB.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

The True offering would be via mobile phone network - 3G/4G.    Your 3BB is via wifi hotspots?

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

Yes but is 1Mbps any good. Or even 4Mbps.

Depends what you want to do.  It’s enough for web browsing, email, You Tube.  

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

Thanks for reply.

They also have a unlimited package with a speed cap of 6 Mbps, costing 588.50 baht for 30 days, so better value than the 4 Mbps package at 535 baht

*900*1746#

Of course if you have Internet at home, such a package may not be suitable.

The unlimited packages are useful for short stay holidaymakers. You may prefer more bandwidth(faster speeds) as opposed to a capped.package. It really depends on how you intend to use it.

I am no expert but my son uses the True 89 Baht per week data sim. He plays games on it so I can only assume its reasonable although it wont be awestern standard.

i use AIS - use phone for phoning, sms, messenger, internet and emails. I rarely switch to wifi as it doesnt seem worth the effort. Works fine 95% of the time, bit slow the other 5%. That package is 899 but I have been told Trues is the same and cheaper i just havent got round to changing it.

I would guess unless you are using something other than the things i mention you will find it adequate even if perhaps not what you might be used to.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

2 minutes ago, whitespider said:

He plays games on it so I can only assume its reasonable although it wont be awestern standard.

Count yourself lucky if it's not to Australian standard ... embarrassing "western" standards  here!

I use a 3BB subscription for internet. pre-paid AIS (1-2-CALL) for phone and SMS and Sophon for cable.

On 23/10/2017 at 00:17, whitespider said:

I am no expert but my son uses the True 89 Baht per week data sim. He plays games on it so I can only assume its reasonable although it wont be awestern standard.

i use AIS - use phone for phoning, sms, messenger, internet and emails. I rarely switch to wifi as it doesnt seem worth the effort. Works fine 95% of the time, bit slow the other 5%. That package is 899 but I have been told Trues is the same and cheaper i just havent got round to changing it.

I would guess unless you are using something other than the things i mention you will find it adequate even if perhaps not what you might be used to.

Capped at 512 kbps and actually 95.23 baht per week inc VAT. So 407.21 per 30 days

He'd be better off with their (capped at) 1 Mbps monthly package at 321 baht inc VAT per 30 days. Double the bandwidth and saving of 86 baht per month.

*900*1974#

On 23/10/2017 at 00:17, whitespider said:

As to your package, it all depends on how you use the Internet. Unless you are downloading movies, an unlimited data package, capped at 4 Mbps or 6 Mbps, might be better and cheaper for you.

It sounds as if you are on an old package of 8GB of data, slowing down to 384 kbps when the allocation has been depleted.

*777*7155#  4 Mbps unlimited 481.50 baht per 30 days

*777*7211# 6 Mbps unlimted 588.50 baht per 30 days.

So no slowing down to 384 kbps.

Archived